• 10,921,850 Posts
• 424,832 Topics
• 24,851 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Justin Turner Bowling Green Guard  (Read 1664 times)

Big Daddy

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hugo!!
Justin Turner Bowling Green Guard
« on: June 29, 2020, 07:55:59 am »

« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:42:57 am by Big Daddy »

Stephen Hawgking

Re: Justin Turner Bowling Green Guard
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 08:54:41 am »

Guess that tells us what IJoe is planning

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 09:00:42 am »

And somebody else?

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 09:01:27 am »

Door isn't closed yet. Could mean someone currently on the team could be looking around but not yet announced.

je100

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 09:15:27 am »

Page deleted. 

Heckuva good get, if true.

Stephen Hawgking

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:51 am »

I saw the article before it got deleted

thehill1414

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 09:32:04 am »

Yea it has been deleted, looks like RD pressed "publish" too soon? I hate that this could mean we lose Joe, but what a replacement this would be if that happens.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 09:36:49 am »

Yea it has been deleted, looks like RD pressed "publish" too soon? I hate that this could mean we lose Joe, but what a replacement this would be if that happens.

Losing Joe and Jones would be too much to keep my optimism at an optimal level. 42% from the field doesnít wow me and I doubt that number improves with a serious step up in competition.

Lulu Hog

• Hogvillian
  • JD, How bout them HOGS!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 09:37:40 am »

Interesting.  He had announced a couple months ago that he was staying put at Bowling Green. 

Dantztime

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 09:48:48 am »

Door isn't closed yet. Could mean someone currently on the team could be looking around but not yet announced.

If i remember correctly, it was the depth that scared him off from arkansas (the unknown of Joe and Jones). If the rumors are true, then I would presume Joe is gone

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:53 am »

Things are coming together. I see it like this: Isaiah Joe crushed his interviews and will probably be drafted in the first round.  Muss said, hey joes not coming back, turner commits.  RD got the timing off.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 10:39:30 am »

Things are coming together. I see it like this: Isaiah Joe crushed his interviews and will probably be drafted in the first round.  Muss said, hey joes not coming back, turner commits.  RD got the timing off.

Probably this.

DenaoStyle

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 12:07:04 pm »

Assuming this is legit

What a wild ride this roster turnover has been.  Somebody tells you three months ago we're gonna lose Joe and Jones, your initial reaction is "There goes next year, classic Arkansas."  Yet, here we are...with a roster capable of accomplishing more than we've seen in 25 years.

Far cry from the offseason when we lost Portis, Qualls, and Williams.  We just shrugged and said, "Welp, what can you do?"  Turns out, a lot.  Excuses are just that.

Big Daddy

• Hugo!!
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 12:14:50 pm »

Assuming this is legit

What a wild ride this roster turnover has been.  Somebody tells you three months ago we're gonna lose Joe and Jones, your initial reaction is "There goes next year, classic Arkansas."  Yet, here we are...with a roster capable of accomplishing more than we've seen in 25 years.

It might not mean much but the article was up for a good long while earlier this morning. I doubt Richard would post anything he hadn't 100% confirmed. He is very careful about that.

Far cry from the offseason when we lost Portis, Qualls, and Williams.  We just shrugged and said, "Welp, what can you do?"  Turns out, a lot.  Excuses are just that.

Smithian

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 12:15:33 pm »

Is it possible Richard Davenport posted an article he had prepped a couple months back? A quick search shows Justin Turner doing BGSU interviews in the past couple days. This doesn't seem a real possibility.

Also, a scoop this big would probably come through Kevin McPherson. Other reporters have posted rumors first, but it is pretty easy to realize McPherson is first with big news like this once it is official.

hogfan14

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2020, 12:18:04 pm »

The end of the article said something like "should Mason Jones decide to remain in the draft".

Seems like it was put together a few months ago in case Turner picked us and somehow accidentally got posted today.

DenaoStyle

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »

Is it possible Richard Davenport posted an article he had prepped a couple months back? A quick search shows Justin Turner doing BGSU interviews in the past couple days. This doesn't seem a real possibility.

Also, a scoop this big would probably come through Kevin McPherson. Other reporters have posted rumors first, but it is pretty easy to realize McPherson is first with big news like this once it is official.

Could be.  Would be a really weird screw up.  Not sure if he saves articles he doesn't publish or not.

Stephen Hawgking

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2020, 12:31:28 pm »

Yea, the article seemed a little strange, like it was from a few months ago. 

Dantztime

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2020, 12:58:57 pm »

It's interesting to me that nobody in-the-know has come out and said this isn't true, though

DenaoStyle

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2020, 01:00:21 pm »

It's interesting to me that nobody in-the-know has come out and said this isn't true, though

Yep, I've been surfing other boards to find a mention of the article.  Nothing.

Big Daddy

• Hugo!!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 01:48:08 pm »

Here's a snip of what's still out there on the WWW

[WholeHogSports - Hogs land high-scoring grad transfer guard
Search domain www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/jun/29/hogs-land-high-scoring-grad-transfer-guard/https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/jun/29/hogs-land-high-scoring-grad-transfer-guard/
Arkansas has landed what many have called one of the best available graduate transfers in guard Justin Turner. Turner, 6-4, 205 pounds, was a two-time first team All-MAC selection at Bowling Green ...][img]

DenaoStyle

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2020, 02:00:10 pm »

Here's a snip of what's still out there on the WWW

[WholeHogSports - Hogs land high-scoring grad transfer guard
Search domain www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/jun/29/hogs-land-high-scoring-grad-transfer-guard/https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/jun/29/hogs-land-high-scoring-grad-transfer-guard/
Arkansas has landed what many have called one of the best available graduate transfers in guard Justin Turner. Turner, 6-4, 205 pounds, was a two-time first team All-MAC selection at Bowling Green ...][img]

Huh.

Well, old or new, sounds like the guy would like to play here if it makes sense. 

Stephen Hawgking

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2020, 04:59:36 pm »

Iíd really interested to hear what happened, lol

Hawg Red

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 05:13:03 pm »

Sounds like it was a pre-prepped story from back before Turner decided to return to BGSU and Jones decided to close the door on returning to Arkansas, thus the delete.

Big Daddy

• Hugo!!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 05:43:30 pm »

Never the less at one time he committed to come here. That's a good thing.

Hawg Red

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2020, 05:45:47 pm »

Never the less at one time he committed to come here. That's a good thing.

No. Writers will write-up the body of a story, in this case, likely giving background on the player and the Hogs' roster situation, and then add in quotes as soon as they get them. I didn't see the story, but I bet it lacked quotes from Turner on actually committing.

hogfan14

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 06:23:39 pm »

No. Writers will write-up the body of a story, in this case, likely giving background on the player and the Hogs' roster situation, and then add in quotes as soon as they get them. I didn't see the story, but I bet it lacked quotes from Turner on actually committing.

This. Itís why youíll see a story 5 seconds after a commitment happens, gotta have it written just in case.

Smithian

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 07:14:55 pm »

Huh.

Well, old or new, sounds like the guy would like to play here if it makes sense. 
That is definitely a generic, ready to go article. Bet someone at Whole Hog was deleting drafts and hit wrong button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas