• 10,327,873 Posts
• 419,675 Topics
• 25,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our women's BB team, coach and stars were just seriously dissed by media  (Read 409 times)

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books

After having two players selected to the All-SEC teams by the league’s coaches, no Hogs were selected to the media’s six-player All-SEC team. Chelsea Dungee was picked on the First Team while Destiny Slocum was selected to the Second Team by the league’s coaches earlier this week.

Player of the Year
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky

Preseason All-SEC
Unique Thompson, Auburn
Rhyne Howard, Kentucky
Rickea Jackson, Mississippi State
Aliyah Boston, South Carolina
Rennia Davis, Tennessee
N’dea Jones, Texas A&M

We need to have a chip on our shoulder all year for this and blow the four teams and these players out of the water every time we play them.

logic

Re: Our women's BB team, coach and stars were just seriously dissed by media
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 09:53:12 am »

I don't see any justification over the slight difference to be upset.  Whether you are picked 4th or 5th, there is very little difference.  And, the 1st Team All SEC choices are identical except the media chose 6 players instead of the eight chosen by the coaches.  Therefore, obviously two could not be included and the 6 players selected are very good players.

Besides pre-season picks don't mean much.  The end of the season is far more important.  Not only that, but it is far better to not be selected and prove that you should have been selected than to be selected higher and for everyone to say, "You were overrated."

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:50:44 am »

I don't see any justification over the slight difference to be upset.  Whether you are picked 4th or 5th, there is very little difference.  And, the 1st Team All SEC choices are identical except the media chose 6 players instead of the eight chosen by the coaches.  Therefore, obviously two could not be included and the 6 players selected are very good players.

Besides pre-season picks don't mean much.  The end of the season is far more important.  Not only that, but it is far better to not be selected and prove that you should have been selected than to be selected higher and for everyone to say, "You were overrated."
I do not disagree with you - especially when we essentially have the same weaknesses that we had last year.  However, when two schools ranked above us lost their coaches, I think we are underrated.  I believe we can end up second.  Covid will probably play a deciding role where everyone ends up.  One or two players can make a big difference in basketball.

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 12:52:42 pm »

didnt you notice that neither Chelsea or Destiny was picked on the SEC team, that is mostly what I was talking about.  There is no way that several of those were better or had done more in the SEC that Chelsea, and no way several had done more nationally than Destiny.  In addition to the coaching changes, That's the diss to them and to the team.

brs_hogfan

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas