• 10,295,485 Posts
• 418,679 Topics
• 24,965 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surprised  (Read 2064 times)

lamont7906

Surprised
« on: September 25, 2020, 08:10:37 pm »

Am I the only one looking to be optimistic. Maybe its the fan in me but teams take on the attitude and mentality of the coach.  Coach Morris and Chavis was lost, so the team was lost. Coach B got lazy the team turned lazy. Coach Pit and Odom is neither plus Briles is a bright offensive mind who has legit weapons at his disposal.
 The team do have new additions, that help dump the old attitude. We have Frank's the QB, one of the most important key factors when creating an attitude. Played big games, has talent and was successful with a strong arm who can get the ball to Burks and Knox. We have legitimate Oline coaches to help hide short comings and actually teach sound technique.
 We have guys on defense who's looking to prove themselves from successful big programs, like Kelly who has legit sec size and supposedly Diaper was a stud in high school but heard he did get hurt at OU and had a set back at OU due to that and now looking for a new start. Then we have the unknown, in Coates.
 Coates has A1 size, speed and strength a little raw being new to the position but could be a factor. He has the size and build like Garrett and Clowney.  Not saying he has the same talent but if he is just over average thats a major plus. If his size is any prelude to his strength and if the speed aspect is true, we may have found our diamond in the diamond state.
Add that with a certified good DC along with Jacob's who was a very good CB at A state who can play opposite side of brown we may very well surprise people. Alot of pieces has changed, plus we are the big time underdogs, no one is expecting nothing out of which plays well for teams that can use that energy, create that team cohesion and try to shock people expectations.

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Surprised
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 08:34:26 pm »

If you think you are alone in your optimism, I can assure you that you are not.

Go Hogs! Shock da world.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

pghawg1

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:39:30 pm »

Yes sir!!!!! Go Hogs Go🐗🐗

Hawgphat

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:55:03 pm »

My newborn optimism is not of the "momentary conditional" variety; it's here to stay.  I'm in for The Long Haul.

;D

Papawhawg

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 08:59:18 pm »

Speaking of Coates, am I the only one who is reminded of Jamal Anderson?

UnknownNobody

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 09:09:13 pm »

Cue the Debbie Downers who feel it is their calling to “Temper Expectations” because as far as those “Realists” are concerned you just don’t need to expect to win because if you do then you will call for Sam’s head if we lose.

liljo

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 09:21:07 pm »

Cue the Debbie Downers who feel it is their calling to “Temper Expectations” because as far as those “Realists” are concerned you just don’t need to expect to win because if you do then you will call for Sam’s head if we lose.
I hear ya UN, but there’s nothin’ they can say that’ll bring me down tonight! Any negative comes through HV between now and kickoff—just sounds like dawgs barkin’!  ;)

Kennel ‘em up Hogs!

hawginTN

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »

I’m optimistic

Our schedule this year means there is not one easy game. But this year starts our long climb out of the hole we’ve been in. We may not win a lot of these games but we will win more than we’re supposed to. We will win back our respect.

We will see fight in this team.
We will see a team that competes.
A team that represents Arkansas the way we expect them to. Win or lose.

Pittman has done something I thought was impossible. He has steadied this program without even playing a game. The fans are pulling for him. He’s genuine. What you see is what you get. He’s no mercenary or used car salesman.

The staff and players will give us their best effort. Which really, is all we ask from them.

JMHO

oldhawg

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 06:49:47 am »

My newborn optimism is not of the "momentary conditional" variety; it's here to stay.  I'm in for The Long Haul.

;D

So am I !!!  Although in my case the "long haul" could be rather short.  :)

liljo

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 06:51:55 am »

So am I !!!  Although in my case the "long haul" could be rather short.  :)
I feel that, my friend.

Go Hogs! And Hurry!

jackflash

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 07:07:20 am »

my goals are more simple  lets see us play hard and smart. that will give a chance in  most of are games this year

arkansasbred

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 10:20:26 am »

I'm definitely optimistic. But I tend to lean that way every season. Last season was an all time low for me. It was the first time I actually lost interest in watching the games. Hoping for a big turnaround this year. Even if that means just being competitive in every game. WPS!

hog of steele

• Taxi, Take to Arkansas!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 10:23:29 am »

By game time, I will have talked myself into all the reasons we can win this one. That is how I go into every game. Maybe this year, my optimism will be rewarded :)

woo pig!

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 10:43:38 am »

Not surprising at all. Why?

1. Barry Odom to solidify our Defense
2. Art Briles to utilize our weapons
3. Pitt to solidify our OL

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 10:49:10 am »

I'm not as optimistic about this game or this season like I am the future of this program with the people that are running it now.

From the time coach Pittman left, and Bielema became a drunk, until coach Pittman was hired as HC, this program has been in the pits of Hell. And the players that had to endure all this misery... Just God bless them!

But we have good leadership and competent coaching again. I believe this team this season can do things noone really expects them to.

That may not mean a win over Georgia, but as long as they play together, believe in a support each other, I think they can surprise some people this year.

One Fly Pig

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 02:36:51 am »

Coates has A1 size, speed and strength a little raw being new to the position but could be a factor. He has the size and build like Garrett and Clowney.  Not saying he has the same talent but if he is just over average thats a major plus. If his size is any prelude to his strength and if the speed aspect is true, we may have found our diamond in the diamond state.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/26/us/arkansas-man-diamond-state-park-trnd/index.html

Is it a sign?   ;)  9.07 ct found on 9/07 of this year.

Texman

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 07:23:19 am »

About 6-7 more moral victories and we will be a good team.

SurfnSun

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 08:26:09 am »

That was the least upset I’ve been about a loss in years.  I see so much progress and potential.  The D being on field almost the entire 2nd quarter Was too much even tho they played great.

Redhogs

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 09:23:50 am »

I'm not as optimistic about this game or this season like I am the future of this program with the people that are running it now.

From the time coach Pittman left, and Bielema became a drunk, until coach Pittman was hired as HC, this program has been in the pits of Hell. And the players that had to endure all this misery... Just God bless them!

But we have good leadership and competent coaching again. I believe this team this season can do things noone really expects them to.

That may not mean a win over Georgia, but as long as they play together, believe in a support each other, I think they can surprise some people this year.
Depth is the problem...gonna take time...unfortunately.  Agree with all your observations.

Redhogs

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 09:24:46 am »

About 6-7 more moral victories and we will be a good team.
More truth to that than you know...or ment...

Hogmatic

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 10:19:04 am »

That was the least upset I’ve been about a loss in years.  I see so much progress and potential.  The D being on field almost the entire 2nd quarter Was too much even tho they played great.

We can build from this progress on Defense.  The UGA Oline was not able to block our Def front in the first half and even Chizik stated that at half time.  Chizik was impressed with our Defense and what Odom has done.  The Oline will not go against another front 7 like UGA's the rest of the season.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas