• 10,286,954 Posts
• 418,363 Topics
• 24,955 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you do in seats?  (Read 8710 times)

hogfan98

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Agree to Disagree
Re: How did you do in seats?
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2020, 08:55:25 am »

All you guys claiming to have gotten hosed need to chill.  There's no easy way to accommodate everyone right now.  And they made it very clear that you might not be able to keep your seats.  The snobbery some of you are showing is embarrassing. 

hogfan98

• Agree to Disagree
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2020, 08:56:25 am »

Trying really hard to figure out which word got censored here lol.

You weren't the only one.

Misspelled "deck" maybe?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Cotton

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Weather Czar
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2020, 09:00:18 am »

I've been relegated to the game room.  Now, there's a 60" tv in there with a 40" tv on each side of it so I'm not complaining.
One of these days...

rmcchris

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2020, 09:18:30 am »

B/M for 35+ years.  #189.   Got 5 games, 6 of 10 seats.  Not all my family can go now, but we understand and will rotate.  Moved to  6 bench seats in our 123 section.  Moved out of NEZ.  Understand and it is a tough situation for the foundation.  I think they are doing a great job considering all the circumstances and we get to have football.  Thank you.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2020, 07:06:06 pm »

4 seats in SEC Club
Donor since 2011, at lower end of Tush Hog ranking.

Requested 3 game package. Phone call offered upper deck on either side. I passed for this season, will donate some and take rest as refund. 
Next seasons order window will be here before we know it and Iíll return it then plus some.

The upper deck tickets are $50 per game and the SEC club tickets are $300 per game each. I would have taken that deal over being moved to the touchdown club for this season. Still would get a nice refund plus see some football....

Hamdsome 1

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2020, 07:11:14 pm »

All you guys claiming to have gotten hosed need to chill.  There's no easy way to accommodate everyone right now.  And they made it very clear that you might not be able to keep your seats.  The snobbery some of you are showing is embarrassing.

Those ďsnobsĒ are footing the bills this year and keeping the athletic department in the black. Check yourself.

ricepig

« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2020, 07:42:56 pm »

The upper deck tickets are $50 per game and the SEC club tickets are $300 per game each. I would have taken that deal over being moved to the touchdown club for this season. Still would get a nice refund plus see some football....

Talk about a snob, lol. You too good to sit with us in the Touchdown Club? Weíll keep our shoes on, unless itís 95 degrees.

BeaverHog

« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2020, 11:17:09 pm »

Those ďsnobsĒ are footing the bills this year and keeping the athletic department in the black. Check yourself.

You or anyone else are not keeping the athletic department in the black, hence the loan they took out.  Your money only buys so much. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 11:28:16 pm by BeaverHog »

ricepig

« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2020, 04:45:03 am »

You or anyone else are not keeping the athletic department in the black, hence the loan they took out.  Your money only buys so much. 

Georgia AD says they expect a $55M deficit in their athletic budget this year.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #159 on: September 12, 2020, 09:03:07 am »

Talk about a snob, lol. You too good to sit with us in the Touchdown Club? Weíll keep our shoes on, unless itís 95 degrees.

Haha! I am looking forward to a little more shade since Iíll be closer to the west side

Hawg2afault

• Varsity
« Reply #160 on: September 12, 2020, 10:24:13 am »

In a mask for 10 hours a day, we sent our tickets back, bought a huge system for outdoors, and plan on "tailgating" with our close friends.  Even going to make a sign for the driveway that says, "Parking $30" to make it more realistic!  Going to fire up grills and have an old couch on standby in case we need to burn it on the green.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2020, 12:20:53 pm »

UPDATE We are going to take our three games of two tickets.

We will shop for tickets to the other two but already making plans to tailgate in our backyard for the two games we don't have tickets for(at this moment).

HogPharmer

« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2020, 12:24:28 pm »

In a mask for 10 hours a day, we sent our tickets back, bought a huge system for outdoors, and plan on "tailgating" with our close friends.  Even going to make a sign for the driveway that says, "Parking $30" to make it more realistic!  Going to fire up grills and have an old couch on standby in case we need to burn it on the green.

You looking for any new close friends? Looks like a nice setup!

hobhog

« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2020, 02:25:52 pm »

3 games in EOC. Iím happy with it. Will go to other two most likely with friends who got all 5.

From watching games today it looks like will still be fun atmosphere even with limited crowd.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2020, 02:38:38 pm »

3 games in EOC. Iím happy with it. Will go to other two most likely with friends who got all 5.

From watching games today it looks like will still be fun atmosphere even with limited crowd.

I was a little surprised by the crowd at Kansas St vs Arkansas St. Home sideline looked pretty full and no social distancing

Bigmac2

• Senior
« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2020, 03:50:07 pm »

I am assuming I got my same seats. Only info was what section which is the same section I was in. I did request to go from 6 tickets to 4 which they happily did. Thought this would get me all the games by being benevolent. Only got the 3 game package which pissed me off because I consider myself one of the big wig donors. Since I am not considered a big wig donor I may have to consider what to do with my refund since evidently it seems they donít need me.

Not sure how you guys know what seats you have unless you ARE a big wig donor. It states ďseat location is subject to adjustment...Ē

ricepig

« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2020, 03:55:32 pm »

I am assuming I got my same seats. Only info was what section which is the same section I was in. I did request to go from 6 tickets to 4 which they happily did. Thought this would get me all the games by being benevolent. Only got the 3 game package which pissed me off because I consider myself one of the big wig donors. Since I am not considered a big wig donor I may have to consider what to do with my refund since evidently it seems they donít need me.

Not sure how you guys know what seats you have unless you ARE a big wig donor. It states ďseat location is subject to adjustment...Ē

Because the email said what section my tickets are in. I'll get the row and seat location this week.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #167 on: September 12, 2020, 04:10:11 pm »

Guess you are not the big wig you think you are... 😂
You should be more than happy with what you received considering some BM donors have posted they were moved and also got less seats...

Bigmac2

• Senior
« Reply #168 on: September 12, 2020, 04:22:45 pm »

Because the email said what section my tickets are in. I'll get the row and seat location this week.

Unfortunately mine did not list row much less seat number. Assuming they are my regular seats in S123. Sadly I was assuming GA was in the 3 game package. Of course you know what happens when you assume something. Guess Iíll have to wait until 10/17 to see the Hogs live. Hope those BM donors bring it for the GA game.

Oklahawg

• Resident Optimistic Pragmatist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Pop Music at It's Finest
« Reply #169 on: September 12, 2020, 04:38:58 pm »

You start toying with the numbers and you quickly realize that this is a logistical nightmare.

My bet is the biggest majority of the 31K season tickets sold, pre-pandemic, were requested.

My former supervisor's husband used to do ticket allocation for a Mountain West university. She said it was a nightmare. That was in "normal" times. This seems like something requiring some expertise "above and beyond."

ImHogginIt

« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2020, 01:11:24 pm »

Still got my same recliner and Vizio.

Me too.  :D

My old Vizio's in the living room and bedroom won't die. Sure would like to upgrade to a 70 inch in the living room

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Whole Hog half ham, Arkansas by damn.....!
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2020, 02:56:26 pm »

Welp, I haven't cussed til I peed in my Lay-Z-Boy yet this year, so I'd say I'm good.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • HOTTY TODDY...may I have another?
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2020, 12:57:47 pm »

I wanted the 3 middle games, but got the 2. I was going to find Georgia tickets no matter what, so this way, I won't have to spend time dealing with that right now. (That'll happen when Ole Miss comes to town.) I'm happy it's over and I'm in. And guess I'll see some of you in the upper southwest deck.

I suspect that there is some advanced math and computer spreadsheet programming involved.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2020, 09:15:49 am »

Talked to the ticket office about tickets from people that opted out after receiving the email. Said very few are not taking the package given to them so more than likely wonít be any additional tickets for sale.

RebelliousHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2020, 12:00:03 pm »

I guess I have to ask:

Since it was a lottery and you had a better than even chance not to get the seats of your choice, why are people bitching about the seat they got. "I'm not going since I didn't get what I wanted"  So you beat someone out for a seat that could have gone to someone who might have REALLY wanted to go, no matter the seat, which will go unsued.  I guess there's a method for unused seats.

hogfan98

• Agree to Disagree
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2020, 12:47:50 pm »

The shoe fits.  No need to check myself.

Cotton

• Weather Czar
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2020, 12:48:19 pm »

Me too.  :D

My old Vizio's in the living room and bedroom won't die. Sure would like to upgrade to a 70 inch in the living room
Same, my Vizio's have been around for ever.

I have a 32in Vizio 1080p that I got back in 2009 that is still going strong.  It's been dropped a few times and no issues. I use it for my xbox and secondary games in my living room... unless my wife is using the 55in above it.

hogfan98

• Agree to Disagree
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2020, 12:53:16 pm »

Heavy sigh...

ricepig

« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2020, 02:37:06 pm »

I guess I have to ask:

Since it was a lottery and you had a better than even chance not to get the seats of your choice, why are people bitching about the seat they got. "I'm not going since I didn't get what I wanted"  So you beat someone out for a seat that could have gone to someone who might have REALLY wanted to go, no matter the seat, which will go unsued.  I guess there's a method for unused seats.

A lottery would assume everyone has equal chances per ticket bought, this was based on your donation level, and your ranking in that level. So, those who have given the most, got first pick.

Sooie7

• Walk-On
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2020, 02:51:41 pm »

May have some sweet suite tickets for sell for any of you "highrollers" who felt like you got "hosed"....

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2020, 03:25:34 pm »

I might be willing to trade my pair of 2 game NEZ tickets ($1,200 face value total) for a pair of 5 game lower level tickets ($800 face value total)

BJJHog

• Senior
  • "The greatest hold is conditioning." Karl Gotch
« Reply #181 on: September 15, 2020, 05:45:43 pm »

We are passing this year for the first time in 20 years, just not a well thought out plan by the University. Making more people mad than they are happy.

This is typical of the University.  They are never loyal to their own.  I can say that since Uncle Bill donated the land for the University.  I paid for my degree and my son's from the U of A and Dad got his degree there.  We all agree the administrators at the University have sucked for a long time at taking care of rank and file fans, students, and alumni.  Also was a volunteer assistant when I was up there.  They have a thing or two to learn about relationship management.

hobhog

« Reply #182 on: September 15, 2020, 06:48:13 pm »

This is typical of the University.  They are never loyal to their own.  I can say that since Uncle Bill donated the land for the University.  I paid for my degree and my son's from the U of A and Dad got his degree there.  We all agree the administrators at the University have sucked for a long time at taking care of rank and file fans, students, and alumni.  Also was a volunteer assistant when I was up there.  They have a thing or two to learn about relationship management.

So you are a current donor and didnít get tickets? Or ones you thought you deserved?

hobhog

« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2020, 06:50:17 pm »

Someone posted earlier that box owners were not getting all their tickets in box and weíre getting some in stadium instead. The box owner I know got all 12 inside box.

ricepig

« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »

So you are a current donor and didnít get tickets? Or ones you thought you deserved?

Hell itís William McIlroyís nephew, although heís got to be long in the tooth since the university paid $12k for 160 acres for the land for the university in 1872?

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2020, 06:57:07 pm »

Tickets already on Stubhub for $700 each for Georgia in the upper deck 😂

ricepig

« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2020, 06:59:02 pm »

Tickets already on Stubhub for $700 each for Georgia in the upper deck 😂

Yeah, the emails hit the inbox about an hour ago.

hobhog

« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2020, 07:08:03 pm »

Put me in Row 6 of EOC. Canít see the big screens due to overhang but maybe thatís a good thing. Sasquatch thingies drive me nuts.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2020, 07:09:25 pm »

Yep, I got my two. I didnít think it would take long for people to start selling.

If people actually start paying those prices Iíll be watching from home and going on a cruise with my profits... 😂

ricepig

« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »

Put me in Row 6 of EOC. Canít see the big screens due to overhang but maybe thatís a good thing. Sasquatch thingies drive me nuts.

Yeah, I set there one game soon after they opened that addition. Looking at the TV wasnít my thing. I spent more time standing up leaning across those in front of me straining my neck to watch.

SWMrshogfan

• Band Nerd
« Reply #190 on: September 15, 2020, 07:25:54 pm »

Well,  we seem to take social distancing to a new high and I mean high. Section 500 top row 24 and and as far to the left that you can get for our 4 tickets for 3 game pkg. Been in section 102.

Havenít set this high up since college days. Hope my knees hold up since I had knee surgery 6 weeks ago. New motivation for PT. Ha.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #191 on: September 15, 2020, 07:27:15 pm »

The one year I had EOC we were in row 5. Not a bad seat for the game but you canít see the big screens.  Iíve sat all around the stadium. I miss the 1st row of Pig heaven on the west side 50 yard line the most...

hobhog

« Reply #192 on: September 15, 2020, 07:49:46 pm »

The one year I had EOC we were in row 5. Not a bad seat for the game but you canít see the big screens.  Iíve sat all around the stadium. I miss the 1st row of Pig heaven on the west side 50 yard line the most...

I normally have row 2 seats. Still covered and out of sun but can still hear the stadium sounds and crowd. Sat on row 5 years ago and didnít mind not seeing big screen but donít like how sound seems muffled. Guess row 6 sounds wonít be problem this year with no band and small crowd.  NO worries.

ricepig

« Reply #193 on: September 15, 2020, 07:59:42 pm »

I normally have row 2 seats. Still covered and out of sun but can still hear the stadium sounds and crowd. Sat on row 5 years ago and didnít mind not seeing big screen but donít like how sound seems muffled. Guess row 6 sounds wonít be problem this year with no band and small crowd.  NO worries.

Yep, just happy to get the opportunity to watch them play.

woopigdallas

« Reply #194 on: September 15, 2020, 08:04:28 pm »

Need 2 or 4 tickets to Georgia game. Prefer lower level .  Will take upper level .
Thanks
I live in Springdale
Please call 318-557-8082
Woopig!
🏈🐗🏈

Donnie Baker

« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2020, 08:22:27 pm »

Need 2 or 4 tickets to Georgia game. Prefer lower level .  Will take upper level .
Thanks
I live in Springdale
Please call 318-557-8082
Woopig!
🏈🐗🏈

Sounds like the market has been set. You got $1400 to sit in the sun in nosebleed? LOL

BJJHog

• Senior
  • "The greatest hold is conditioning." Karl Gotch
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2020, 08:57:07 pm »

Significant donor to athletics and academics and did not get tickets.  Not "in-country". 

hobhog

« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2020, 09:49:48 pm »

Significant donor to athletics and academics and did not get tickets.  Not "in-country".

ďIn-countryĒ? I dont understand.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2020, 10:29:25 pm »

I requested a full refund, so I will have front row seats from home

PP

BLS50

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2020, 12:30:44 am »

Very thankful.  Have four seats for Georgia and Alabama.  Looking forward to seeing our Hogs play soon.  The rest of the season will cheer them on from my Hog Room at the house. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas