• 10,955,695 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jaquaylin Crawford transferring to Arkansas from OU  (Read 5093 times)

Bubba's Bruisers

Re: Jaquaylin Crawford transferring to Arkansas from OU
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 06:20:15 pm »

Talented kid.  Probably legit speed and quickness.  Welcome aboard.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

UnknownNobody

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My dog barks some...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 06:35:58 pm »

Great pickup...kid is undersized but has great speed.

imtad16

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 06:59:50 pm »

He is gonna terrorize the SEC from the slot and on special teams. His speed and quickness will make the league cuss when trying to get him down for two years. Just a big get.

flagstaffhog

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 07:33:18 pm »

Go HOGS Go!

imtad16

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:22:54 pm »

A little OU practice video. It looks like he has difference-making speed.

https://twitter.com/KingCrawford_/status/1207748642368577536

Nosboar Accubond

• All-American Hogvillian
  • High-tech Redneck
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 09:48:30 pm »

Nice!

Wildhog

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 09:50:57 pm »

Really wanted him a few years ago.  Nice to add a legit burner to the group.

King Kong

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 09:53:52 pm »

A quick and fast slot guy is a prefect compliment to Burks Knox and Henry

Stepp has had success with Smaller quick players like Quinn and Proche

1highhog

• The Undefeated!
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 10:19:34 pm »

He has to sit a year, correct?

onebadrubi

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 10:23:28 pm »

He has to sit a year, correct?

Article I read said yes.   Can play 21 season

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 10:26:01 pm »

turn and burn. the speed we have needed for a long time . we have it in several players now

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2020, 07:25:55 am »

Justin Steppe is one of the best recruiters in the country....

marshog

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2020, 08:10:24 am »

Why didnít it work out at OU for him?

King Kong

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 08:26:03 am »

The class before him had 2 first round draft picks Lamb and Brown. A third Rambo will probably be drafted. So his Freshman season he was behind them.

Then OU 2019 class OU signed 3 5 star WRs and they moved him to CB

Embarrassment of riches

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2020, 08:42:59 am »

in talking to a recruit in Oklahoma , He tells me that Arkansas can do much better in Oklahoma , he says Oklahoma is snubbing some of the states better players as a back up plan and that Gundy is joke
and can't be taken serious . I think this kid will be a future hog , he loves this staff so far if we can keep it together

zebradynasty

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:24 am »

Looks very quick and has the speed. OU seemed to liked him at the X wr spot more than the slot. But with the talent they've had at receivers the last few years that means nothing. Bottom line we needed more speed and quickness on both sides of the ball and this kid checks both boxes!

DenaoStyle

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2020, 01:30:11 pm »

He is gonna terrorize the SEC from the slot and on special teams. His speed and quickness will make the league cuss when trying to get him down for two years. Just a big get.

Terrorize the SEC might be a bit much.  Excited to have the guy and I'm sure he'll provide depth and make some plays but if he were capable of terrorizing the SEC, he wouldn't be leaving OU.

imtad16

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2020, 02:52:24 pm »

Terrorize the SEC might be a bit much.  Excited to have the guy and I'm sure he'll provide depth and make some plays but if he were capable of terrorizing the SEC, he wouldn't be leaving OU.

Ok, yes terrorize is a lofty expectation, but terrorize or not I think ends up doing a lot of damage in the SEC and makes OU regret moving him to DB. He didn't leave because he couldn't get on the field on offese, but because roster numbers were dictating his move before he could have enough time to make his case at WR. OU had a glut of WR and decided to move him to help the numbers. He was behind Brown, Lamb, and Rambo during his true freshman and RS FR seasons while OU also brought in 5-stars Jadon Haselwood and Theo Wease along with near 5-star Trajen Bridges in the 2019 class. I don't think they moved him because he lacked the speed and playmaking ability. Crawford was a RS FR that was classified as an athlete and also a really good CB in high school. I think the possibility is there to terrorize at slot and on returns. I doubt OU wanted him to leave. He just wanted to play on offense and they wanted him on D because you aren't moving 2 5 stars or a 4 star that have never played CB.

Paul

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2020, 06:00:53 pm »

Seems like weíre doing well getting kids out of OK who wanna play O that they want on D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:47:21 pm by Paul »

247Hog

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 06:05:21 pm »

Great news! Welcome Jaquaylin.

imtad16

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 07:09:47 pm »

Seems like weíre doing well getting kids out ok OK who wanna play O that they want on D

Yeah, interesting both he and Green at the same time. We need to keep forcing OU's hand in Oklahoma like this.

daprospecta

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 08:38:31 pm »

A little OU practice video. It looks like he has difference-making speed.

https://twitter.com/KingCrawford_/status/1207748642368577536
Those cuts were just nasty! Glad we got him.

prattville pig

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 05:25:14 am »

Huge get!!!

imtad16

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 09:57:18 pm »

RJ likes the move. I like RJ. I appreciate the respect he has for the hogs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjkKFxjc6dc

imtad16

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2020, 07:11:34 am »

Just like a lot of players, students............for whatever reason they decide to go elsewhere.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2020, 07:15:55 am »

in talking to a recruit in Oklahoma , He tells me that Arkansas can do much better in Oklahoma , he says Oklahoma is snubbing some of the states better players as a back up plan and that Gundy is joke
and can't be taken serious . I think this kid will be a future hog , he loves this staff so far if we can keep it together

Well he was originally from tejas. That being said I think this staff will make a much bigger push in Oklahoma. Especially in the Tulsa metro area.

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 10:41:37 am »

You either have speed or you're chasing it...

please don't throw things at me

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 11:07:34 am »

You either have speed or you're chasing it...

please don't throw things at me

The only intelligent thing he ever said

Hogtimes

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 11:36:20 am »

No disrespect intended, but he didn't terrorize the Big12,  but  you think he will terrorize the SEC?  Not sure I understand that logic,

Hawgphat

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:43 am »

It's rather difficult for a player to "terrorize the opposition" when that player is not on the field of play.

King Kong

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2020, 01:33:37 pm »

No disrespect intended, but he didn't terrorize the Big12,  but  you think he will terrorize the SEC?  Not sure I understand that logic,

Well, you are talking about a kid that was behind 2 first round picks his first season and then OU brought in 3 5 star Wr over him. Hard to completely write him off for not producing behind the elite of the elite.

Terrorize maybe a bit hyperbolic, but this kid could have an Proche/Adams type impact

imtad16

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2020, 11:25:45 pm »

Well earlier in the thread I did back off that statement a little. I was a little juiced when the transfer was announced. I do however believe that kind of potential is there.

Don't knock him because of what he wasn't able to do at OU though. As King Kong mentioned there was a big big glut of WR between Brown, Lamb, Rambo, Haselwood, Weese, and Bridges during his true freshman and redshirt freshman years. While at the same time the defensive backfield lacked depth so they took the guy who was classified as an ATH in high school (and pretty good DB) to the defensive side of the ball in his RS FR season. He left OU because he wants the ball in his hands and he didn't get that shot due to the combo of 1st rounders in front of him and the depth at WR/CB in his short time there.

I think we could see a Joe Adams type of impact and Joe gave the SEC a hard time. He is probably about the same speed and maybe even a little quicker. Sure we could be getting a guy that never goes on to live up to his high school hype, but we sure haven't had a lot of Jaquayln Crawfords at Arkansas.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2020, 08:12:40 am »

Im glad we got Crawford. can never have to many athletes with very solid potential. But he will be coming into a team that will have a 3 year starter and 2 two year starters.. lets pump the brakes and realize we dont have a receiver room of scrubs..lol

I hope he has a Joe Adams type impact for us... but those kind of guys just arent very common..

zebradynasty

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2020, 09:06:30 am »

Back during the Petrino era we had a lot of weapons on the field at the same time. Looks like that's where we are headed now. Not sure we have the QB that can distribute the ball around like that but if this kid is what we thought he was coming out of high school be hard to keep him off the field. Even with what we have here already.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 09:46:42 am »

Back during the Petrino era we had a lot of weapons on the field at the same time. Looks like that's where we are headed now. Not sure we have the QB that can distribute the ball around like that but if this kid is what we thought he was coming out of high school be hard to keep him off the field. Even with what we have here already.
Cant wait for those days again!!!

zebradynasty

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2020, 12:26:56 pm »

I am confident that if Briles has the weapons he'll know what to do with them! Haven't been able to say that about our OC position in years! 

UnknownNobody

• My dog barks some...
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2020, 12:35:25 pm »

I am confident that if Briles has the weapons he'll know what to do with them! Haven't been able to say that about our OC position in years!

Right! Briles Offense scored 50pts and rolled up 700 yrds of offense in a bowl game with a converted WR playing QB after the four QBís on the roster went down with injury.

He was working with the WR on how to take snaps during pre-game warmups.

hawgmasta

• I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2020, 12:39:57 pm »

Yup! Iím so excited to bring Crawford in the fold. We already have lots of talent but Ď21 we are going to be freaking stacked!

In 2021 hopefully the pandemic is completely under control. Woods a senior, Burks and Knox and Crawford Juniors. Turner a sophomore unless he redshirts. Also the new guys Stepp brings in and we all know heís turning into one of the best wideout recruiters in the country. WPS!

UnknownNobody

• My dog barks some...

hogfan14

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2020, 01:27:37 pm »

Im glad we got Crawford. can never have to many athletes with very solid potential. But he will be coming into a team that will have a 3 year starter and 2 two year starters.. lets pump the brakes and realize we dont have a receiver room of scrubs..lol

I hope he has a Joe Adams type impact for us... but those kind of guys just arent very common..

I think he'll be able to at least step right in to De'Vion Warren's role and be a KR/4th or 5th WR. Should be a nice battle with him, Jackson, Turner and Nash for the first WR off the bench. That's not even including our signees for '21.

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2020, 01:41:34 pm »

This is a great primer on the Briles Offense.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/11/7/5073520/baylor-football-offense-art-briles-2013

On the outside, speed is king. Baylor sends every receiver vertical early and often in every game.

Good to have lots of depth at WR, which I believe we now have.

When the Bears get their offense humming they love to go fast, snapping the ball within 15 seconds of the whistle.

Again, depth is key. Briles will be licking his chops with all the weapons.

Thanks to the tremendous speed of their three featured offensive players, all of their concepts can turn into touchdowns if the defense makes a mistake.

Speed!

everything Baylor does is built around spacing out defenses so that individual matchups can be hammered.

Probably the shortest and sweetest description of Briles offense, though it's not just a spread

Most of their plays are packaged together, so that Petty is making quick reads of individual defensive players after most snaps. Suffice to say, he almost always makes the defense wrong with his choices.

and my favorite sentence of that article. If Franks can make good choices, the sky is the limit. Basically a pick your poison type of offense

Thanks for the link Unknown

liljo

imtad16

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2020, 08:00:56 pm »

Right! Briles Offense scored 50pts and rolled up 700 yrds of offense in a bowl game with a converted WR playing QB after the four QBís on the roster went down with injury.

He was working with the WR on how to take snaps during pre-game warmups.

I'm so hungry for something to be proud of again. Even if it's having a really good feared offense and we are winning 7 or 8 games. I'll take that. I just want to be respected on at least one side of the ball and an offense like that would be a blast to be able to boast.

UnknownNobody

• My dog barks some...
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 08:33:45 pm »

I'm so hungry for something to be proud of again. Even if it's having a really good feared offense and we are winning 7 or 8 games. I'll take that. I just want to be respected on at least one side of the ball and an offense like that would be a blast to be able to boast.

Agreed...we have to be respected again before we become feared and once we win games and earn respect watch our recruiting explode.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2020, 01:32:54 pm »

the Key is we must have speed at the outside Wr spot for it to work . Crawford is one of those guys . Do we have enough speed at wr this season to fit ? that is yet to be seen . losing the practice time really hurts Franks and the WR's timing

WOOPIGDOOIE

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2020, 02:54:26 pm »

the Key is we must have speed at the outside Wr spot for it to work . Crawford is one of those guys . Do we have enough speed at wr this season to fit ? that is yet to be seen . losing the practice time really hurts Franks and the WR's timing

Franks and the WRs have been getting plenty of time together outside of campus. Once practice starts it will be just fine tuning things. They have been learning the playbook since Briles got here.

FATHAWG08

• Hogvillian
  • I hate every bone in her body but mine!
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2020, 09:23:49 pm »

He looks like a handful in the slot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas