• 10,295,477 Posts
• 418,679 Topics
• 24,965 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LB depth  (Read 854 times)

Pulled(PP)pork

LB depth
« on: September 25, 2020, 12:28:37 am »

why on gods green earth is that still a problem for us?  I was reading Otis Kirks article and it was in there about our depleted LB depth.  can we stock up on LB's for the love of humanity at some point soon?

PP

Royal Fortune

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your Kung Fu is not strong.
Re: LB depth
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 12:58:20 am »

I've been saying this since 2007 so

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 01:50:18 am »

I've been saying this since 2007 so
same

PP

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 06:07:19 am »

To bad we can’t use the one that plays offense some

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 06:18:09 am »

Just think if Burks could play that bandit LB position Jericho Nelson played. Mmmm

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 08:24:15 am »

To bad we can’t use the one that plays offense some

Burks may be more valuable as a LB on Sundays.  Lots of players with his size and speed at WR.  Not so many with it who can tackle or who want to. Pass coverage skills may be more important for a LB now and in the future than it has been.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:41:20 am »

Burks may be more valuable as a LB on Sundays.  Lots of players with his size and speed at WR.  Not so many with it who can tackle or who want to. Pass coverage skills may be more important for a LB now and in the future than it has been.
With the shape of the program... hes probably playing receiver at the wrong school sadly.... but I think Briles will show him off this season...

But yes hed be an animal at linebacker.... id still use him both ways if I was the coach with the struggle our program is in...

We beat Kentucky and Ole miss if he plays linebacker last year...

liljo

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:01:11 am »

With the shape of the program... hes probably playing receiver at the wrong school sadly.... but I think Briles will show him off this season...

But yes hed be an animal at linebacker.... id still use him both ways if I was the coach with the struggle our program is in...

Of that, I have no doubt. A whole lot of converted third and 8's last year would have resulted in 4th and 15 with that one move. Those QB rollouts for 12 yards and a 1st down--the answer would have been NO.

That said--(laughing at myself as I say this) I STILL WANT TO SEE THE FOOTBALL IN TREYLON'S HANDS A BUNCH BUNCH THIS YEAR!

ricepig

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 09:39:26 am »

why on gods green earth is that still a problem for us?  I was reading Otis Kirks article and it was in there about our depleted LB depth.  can we stock up on LB's for the love of humanity at some point soon?

PP

I assume you mean quality depth? We have lots of players at that position, just not many SEC ready.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 09:42:29 am »

Nothing is a given under the disaster that was the Chaggie staff.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 09:43:19 am »

supposedly GA wants to throw it around this year... maybe we can get more DBs on the field that way

Mr. Barnett (rbarnet424)

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 09:55:37 am »

I assume you mean quality depth? We have lots of players at that position, just not many SEC ready.

seems like we have recruited plenty of LBs but we can only seem to get one good LB at a time... Went from Spaight to Greenlaw to Scoota to Bumper... we are always looking for other guys to step up behind them. Hopefully this coaching staff can get more guys going

#hammerdown

• Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:22 am »

Sure would have been nice to have another Henry in that position until OM swooped in and stole him away.

liljo

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 11:16:20 am »

Sure would have been nice to have another Henry in that position until OM swooped in and stole him away.
I had forgotten about that.
Yes, that one was a real stinger. As if I needed another reason to hate Ole Miss.

lamont7906

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 08:19:17 pm »

Very bad depth but hopefully the new Dline and back end can hide the weakness. Dline by opening gaps and not letting the online get to the second  level and back end for possibly having the ability for the safety to cheat up knowing we should have two legit CB's in Brown and Jacobs.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2020, 08:57:55 pm »

y'all are under rating the kids . we will put a solid 6 available but depth past that looks iffy

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:02 pm »

you read my mind

PP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas