• 10,921,850 Posts
• 424,832 Topics
• 24,851 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After being locked down since March 8th  (Read 52 times)

husker71

After being locked down since March 8th
« on: June 27, 2020, 04:54:34 am »

I am watching wrestling from late 50s, 60s and early 70s  and have some questions for some old timers like me.  #1 when did foreign wrestlers from Japan and Russia and Germany become good guys??  I cannot find any where they were the good guys especially the Japanese ones.   I think every territory had at least one from the orient (Portland seemed to have more)  but unless I missed some I cannot find one babyface.  The only thing I can find is when they tag teamed with a favorite but even then they used the old tactic of switching sides and the announcers even called it Pearl Harboring the favorite. #2 how much did you pay to go to the matches then.  In my town for under 12 I think it was .50 but I was wondering in the bigger cities.  #3  autographs   those guys would stand in the corner for a couple of minutes before the match and sign autographs and am wondering when that ended.  We had a match in our town in the 60s between the Original Sheik and Mad Dog Vachon (they beat up referee Ernie Dusek)  but before the matches the cops told all us kids stay away no autographs for this one.   Thanks   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas