• 10,286,922 Posts
• 418,363 Topics
• 24,955 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: A text to my friend the Georgia fan  (Read 4223 times)

WooooPig88

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
A text to my friend the Georgia fan
« on: September 21, 2020, 12:52:08 pm »

A few game week notes for you:

1. Arkansas started the downhill slide the year after Pittman left us for Georgia the same could be about to happen in Athens.

2. You guys have a new OC, OL coach, and QB your offense could very well struggle

3. We have way more talent on offense that has been shown over the past 2 years. We could put up a lot of points on yall, especially with Felipe Frank's as QB1.

4. This has already proven to be a year of upsets, with the COVID-19 of it all

5. This will probably comeback to bite me in the butt this Saturday, but I will always ride with my Hogs.

Wooooooo Pig Sooie!!! 🐗🐗🐗

Arkansas Fan

Re: A text to my friend the Georgia fan
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 12:57:26 pm »

Losing Pittman hurt us more than it'll hurt Georgia.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

WooooPig88

• Band Nerd
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 01:06:21 pm »

Losing Pittman hurt us more than it'll hurt Georgia.

That is likely very true!

hogmolar

• Senior
  • Hard to soar like an eagle when you hang out with
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 01:13:56 pm »

Dang that must have been a long text

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • HOTTY TODDY...may I have another?
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 01:21:11 pm »

Your second point, the Dogs getting a new O-coordinator, O-line coach, and the spinning roulette wheel that is their quarterback situation (shuffling their number 2, 3 and 4) all should give us a little rise. However, as much as I like that, I also know better. It's no guarantee they'll struggle, but we can hope.

And we absolutely have some offensive skill players to stay in this. Gotta look at Franks first. What if he's the best quarterback on the field on Saturday? What if it's by a lot?

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 01:31:59 pm »

5 days to kickoff... kool-aid consumption is at its peak

WooooPig88

• Band Nerd
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 01:35:38 pm »

Would you like some, sir? There's enough to go around!

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 01:36:58 pm »

Would you like some, sir? There's enough to go around!

It's quite delicious but the more you drink the sicker you'll be later on! Gotta be careful with it

Mike_e

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 02:38:00 pm »

I've got the kool-aid and kobeer IV drippin merrily away.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 02:39:52 pm »

I'd burn the evidence if I were the OP.

alohawg

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 02:51:11 pm »

If Ark were playing their 2nd string I might feel semi-confident...

HogPharmer

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 03:00:30 pm »

ďGeorgia has new OL coach, OC, and QB, they will struggle...Ē

Excuse me while I look the other way at the fact that Arkansas also has a new OL coach, OC, and QB.

The logic mixed into this koolaid is triggering my dysphagia.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 03:01:31 pm »

Losing Pittman won't hurt GA near as bad . They signed Matt Luke who is a good O-line coach too. We went From Pittman to Kurt [ crap ] Anderson cause CBB couldn't find good coaches who would work with him

liljo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 03:04:00 pm »

If Ark were playing their 2nd string I might feel semi-confident...
I dunno...I actually believe Georgia could compete with our second string...Be a closer game, for sure...
 ;)

IceColdMintJulep

• Varsity
  • It will feel better when it stops hurting
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 03:19:48 pm »

Sometimes that Kool-Aid is just too good to pass on, but the heartburn comes later. To take a sip though, if we were hot right out of the gate, say first series a TD and then a pick 6 and a punt return TD...would UGA start to panic and implode? I would imagine the prospect of losing to us would have some kind of impact and maybe they try too hard and start in-fighting causing the implosion. Alright, enough kool-aid

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Retired Inimitable War Damn Mockingbird Uni Keeper
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 03:39:17 pm »

I think there's more upside to the curve. At least 10-12% more.  Never forget, Hogville also tends to overshoot to the up and down sides.

#hammerdown

• Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 04:19:21 pm »

Hogville members are the only people in the country who believe we have a chance to win this game.  If you believe we will, or even have a reasonable chance, to win this game, good for you.  Please just donít come on here in melt down mode when we get our butts kicked.  I believe CSP will turn this around but it will not result in a win this Saturday unless Georgia has a major Covid outbreak.  And even then it is not likely.  We have a long way to go before we will be a threat to teams that have been recruiting in the top 5 for the last few years.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 04:24:58 pm »

Hogville members are the only people in the country who believe we have a chance to win this game.  If you believe we will, or even have a reasonable chance, to win this game, good for you.  Please just donít come on here in melt down mode when we get our butts kicked.  I believe CSP will turn this around but it will not result in a win this Saturday unless Georgia has a major Covid outbreak.  And even then it is not likely.  We have a long way to go before we will be a threat to teams that have been recruiting in the top 5 for the last few years.

You need some Kool-aid.

liljo

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 04:42:16 pm »

::) ??? :-X :-\

I have a feelin'...you MAY be the kind of fan that, if watching the game at my house...ends up getting thrown out of the window!

Maybe not. But you sure don't have much PRESEASON CHEER!

C'mon, man, it's still pre-season! And if somebody DOES come on here and have a meltdown, what the hell does that matter to you? Don't read it.

If I was gonna have a meltdown about anything, it'd be your HV handle... ;D

We haven't even kicked off the season yet. My mind, if I allowed it to go there right now, would probably pick...no, I won't even say it.

My heart says, Hogs 31, Dawgs 27. I'll go with that 'til I see otherwise.

GO HOGS. ;D

rhames

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 04:42:55 pm »

Nice humble brag about having friends

alohawg

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 04:53:43 pm »

I dunno...I actually believe Georgia could compete with our second string...Be a closer game, for sure...
 ;)

Thanks, I needed a lol.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »

ask the big 12 if upsets can happen .

psychhog

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 05:01:42 pm »

Now this is true and gives a glimmer of hope to us. I'm drinking to Kool-Aid that we'll be much improved this year. But I have to be realistic as well. We've gone 2+ years without an SEC win, new HC, OC, OL coach and new starting QB who transferred in (talented, but still new to Ark and coming off season ending injury last year). I don't believe our first SEC win will come at the hands of Georgia, #4 ranked, well coached, talent-loaded team, despite them also experiencing new beginnings at OC, OL, and starting QB. I think we'll see some fight in us that we haven't seen the past 3 years though and I'll take moral victories this year.

razorbacker3

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »

We have nothing to lose. Nobody but diehard hog fans give us a chance in hell. Georgia has everything to lose. Come on up
Bulldogs!  WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Hamdsome 1

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 05:12:13 pm »

This Saturday Georgia is going to learn quick, fast, and in a hurry the Razorbacks are now coached by a guy they revered less than a year ago.

HogPharmer

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 05:50:31 pm »

I think there's more upside to the curve. At least 10-12% more.  Never forget, Hogville also tends to overshoot to the up and down sides.

The overshoot is fluid.

HogPharmer

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 05:54:11 pm »

ASU over K State and Louisiana over Iowa State and (insert any NCAA program name here, including FCS schools) over Kansas is not nearly the same magnitude of upset that Arkansas over Georgia would be. At this point, even prior to said upsets, I'm pretty sure all of those G5 schools were ranked higher than Arkansas in the polls. And I'm also positive that Georgia is ranked higher than any of the teams that were upset.

Danimal

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 06:40:45 pm »

Losing Pitt hurt us -- but the reason(s) he left hurt us a lot more.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Whole Hog half ham, Arkansas by damn.....!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 06:47:14 pm »

The logic mixed into this koolaid is triggering my dysphagia.

Is that where your sticker pecks out when the wind blows?.....or is that the 'uh oh I need a pill' pecker thing?

'Cause mine steadily goes up and down with these threads.  "They'll never see us coming, we're hiding in the shadows", to "just win one or two and that's improvement".

And don't mention women, I've been waiting for college football for much longer.

PorkSoda

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2020, 07:56:35 pm »

from a guy with #hammerdown as his moniker. ;)

Hawgphat

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2020, 08:15:19 pm »

I won't poo-poo your predetermined negative outlook.  If that's what you truly expect, then I don't feel like I would be justified in faulting you for your bleak, total lack of confidence in our program, based upon recent season results and all of the glaringly obvious debacles through which Faithful Hog Fans have suffered.

I simply can't resign myself to being that bereft of all hope and that hardcore pessimistically fatalistic.

That's not a condemnation; it's just a personal observation.

liljo

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2020, 08:21:42 pm »

ASU over K State and Louisiana over Iowa State and (insert any NCAA program name here, including FCS schools) over Kansas is not nearly the same magnitude of upset that Arkansas over Georgia would be. At this point, even prior to said upsets, I'm pretty sure all of those G5 schools were ranked higher than Arkansas in the polls. And I'm also positive that Georgia is ranked higher than any of the teams that were upset.
Absolutely right!

We gonna Shock. Da. World.

Borrowing from Yogi Berra, the Hogs might shock da whole universe!

Rayzback

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2020, 08:34:44 pm »

???

liljo

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2020, 08:37:36 pm »

That ainít kool aid. Thatís bull dawg blood.

Get Ďem Hogs.

Rayzback

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2020, 08:42:05 pm »

Get Ďem Hogs.

Didnít realize where he was from.... agreed.

hawgdavis

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2020, 09:24:35 pm »

I am a Razorback fan to the core. I always believe we have a shot to win. I canít tell my heart otherwise. I am a Razorback fan and know we can lose almost every game we play. I always hold my head up no matter what because Iím damn proud of my little home state and no matter what Iím always 100% Hog thru and thru and you guys are my brothers. We have done the improbable many times and for the life of me I have no clue why but I think we do it this week. Itís just like us to do so.

WooooPig88

• Band Nerd
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 08:04:23 am »

Get Ďem Hogs.

You win this thread, sir!

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2020, 09:01:06 am »

I've had whine and cheese for way too many years.  By itself water is just... water.  So flavor my water with some red koolaid. 

We are freakin undefeated right now.  When is the "appropriate" time to have koolaid?  If we wait until after some larger than life pitcher breaks down a wall screaming, "oh yeah!" people will just panic. 

USChog

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2020, 11:02:47 am »

Losing Pittman will affect GA, but not the way it did Arkansas. Mostly because Kirby is not an alcoholic megalomaniac.

HogPharmer

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2020, 11:06:36 am »

I've had whine and cheese for way too many years.  By itself water is just... water.  So flavor my water with some red koolaid. 

We are freakin undefeated right now.  When is the "appropriate" time to have koolaid?  If we wait until after some larger than life pitcher breaks down a wall screaming, "oh yeah!" people will just panic.

It's been a while since Arkansas was undefeated this late in September.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 11:08:26 am »

Hopefully our players and coaches donít have this loser attitude.

BloodRedHog

• Mortgage Professional
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:07 am »

Check Franks stats for Florida when he played against Georgia --

that should give us all pause before we drink the Kool Aid.

I just want to see

fight and determination;

players positioned correctly;

and a coaching staff that doesn't create Club Dub after beating a non-name school.

IceColdMintJulep

• Varsity
  • It will feel better when it stops hurting
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 11:12:06 am »

A few quotes to digest for what their worth...
Mike Ditka: Before you can win, you have to believe you are worthy.
Joe Torre: Competing at the highest level is not about winning. Itís about preparation, courage, understanding and nurturing your people, and heart. Winning is the result.
I think Pittman is working this with the team.

Lastly:
Arthur Ashe: Regardless of how you feel inside, always try to look like a winner. Even if youíre behind, a sustained look of control and confidence can give you a mental edge that results in victory.

If you think you're going to lose, you will succeed every time.

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 11:20:06 am »

TalkinHogSmack

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2020, 11:26:08 am »

so would you explain to people like south Carolina or Georgia tech or any other inferior team to Georgia that hasnt beaten them recently how they cant beat Georgia cause they dont recruit like them?  Its the SEC anyone can beat anyone on any given day.  We have talent to sneak up on people and if you dont believe that then you need to scrap the crap out of your eyes from the last 2 years and horrible coaching that went with it.  I am not saying we will beat Georgia but dont be naÔve to think we couldnt either.  They turn the ball over and dont have a good day offensively... anything could happen

UnknownNobody

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2020, 11:28:47 am »

Check Franks stats for Florida when he played against Georgia --

that should give us all pause before we drink the Kool Aid.

I just want to see

fight and determination;

players positioned correctly;

and a coaching staff that doesn't create Club Dub after beating a non-name school.

Franks only played against Georgia once, in 2018, and was 61% passing with a touchdown and an interception in a losing effort.

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2020, 12:04:02 pm »

It's been a while since Arkansas was undefeated this late in September.

delayed start has provided more time to sip Kool-Aid

RyanMallettsEgo

• You'll get your chance, smart guy
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2020, 12:07:23 pm »

delayed start has provided more time to sip Kool-Aid

Yep.

#10ByAugust should be Hogville's motto, but with the season not starting til the end of September, we've now convinced ourselves we're going to beat Georgia.

Pretty remarkable stuff.

thebignasty

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2020, 12:17:29 pm »

Yep.

#10ByAugust should be Hogville's motto, but with the season not starting til the end of September, we've now convinced ourselves we're going to beat Georgia.

Pretty remarkable stuff.

We will have disappointed fans questioning the Pittman hire by half time.

RyanMallettsEgo

• You'll get your chance, smart guy
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:27 pm »

We will have disappointed fans questioning the Pittman hire by half time.

Absolutely.

Which is the perfect response to the posters who criticize others who advise tempering expectations. Folks are convincing themselves we have a chance to beat Georgia, then if we lose by 35, they'll already begin to sour on Pittman because he didn't meet their wild-ass and unfounded expectations.

It's clockwork in this joint.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas