• 10,287,247 Posts
• 418,376 Topics
• 24,955 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: With the awesome weather the last couple weeks.........  (Read 356 times)

GolfNut57

With the awesome weather the last couple weeks.........
« on: October 13, 2020, 11:05:49 pm »

How many have been getting to play some golf? Forum has been a little quiet the last few days.

Pulled(PP)pork

Re: With the awesome weather the last couple weeks.........
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 11:23:58 pm »

left my clubs at home, and there is a nearby golf course that calls my name every time I pass it.  I head home thursday and will bring my clubs back with me.  I suppose I will figure out how to pack everything when I finish my contract.

PP

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HognitiveDissonance

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 05:11:34 pm »

How many have been getting to play some golf? Forum has been a little quiet the last few days.
Usually take some vacation days to play in October each year.
Yesterday was ab-so-lute-ly PERFECT weather. Loved it. Not a cloud in the sky, about 78 degrees.

GolfNut57

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 05:46:55 pm »

Usually take some vacation days to play in October each year.
Yesterday was ab-so-lute-ly PERFECT weather. Loved it. Not a cloud in the sky, about 78 degrees.

Yes it was. Got in 18 holes at Cypress and wasn't even in a hurry to finish. Just a nice day to spend outside. Today, Wed, was more of the same but even a Golfnut has to do yard work occasionally.  :)

Roctavious

• Senior
  • One track mind of the derailed kind . . . .
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:26:28 pm »

Friday is really the only day I can play because I work to late the other 4 days and have my kid on weekends. Plus I hate hoe long it takes to play a round on the weekend. But my Fridays have been full because of work. I'm thinking of taking some days off after my birthday first week of November and heading to Tunica. If so, I'll hopefully get to play Tunica National one day and River Bend another. I'm thinking of getting new sticks so I need to start playing enough to justify buying new ones.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 10:37:25 pm »

Friday is really the only day I can play because I work to late the other 4 days and have my kid on weekends. Plus I hate hoe long it takes to play a round on the weekend. But my Fridays have been full because of work. I'm thinking of taking some days off after my birthday first week of November and heading to Tunica. If so, I'll hopefully get to play Tunica National one day and River Bend another. I'm thinking of getting new sticks so I need to start playing enough to justify buying new ones.
So those are the courses still open at Tunica?

widespreadsooie

• Wearing shoes with no socks in cold weather
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 10:43:23 pm »

Have been playing as much as possible but that isn't much with the sun going down before seven now. Playing in a scramble Friday and caught the shanks yesterday, need to fix tomorrow. I'll never understand how the shanks come about. I'd likely be much better at golf if I did and have been at it for too long.

Roctavious

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 07:57:21 am »

So those are the courses still open at Tunica?

They both look to be still taking on line tee times.

hogfan98

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Agree to Disagree
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 10:08:01 am »

Have been playing as much as possible but that isn't much with the sun going down before seven now. Playing in a scramble Friday and caught the shanks yesterday, need to fix tomorrow. I'll never understand how the shanks come about. I'd likely be much better at golf if I did and have been at it for too long.

The shanks are contagious.  Someone probably had them and was riding around the course without head covers.  Shank droplets everywhere.

ricepig

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 10:15:29 am »

Lol, ainít that the truth. Iíve had them a couple of different times. My worse was warming up a TPC Sawgrass one day, and VJ was one the end. I hit a couple that looked like Rory McIlvoy, I had to get my 7 iron, my trusted warm up club, and half swing about 10 balls before I played. I still had doubts on the #1 tee box, but played well.

GolfNut57

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:10 am »

And now for the cure......

GolfNut57

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2020, 10:57:49 am »

Been wondering if you were still around. Haven't seen much of you on here in a coons age.........

Dropkick

• I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »

I played Rolling Hills (Cabot) with my son and a couple of friends on Monday. My first time there. Fun course and the fairways were excellent.

widespreadsooie

Roctavious

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 02:28:27 pm »

Been wondering if you were still around. Haven't seen much of you on here in a coons age.........

I was recently banned for a reason no one would tell me. Couldn't ever remember the last time I had posted but I guarantee it was in here. Before that, I'd been around, just lurking like us weirdo lefties tend to do

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:52 pm »

They both look to be still taking on line tee times.
Cottonwoods was my favorite course over there.
River Bend second, Tunica National third. Always thought National was a little too penal to be real fun to play.

GolfNut57

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2020, 12:34:25 am »

I was recently banned for a reason no one would tell me. Couldn't ever remember the last time I had posted but I guarantee it was in here. Before that, I'd been around, just lurking like us weirdo lefties tend to do

Well come around more often. To this forum anyway. There is a new sheriff in town here and I hear he is a real nice guy. He'll treat you right.  ;)

GolfNut57

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2020, 12:36:10 am »

I played Rolling Hills (Cabot) with my son and a couple of friends on Monday. My first time there. Fun course and the fairways were excellent.

I will have to play that course one day. I know it is private but are there scenarios where you can play it without being with a member?

widespreadsooie

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2020, 01:37:05 am »

Head cover drill works like a charm

GolfNut57

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 02:08:10 am »

Head cover drill works like a charm

Glad to hear it helps.

GolfNut57

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 02:18:50 am »

There are times I will hit a ball to the right but I am not convinced it was a shank. It just didn't feel like it hit the hosel to me. Feels more like the club face is wide open and I hit the ball so much off the toe of the club that it is almost a whiff. I have even done that a couple times on par threes where the divot is well inside where the ball was teed up. No way did that shot come from the hosel. My biggest problem in doing it is I have the tendency to stand up a tad in the downswing, which results in pulling the club away from the ball and closer to me. As a result I hit a lot of shots towards the toe of my irons.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 02:36:01 pm »

I will have to play that course one day. I know it is private but are there scenarios where you can play it without being with a member?
He will tell you, but then he'll have to kill you.

Kinda like discussing how many rounds per year are played at Alotian.

Dropkick

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 02:56:03 pm »

Actually my son is a member there and I don't know but I will try and find out.

Dropkick

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 03:00:36 pm »

He said have to be with a member.

GolfNut57

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 07:23:50 pm »

Actually my son is a member there and I don't know but I will try and find out.

Well I am a member at Cypress Creek and at HSV both in case they offer reciprocal type deals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas