• 10,285,818 Posts
• 418,327 Topics
• 24,952 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walgreens No Longer Offering Free Flu Shots for VA Disabled Vets -CVS Does  (Read 700 times)

Squealers

• Resident Wisenhiemer®
  • Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • HOGVILLE'S EAST COAST COMMANDER IN CHIEF

I was rejected at Walgreens this morning, said they no longer offer the program.  However I went across the street to CVS and they did offer the Free Flu Shot.  Thanks CVS for supporting us Vets. 

kodiakisland

It has nothing to do with supporting vets.  It has everything to do with government contracts.  Walgreens no longer has the contract to provide flu shots for the VA in regions 1,2, and 3 this year.  You may not have a copay, but it was never free.

https://www.va.gov/find-locations
Search for VA network pharmacies
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:26:24 pm by kodiakisland »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Led by Love of Country-Task Force Mountain Warrior

It has nothing to do with supporting vets.  It has everything to do with government contracts.  Walgreens no longer has the contract to provide flu shots for the VA in regions 1,2, and 3 this year.  You may not have a copay, but it was never free.

https://www.va.gov/find-locations
Search for VA network pharmacies

Certainly.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I was rejected at Walgreens this morning, said they no longer offer the program.  However I went across the street to CVS and they did offer the Free Flu Shot.  Thanks CVS for supporting us Vets. 

If you have ChampVA you can go to the VA Clinic and get it.

If you don't have ChampVA, then you are required by law to have some other kind of health insurance which, by law, is supposed to cover preventive care

If your disabilities don't qualify you for ChampVA, then why should be VA assume the financial responsibility for an individual's preventive healthcare?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas