• 10,286,954 Posts
• 418,363 Topics
• 24,955 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you do in seats?  (Read 8711 times)

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
Re: How did you do in seats?
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 02:13:01 pm »

Not sure how many points you've accumulated or how much you donate but I suspect a huge majority are in your same boat. Because of that I'm not sure I'd call it getting hosed.

I ageee and just said so.  Hosed was my vent word for being surprised and disappointed.

hoggusamoungus

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 02:20:06 pm »

My curiosity now is what happens if someone that got bumped down to my old seats refuses them?  Can I get them back or another slides in them above me?  Are they going to play hopscotch all day long as people turn them down and reboot you?

It's possible/probable your old seats will sit empty as part of the social distance strategy.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Tyro3

• Senior
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2020, 02:20:29 pm »

I ended up with 4 tickets to 2 games, but the email did not specify what games I got, is this something they will
eventually tell me, or did I miss something?

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2020, 02:23:07 pm »

It's possible/probable your old seats will sit empty as part of the social distance strategy.

Yes sir.  Read that as my old seats general area

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Retired Inimitable War Damn Mockingbird Uni Keeper
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2020, 02:28:23 pm »

I ended up with 4 tickets to 2 games, but the email did not specify what games I got, is this something they will

Might contact the RF to ensure you get the proper clarity.

Dropkick

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2020, 02:34:03 pm »

I read it to mean 2 game package = GA & BAMA, 3 game = LSU-UT-OLE MISS. Not sure if that is correct, just my take on it.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 02:39:48 pm »

My seats are a game time decision. 65" in the living room or 60" on the back deck. Temperature will play a roll.

pigz

« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2020, 02:43:36 pm »

I read it to mean 2 game package = GA & BAMA, 3 game = LSU-UT-OLE MISS. Not sure if that is correct, just my take on it.

This is correct, pretty sure.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2020, 02:44:02 pm »

The 2 game package was for Georgia and Alabama.
The 3 game package was for Ole Miss, Tenn, and LSU.

ricepig

« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2020, 02:46:33 pm »

I want to clarify I am not that mad.  I figure he process has been fair to me.  I am a long time ticket buyer but not a long time donor.  Only donated when it became a requirement.  When I think about it, I Ďnow see bigger donors than me likely got bumped from their seats down to my norm seats.  Then people like me in the decent seats get bumped to worse seats.

Itís a big game of dominoes.

I am more surprised that dropping from 5 to 2 seats by design only got me 3 games.  Just doesnít equate to me.  And moving me to the East heavens after a lifetime of lower bowl is a shocker.

My curiosity now is what happens if someone that got bumped down to my old seats refuses them?  Can I get them back or another slides in them above me?  Are they going to play hopscotch all day long as people turn them down and reboot you?

I figure 5 games x 5 tickets is what I am in for.  If end up with 2 games x 3tickets Per I guess I will get a refund of 19 games.  Letís not forget we paid for 6 games but the UA cleverly simplified its pricing to 5 with better opponents.

Iím still in limbo. 

Well, we paid for 6, and we were to get 7, now we get 5. Itís Common Core math!

Ham Ham Pigelow

« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2020, 02:50:26 pm »

So did season ticker holders actually receive the digital tickets today?  If not, when do you expect to receive them?

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2020, 02:51:39 pm »

parking lot hopefully close enough to hear the game . Oh well Just upgraded TV anyway . Such is life of a Covid Hog fan

ricepig

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2020, 02:51:42 pm »

So did season ticker holders actually receive the digital tickets today?  If not, when do you expect to receive them?

In the coming days, was how the email read.

Ham Ham Pigelow

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2020, 02:53:07 pm »

In the coming days, was how the email read.
Thanks.

Anyone who is in the market to sell or before you opt out, I am looking for 2-4 Tenner tickets!  Will provide competitive offer!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • White Rock Mountain Pavilion.
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2020, 03:03:03 pm »

I ageee and just said so.  Hosed was my vent word for being surprised and disappointed.
I can understand disappointment. The surprised part not so much.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2020, 03:04:30 pm »

Well, we paid for 6, and we were to get 7, now we get 5. Itís Common Core math!

It's Covid math! 😀

NWA Hog

• Administrator
  • Class of Ď85
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2020, 03:11:13 pm »

Given a choice, I would have much preferred Ole Miss, LSU, and Tennessee to Alabama and Georgia.

ricepig

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2020, 03:16:46 pm »

Given a choice, I would have much preferred Ole Miss, LSU, and Tennessee to Alabama and Georgia.

Yeah, I would imagine that most would. It will be interesting to see what the secondary market looks like this year, might actually be a sellerís premium, unlike the past 3 years, lol.

woodhog14

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2020, 03:19:05 pm »

We are passing this year for the first time in 20 years, just not a well thought out plan by the University. Making more people mad than they are happy.
How in the hell are they going to make all people happy when they are only giving out 17,000 tickets out of 31,000 season tickets that were originally sold?

How was this not thought out well by the university. Can you give examples and what would you're solution be to make it better? Don't say "years donating" because it doesn't work like that.

I'm amazed at the amount of people complaining that got tickets, but didn't get their normal seats or the number of games they wanted. What a joke. Be happy you got what you got and that we even get to go to games in person. Good Lord.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2020, 03:19:10 pm »

We are passing this year for the first time in 20 years, just not a well thought out plan by the University. Making more people mad than they are happy.

Oh good grief. It's like that anywhere at all schools that are playing games. If you didn't like the plan maybe you should have called Hunter and gave him your plan idea. There was no way everyone was going to be happy. I opted out. NOT because I wanted to but because my wife's potential health issue. After what she's gone through the last year I'm just glad she's here to be able to watch the games with me on TV this year!

ricepig

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2020, 03:31:31 pm »

Oh good grief. It's like that anywhere at all schools that are playing games. If you didn't like the plan maybe you should have called Hunter and gave him your plan idea. There was no way everyone was going to be happy. I opted out. NOT because I wanted to but because my wife's potential health issue. After what she's gone through the last year I'm just glad she's here to be able to watch the games with me on TV this year!

Amen, I hope she sits with you for several more years and asks you to go to the concession stand for her!

PRORODEO51

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2020, 04:03:42 pm »

With the reduced number of tickets i would assume it will be a sellers market especially with the attractive schedule.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2020, 05:00:41 pm »

Anybody willing to separate from 4 tickets to the Tenner game?

Personally I wouldnít be buying tickets on the secondary market without a guarantee... Too many unknowns if we will even get that far into the season and only the original ticket holder will get a refund from the university if games are canceled.

31to6

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2020, 05:34:43 pm »

4 for 3 games. Got moved to the sunny side of the stadium which sucks.

ricepig

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2020, 05:40:50 pm »

4 for 3 games. Got moved to the sunny side of the stadium which sucks.

Tennessee is a 6:30 game, so that will be fine, Iím guessing OM is 11AM, lol.

Kris kringle Lick A Pring

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2020, 05:42:46 pm »

I didnít get an email yet.

Dat bad?

GA reddiehog

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2020, 05:46:15 pm »

season ticket holder since 1989, Big Hog Foundation level I asked for 2 ticket 5 game package.
I got 2 ticket 3 game package and have been moved from section 103 to section 501.
Maybe with enough opting out after getting their ticket assignment they will reassign some of the seats,
but I am in the stadium.
See you took my old post name.  I used it for 1-2 years and had problems with the password and changed to Ga reddiehog.  I hope people don't get us confused for your sake.  I've been hammered in the past and got banned for a week once. I'm a 1966 Henderson graduate but have been a Hog fan since back in the 50's.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2020, 05:55:47 pm »

Amen, I hope she sits with you for several more years and asks you to go to the concession stand for her!

Thank you. Where we sit in the SOC she prefers to go to the concession stand since it's air conditioned! Haha! We plan to be there again next year and many more!

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2020, 06:22:34 pm »

I suspect that there is some advanced math and computer spreadsheet programming involved.

They have to get EVERY season ticket holder a package, if requested. At that point, they have folks who roll in coin deeper than I can imagine who want their exact seats for every game.

We asked for 5 games, got three. Reduced from four to three tickets. Bumped up a level, but I can't fathom the odds of having your exact seats again.

At some point, maybe, they just set up a grid in the stadium. Then, plugged in bodies to the seats they created.

I would actually like to know the details, but not because I'm mad. Thrilled I get to see three games and not two.

By the way, my family tracks season ticket purchases before the RF but am pretty certain the official records are only since the Foundation was formalized (1975?).

31to6

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »

Tennessee is a 6:30 game, so that will be fine, Iím guessing OM is 11AM, lol.
Well that is good at least.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have the opportunity to go to a game or two, but I really liked my tickets in the chairback seats in the west upper deck.

woopigdallas

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2020, 07:19:52 pm »

Got the 3 game package. Looking to buy 2-4 tickets lower level to Georgia game if anyone has some not using or plan to give back.
Please call me at 318-557-8082
I live in Springdale
🏈🐗

jjdlc

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2020, 07:25:14 pm »

Hard not to feel a little bitter getting bumped from the 30th row 30 yard line seats I've had for nearly 20 years, all the way up into the extreme nose bleeds, and only getting 2 games.

What I really want to know is if I'm getting my seats back next year.  If not, I probably won't be a donor anymore.

ricepig

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2020, 07:44:26 pm »

Hard not to feel a little bitter getting bumped from the 30th row 30 yard line seats I've had for nearly 20 years, all the way up into the extreme nose bleeds, and only getting 2 games.

What I really want to know is if I'm getting my seats back next year.  If not, I probably won't be a donor anymore.

Of course you will, they stated in the original email that if you opted out you would get your same seats next year.

opineonswine

• Global Moderator
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2020, 07:46:36 pm »

I rejected my suite but let them keep the money for next year.

BeaverHog

« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2020, 07:59:33 pm »

Curious with the crowd restrictions, minus the premium seating in the end zones or boxes, is there any thing preventing you from sitting where ever you like? I know thereís rent an usher but those guys donít give a crap.  The lack of people with freedom of movement sounds amazing.   

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2020, 08:11:32 pm »

Curious with the crowd restrictions, minus the premium seating in the end zones or boxes, is there any thing preventing you from sitting where ever you like? I know thereís rent an usher but those guys donít give a crap.  The lack of people with freedom of movement sounds amazing.

I hope they kick people that would attempt do this out for the rest of the season without refunds. Jerk move and the typical I can do what I want and ignore the rules bs..

31to6

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2020, 08:19:03 pm »

I hope they kick people that would attempt do this out for the rest of the season without refunds. Jerk move and the typical I can do what I want and ignore the rules bs..
A lot of colleges and pro franchises will be watching how well the Chiefs' plan for attendance works out tomorrow night.

They contracted Populous to design a comprehensive set of protocols for managing (and maintaining) limited attendance and social distancing while providing as good of a fan experience as possible.

BeaverHog

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2020, 08:19:31 pm »

Ok... I wasnít advocating going against Covid rules. Part of any fan experience to navigate to better seats if there is an opportunity and itís safe for everyone in an open air stadium.

MC_Hog

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:02 pm »

This year will be the first time I have missed a home game since I've been a season ticket holder...27 years now. I have been on the 8th row in section 503 since 2001. This year I decided to move to Pig Heaven in 501 so I knew I wouldn't get those seats. I ended up with the 3 game package in 525 Pig Heaven. I really don't understand the complaining about sitting in the upper deck. They are the best seats in the stadium.  I donate enough to sit in the lower bowl but I sit in the upper deck by choice. I have sat all over the lower bowl during spring games & scrimmages & you just can't see the game well in the lower bowl. I think it's pretty damn arrogant to think your too good to sit in the upper deck.

1highhog

• The Undefeated!
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2020, 08:26:27 pm »

I got hosed.  I usually have a block of 5 and Choose Just 2 for 5 games.

They gave me two for the 3 game package and moved me from a lower corner to East up high in the clouds.

Probably going to pass completely now.

I bought a new leather recliner that does everything but give me lap dances, so I guess that's as good as I'm going to get for this year.

NWA Hog

• Administrator
  • Class of Ď85
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2020, 08:39:23 pm »

This year will be the first time I have missed a home game since I've been a season ticket holder...27 years now. I have been on the 8th row in section 503 since 2001. This year I decided to move to Pig Heaven in 501 so I knew I wouldn't get those seats. I ended up with the 3 game package in 525 Pig Heaven. I really don't understand the complaining about sitting in the upper deck. They are the best seats in the stadium.  I donate enough to sit in the lower bowl but I sit in the upper deck by choice. I have sat all over the lower bowl during spring games & scrimmages & you just can't see the game well in the lower bowl. I think it's pretty damn arrogant to think your too good to sit in the upper deck.

My first year of law school (1985) was the year we added the upper deck to Razorback Stadium. I used student loan money to buy season football tickets for the first time, and got two tickets in the [CENSORED] of Pig Heaven. Chair back seats. Absolutely loved them.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2020, 08:46:14 pm »

Ok... I wasnít advocating going against Covid rules. Part of any fan experience to navigate to better seats if there is an opportunity and itís safe for everyone in an open air stadium.

Sorry! Itís been a long day and I need a beer. Didnít mean to snap back. I agree with you on a normal year as I move around if I see empty seats available. Especially at baseball games in the early season.

I just think this year is different and we need to all follow the rules and sit in our assigned seats. Itís not fair for the ones that had to move to the upper deck or not get tickets if we just move wherever.

BeaverHog

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2020, 08:57:53 pm »

Sorry! Itís been a long day and I need a beer. Didnít mean to snap back. I agree with you on a normal year as I move around if I see empty seats available. Especially at baseball games in the early season.

I just think this year is different and we need to all follow the rules and sit in our assigned seats. Itís not fair for the ones that had to move to the upper deck or not get tickets if we just move wherever.

Good points, youíre right about adherence to rules.  IMO if you have tickets and have any of the awesome lineups of games coming up, I wouldnít be too upset!  Thereís only so many Georgia and Tennessee games coming up in the future at home. Would love to be there.

RowNorseRow

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »

Like others have said, if any of yíall decide to not attend the games, Iíd really love to buy just one or two tickets to ANY game on the schedule. Hook me up!

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2020, 03:06:00 am »

Oh good grief. It's like that anywhere at all schools that are playing games.
Not completely true.  Some programs have such weak season ticket sales that they are able to accommodate their fans, the visiting fans, the entire student section, and give away packets of comp tickets to local businesses for giveaway promotions.  Our 33k season tickets sold isn't very impressive but it was well above the capacity threshold.  There have been hopeful grumblings from fans of other SEC programs that as the season progresses that more seats might become available.  In all likelihood that will probably not happen but we can dream.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2020, 03:21:36 am »

Off topic but I'm glad they finally got the Stadium Drive construction done.

https://twitter.com/UATandP/status/1303753840982925312

A little bit narrower in areas if you are driving but it greatly improved the sidewalks.  No more grand canyon cracks along the east sidewalk.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2020, 03:42:49 am »

I'll be watching on ESPN+ from work,But that's life when you work in the medical field during Covid.

Vent your anger about your seat changes on the opponents and make it the best environment possible for our boys!

pghawg1

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2020, 06:57:03 am »

Got moved to upper deck west. Luckily I got 2 tix for 3 games. Iím happy to be in stadium.

jjdlc

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2020, 07:36:04 am »

To each their own.  I started in the upper deck before getting the seats I have now.  I didn't care for it all that much, and have greatly enjoyed my current seats.  It isn't arrogance to have different tastes. 

PermianPig

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2020, 07:52:49 am »

This is ridiculous.  I'm not going to get tickets this year. 
It would be nice to watch it from a barstool this go around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas