• 10,286,965 Posts
• 418,363 Topics
• 24,955 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: How did you do in seats?  (Read 8713 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • White Rock Mountain Pavilion.
Re: How did you do in seats?
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2020, 08:45:39 am »

Not completely true.  Some programs have such weak season ticket sales that they are able to accommodate their fans, the visiting fans, the entire student section, and give away packets of comp tickets to local businesses for giveaway promotions.  Our 33k season tickets sold isn't very impressive but it was well above the capacity threshold.  There have been hopeful grumblings from fans of other SEC programs that as the season progresses that more seats might become available.  In all likelihood that will probably not happen but we can dream.

Ok. Maybe not all schools but certainly a LOT of them. But as stadiums get bigger they do so usually with a demand for more season tickets and single game tickets. Therefore some of those larger venues also have larger season ticket holder numbers and thus are in similar situations as us. But us and a lot more have had to do something to some season ticket holders to get a plan authorities can approve. Auburn for example has a bigger stadium and thus they also I bet have a bigger number of season ticket holders. They have announced only students can attend the first game and they have a plan for the other games to limit to 20% of capacity. There will be season ticket holders there that also will get mad. I've read where SEC schools have pretty much all announced attendance caps between 20 and 25%. It is irrational to complain and does no good.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:12:53 am by Inhogswetrust »

Cotton

« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2020, 08:46:25 am »

My first year of law school (1985) was the year we added the upper deck to Razorback Stadium. I used student loan money to buy season football tickets for the first time, and got two tickets in the [CENSORED] of Pig Heaven. Chair back seats. Absolutely loved them.
Trying really hard to figure out which word got censored here lol.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2020, 09:04:54 am »

You weren't the only one.

Hogcore

« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2020, 09:17:33 am »

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Retired Inimitable War Damn Mockingbird Uni Keeper
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2020, 09:43:14 am »

Best thing for this thread would be for everyone to start guessing. I figured it was a [CENSORED] comment.

ricepig

« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:16 am »

Lost all 4 NEZ seats.

You didn’t get any of the options?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2020, 09:44:17 am »

Lost all 4 NEZ seats.

Look on the bright side. With your refund you can now buy your kid that GI Joe with the King Fu grip for Christmas.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 03:20:09 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Cotton

« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2020, 09:46:40 am »

Best thing for this thread would be for everyone to start guessing. I figured it was a [CENSORED] comment.
You'll never guess what word was actually censored lol...

Your idea is much more fun though.

I used student loan money to buy season football tickets for the first time, and got two tickets in the Ham-hocks of Pig Heaven.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2020, 10:04:49 am »

You didn’t get any of the options?

I’ve heard of a couple now that didn’t get moved out of the NEZ and lost tickets but they are all people who purchased tickets without a donation.
Guess that makes since since all other areas in the stadium require a RF donation?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2020, 10:10:14 am »

I’ve heard of a couple now that didn’t get moved out of the NEZ and lost tickets but they are all people who purchased tickets without a donation.
Guess that makes since since all other areas in the stadium require a RF donation?

Not all areas require a donation, but most do.

kibster

« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2020, 10:41:18 am »

It would be nice to watch it from a barstool this go around.

What is stopping you?

GTOWNHOG

« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2020, 10:45:58 am »

Off topic but I'm glad they finally got the Stadium Drive construction done.

https://twitter.com/UATandP/status/1303753840982925312

A little bit narrower in areas if you are driving but it greatly improved the sidewalks.  No more grand canyon cracks along the east sidewalk.

It is nice and smooth (for now).  Looks great.  The U of A has made a lot of nice improvements around DWRRS.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2020, 10:57:18 am »

You'll never guess what word was actually censored lol...

Your idea is much more fun though.

Exactly the spirit and essentially Hogville Mad Libs.

I used student loan money to buy season football tickets for the first time, and got two tickets in the topless and assless leather chaps area of Pig Heaven.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2020, 10:58:06 am »

What is stopping you?

Maybe he has loose stools? ???

GTOWNHOG

« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2020, 10:59:04 am »

The 2020 season was my 46th consecutive season to buy season tickets for football.  I have also donated to the Broyles/Matthews Scholarship Fund and it's successor, the Razorback Foundation, Inc. for 46 consecutive years.  For the last 15 years, I have donated at the Silver level.

I requested 5 games, hoping to get 3.   They gave me 5 games in the Outdoor Club area where we have been sitting since the 2000 season.  I am very surprised, but I understand that the decisions were made based on lifetime giving to the foundation, the number of years that you have contributed and your rank within your level of giving.

Is this fair?  I don't know if it is or not.  However, it DOES reward those fans who have been loyal contributors to the football program as well as buying season tickets.

Hopefully, everyone will remember this in the 2021 season and (if the virus passes) we will have 78,000 fans in seats at DWRRS for every game.

There's an old saying:  You don't misss something until it is gone.

USChog

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2020, 11:00:08 am »

Every single person in the thread has been a season ticket holder since the womb. How did you expect them to accommodate all of you

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2020, 11:16:55 am »

The 2020 season was my 46th consecutive season to buy season tickets for football.  I have also donated to the Broyles/Matthews Scholarship Fund and it's successor, the Razorback Foundation, Inc. for 46 consecutive years.  For the last 15 years, I have donated at the Silver level.

I requested 5 games, hoping to get 3.   They gave me 5 games in the Outdoor Club area where we have been sitting since the 2000 season.  I am very surprised, but I understand that the decisions were made based on lifetime giving to the foundation, the number of years that you have contributed and your rank within your level of giving.

Is this fair?  I don't know if it is or not.  However, it DOES reward those fans who have been loyal contributors to the football program as well as buying season tickets.

Hopefully, everyone will remember this in the 2021 season and (if the virus passes) we will have 78,000 fans in seats at DWRRS for every game.

It was your 2020 donor level that kept you in your seats. I have a friend that is a first year donor at the BM silver level and they kept all their seats for all 5 games. I’ve been donating for over a decade at a lower RF level and I was bumped. I was hoping for better options but still think it’s fair. Larger current donors should get priority over someone “grandfathered” who is paying very little to the RF.

I won’t be surprised if they end up changing the season tickets renewals in the future to get everyone up to the current donor levels to maintain seats. They already ended the per seat minimum this year.

ricepig

« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2020, 11:31:09 am »

It was your 2020 donor level that kept you in your seats. I have a friend that is a first year donor at the BM silver level and they kept all their seats for all 5 games. I’ve been donating for over a decade at a lower RF level and I was bumped. I was hoping for better options but still think it’s fair. Larger current donors should get priority over someone “grandfathered” who is paying very little to the RF.

I won’t be surprised if they end up changing the season tickets renewals in the future to get everyone up to the current donor levels to maintain seats. They already ended the per seat minimum this year.

We’ll have to start winning and building up demand to make that change. They’re not going to make those ticket buyers mad in this era.

Donnie Baker

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2020, 12:45:23 pm »

Unaffected bystander's view here, but it's interesting to see these posts. Basically you have 31K people who have premium seats because they're season ticket holders. Most of those fans are being relocated to seats that the general public can buy. While the high level donors are getting their seats. My thoughts....at least your still in the dang stadium and the general public is just SOL.  So you're still better off. Enjoy it.

31to6

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2020, 12:57:28 pm »

Unaffected bystander's view here, but it's interesting to see these posts. Basically you have 31K people who have premium seats because they're season ticket holders. Most of those fans are being relocated to seats that the general public can buy. While the high level donors are getting their seats. My thoughts....at least your still in the dang stadium and the general public is just SOL.  So you're still better off. Enjoy it.
This is very true.

Also, I happen to think that the students are getting the shaft on this.

Even if it ended up costing me the seat/games I would not have been upset if they allocated more space to the students.

I have the rest of my life to be a fan and buy tickets.

But the actual students only have a few precious years to experience the full college life before job/wife/kids/debt/mortages/life and all that take over.

Donnie Baker

« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2020, 01:00:04 pm »

This is very true.

Also, I happen to think that the students are getting the shaft on this.

Even if it ended up costing me the seat/games I would not have been upset if they allocated more space to the students.

I have the rest of my life to be a fan and buy tickets.

But the actual students only have a few precious years to experience the full college life before job/wife/kids/debt/mortages/life and all that take over.

Not only allocating more to the students as a reward, but those are your "future" donors and season ticket holders.

pigz

« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2020, 01:01:08 pm »

I happen to think that the students are getting the shaft on this.

Yes

NWA Hog

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Class of ‘85
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »

I agree on the student angle. If this happened 1981 through 84, I would have been pissed.

However, I see this as a byproduct of a system that is built on donations and ticket costs, a part of “big-time” college athletics.

Would it be handled the same way in the Ivy League, if they were playing? At Arkansas Tech? At Rhodes College in Memphis? Maybe, but I doubt it, because at those places football and basketball are more likely to actually be for the students instead of the alumni.

Wasn’t that the way it was supposed to be?

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2020, 01:52:37 pm »

Maybe he has loose stools? ???

....and with “loose stools” you just hit 17,000 posts!

VidPig

« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »

40 year season tickets and 40 years of donations. (not bigtime $$ but very consistent)

I have had 2 seats in section 101 for many years.
My game package priority list was 5 - 3 - 2

I got the 3-game package with 2 seats in Section 503 (upper deck) and I am more than fine with it.  I will be there on game day as soon as they'll let me in!

GO HOGS!

peakhog

• Hogvillian
  • I have been to the mountain top!
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2020, 02:07:13 pm »

Toward the top of Tush Hog, 20 year donor, got bumped out of SEC Club.

ricepig

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2020, 02:32:12 pm »

Toward the top of Tush Hog, 20 year donor, got bumped out of SEC Club.

You going to have to slum it with us in the Touchdown Club?

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2020, 02:51:43 pm »

I’m towards the bottom of Tush Hog and was bumped from the SEC club to Touchdown club for the 2 game package.

I’m over the disappointment and looking forward to it. Frito Pie and Bud Light for all of us. Just wish I had more games!

ricepig

« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2020, 03:00:56 pm »

I’m towards the bottom of Tush Hog and was bumped from the SEC club to Touchdown club for the 2 game package.

I’m over the disappointment and looking forward to it. Frito Pie and Bud Light for all of us. Just wish I had more games!
And hey, we get mixed drinks this year, if you’re so inclined! It would have been doubles the last two years, if they had been available.

peakhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2020, 05:14:52 pm »

That was not a choice. I got NO tickets!

ricepig

« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2020, 06:02:08 pm »

Wow, I figured pretty much everyone in the NEZ got tickets, especially if they donated anything.

peakhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2020, 06:08:31 pm »

Wow, I figured pretty much everyone in the NEZ got tickets, especially if they donated anything.
Really screwy stuff going on with ticket allocations. I emailed my contact at the RF on Monday for some clarification. Not a word. Found out today that my father who has never donated to RF still got seats in upper east side.

ricepig

« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2020, 06:13:03 pm »

Really screwy stuff going on with ticket allocations. I emailed my contact at the RF on Monday for some clarification. Not a word. Found out today that my father who has never donated to RF still got seats in upper east side.

Yeah, I’d give him/them a call for sure.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2020, 06:37:24 pm »

....and with “loose stools” you just hit 17,000 posts!

Seems fitting....loosely.

Cruising hog fan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2020, 06:43:06 pm »

What package did you ask for? I wanted all 5 games but only got the 2 games. Something definitely seems off. Let us know what you find out

pghawg1

« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:02 pm »

Is the ticket office done sending out emails to fans or will it go thru Friday, anybody know?

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Formerly posting as Snout Says
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2020, 07:58:28 pm »

I think it's pretty damn arrogant to think your too good to sit in the upper deck.
Could be someone in my group has issues with heights

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2020, 08:02:31 pm »

Happy for you.  Well deserved.

BeaverHog

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2020, 08:07:12 pm »

Could be someone in my group has issues with heights

That’s legit. First year I had season ticket was section 507 second to last row. Didn’t like it at first in the nose bleeds but after a while I loved it. There’s space at the back to stand  and move and hang out with others. Moved to 107 after a few and it was better yes as far as fame and game experience but I still wouldn’t hate to watch Georgia and Tennessee this fall in our home stadium.

Porked Tongue

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2020, 08:09:31 pm »

Off topic but I'm glad they finally got the Stadium Drive construction done.

https://twitter.com/UATandP/status/1303753840982925312

A little bit narrower in areas if you are driving but it greatly improved the sidewalks.  No more grand canyon cracks along the east sidewalk.

Cut through here the other day.  Nice view.........

HogPharmer

« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2020, 08:12:54 pm »

I think it's pretty damn arrogant to think your too good to sit in the upper deck.

Is it arrogant for Tom Brady to not want to fly coach?

BeaverHog

« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2020, 08:23:58 pm »

Is it arrogant for Tom Brady to not want to fly coach?

If there’s a limit in jets and seating to get in the door abso freakin lutely. In these times, the amount of whining by the first class ticket holders is kind of shameful.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2020, 10:10:28 pm »

If there’s a limit in jets and seating to get in the door abso freakin lutely. In these times, the amount of whining by the first class ticket holders is kind of shameful.

Well, they shouldn’t have trouble finding a hotel room this year. 😉

BeaverHog

« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2020, 10:18:26 pm »

Yep, that’s terrible. All nwa and the country will feel Covid.

BeaverHog

« Reply #144 on: September 10, 2020, 10:23:00 pm »

Nwa almost lost embassy suites and still might. There was a huge storm that required 2 million in damage fixes. 

1HourToHogville

« Reply #145 on: September 10, 2020, 10:40:30 pm »

4 seats in SEC Club
Donor since 2011, at lower end of Tush Hog ranking.

Requested 3 game package. Phone call offered upper deck on either side. I passed for this season, will donate some and take rest as refund. 
Next seasons order window will be here before we know it and I’ll return it then plus some. 

BeaverHog

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2020, 10:59:49 pm »

Can I have your tickets? 

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2020, 12:10:41 am »

Still got my same recliner and Vizio.

So cool.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2020, 05:37:05 am »

Nwa almost lost embassy suites and still might. There was a huge storm that required 2 million in damage fixes. 

Yeah, the storm was last fall. Hit them pretty hard. Then the pandemic.

MissippHog

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2020, 06:23:45 am »

The seat was the easy part, the admission to the living room and control of the TV is the costly part.

Confession: I have 2 TVs in my living room.
I've been relegated to the game room.  Now, there's a 60" tv in there with a 40" tv on each side of it so I'm not complaining. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas