• 10,955,745 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UA recruiting notebook: '21 4* James White picks up Hog offer, plus more updates  (Read 3987 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

UPDATE / EDIT (1:54 a.m. CT, Wednesday, July 1) ...

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- It was a busy couple of weeks for new 2021 Arkansas target James White as he interacted with Razorbacks coaches leading up to a scholarship offer on Tuesday.

White (6-5 guard, Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga., composite national No. 98 / 4-star prospect) had his first virtual meeting with Arkansas coaches on June 17, and he said his second Zoom meeting with the UA staff on Tuesday included an offer from head coach Eric Musselman.

"Very excited," White said on Tuesday. "(Would be) honored to be able to play for such a good program and coach."

White reportedly also holds offers from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Creighton among others.

He talked about a timeframe for a decision and signing his letter of intent.

"Donít have a date set right now," White said. "Shouldnít be too far out."

Holding an impressive offer list from high-major programs, White said he's not in a position to name favorites or single out programs that might be recruiting him the hardest.

"Not at the moment," he said.

White said he averaged 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.2 steals per game as a junior in 2019-20.

* 2022 Arkansas offer and composite national No. 13 / 5-star prospect Lee Dort (6-10, 240, center, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas) has been contacted by Arkansas coaches since June 15, according to a source.

* 2022 Arkansas target and composite national No. 11 / 5-star prospect Brandon Miller (6-6 small forward, Cane Ridge in Tennessee) -- he picked up his Hog offer in mid-May -- had a virtual tour with Arkansas coaches on Monday, according to a source.

* 2021 Arkansas target Kaleb Washington (6-8 small forward, Pebblebrook in Mableton, Ga., national No. 115 / 4-star prospect according to 247Sports.com) -- he picked up his Hog offer in August 2019 -- had a virtual tour with Arkansas coaches on Monday, according to a source.

* 2021 Tre Carroll (6-7 combo forward, Punta Gorda, Fla., national No. 75 / 4-star prospect according to 247Sports.com) on Saturday confirmed that he is receiving recruiting interest from Arkansas.

For more on Arkansas' recent high school prospect recruiting, read my Hoop Hogs recruiting notebook below that was published on Thursday, June 18, 2020 ...

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Class of 2022 prospect Kiante Williams of Texas has ties to Arkansas, and apparently his recent surge into ESPN's national Top 50 recruiting rankings did not go unnoticed by Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman.

Williams (6-8 small forward, Estacado High School in Lubbock, Texas, ESPN national No. 45 / 4-star prospect) said he heard from the Head Hog on Monday, the first day that college coaches could have direct contact with class of 2022 prospects.

"(Musselman is) excited to be recruiting me, and he loves how I play," said Williams, who played his 2019 spring and summer grassroots basketball with Arkansas-based Next Page Force.

Asked what his interest level in Arkansas is at this time, Williams offered a unique answer.

"(Scale of) 1-10, an 8," he said.

Williams -- he's now part of Dallas-based Drive Nation on the Nike EYBL circuit, which cancelled it's season due to the coronavirus pandemic -- shared a lengthy list of schools that have started showing significant interest in him: Arkansas, Kansas, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, New Mexico, Rice, Air Force, and Sam Houston.

He said his versatility stands out to college coaches.

"Can do it all -- dribble, shoot, everything," Williams said.

* Arkansas staff casts wide net with 2022 prospects beginning June 15: In addition to contacting all five of their in-state 2022 offers at the stroke of midnight on Monday (you can read all about that in the linked Hogville.net story published earlier this week ... https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=715218.0), Razorbacks coaches reached out to juniors-to-be all over the country.

That includes three recruits who a source said received scholarship offers from the Hogs early in the week -- Caleb Houstan (6-8 small forward / wing, Montverde Academy, composite national No. 5 / 5-star prospect); Barry Dunning (6-6 wing, McGill-Toolen Catholic High School in Alabama, composite national No. 31 / 4-star prospect); and Gregg Glenn III (6-6 forward, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., composite national No. 36 / 4-star prospect).

Two recruits confirmed they heard directly from Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman on Monday: Arkansas offer Prince Aligbe (6-6 SF, Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis, Minn., composite national No. 58 / 4-star prospect) and Colin Smith (6-7 forward, Dallas St. Mark's).

Aidan Shaw (6-7 small forward, Blue Valley High School in Kansas, composite national No. 51 / 4-star prospect) said Arkansas coaches initially texted him on Monday with a planned conversation to follow.

Fray Nguimbi (6-8 forward, West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Fla.) said that Arkansas assistant coach Corey Williams contacted him on Monday.

A source confirmed Arkansas reached out to Dariq Whitehead (6-5 guard, Montverde Academy in Florida, composite national No. 14 / 5-star prospect) on Monday.

Arkansas reportedly also contacted: Jarace Walker (6-6 small forward, IMG Academy in Florida, composite national No. 8 / 5-star prospect), who told Hogville.net on Monday that he already held an Arkansas offer although several outlets reported he received that offer on Monday; Arkansas offers Ramel Lloyd, Jr. (6-6 small forward / wing, Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Calif., composite national No. 70 / 4-star prospect) and Mark Mitchell (6-7 forward, Bishop Miege in Kansas, composite national No. 19 / 5-star prospect); Jaden Bradley (6-2 point guard, IMG Academy in Florida, composite national No. 9 / 5-star prospect); Jasen Green (6-7 forward, Millard North in Omaha, Neb.); Christian Watson (6-2 point guard, Long Beach Poly); and Dasonte Bowen (6-3 point guard, Worcester, Mass., Academy, ESPN national No. 58 / 4-star prospect).

* Hog coaches host virtual meeting with 2021 recruit: Arkansas coaches had a Zoom meeting Wednesday with 2021 4-star prospect James White. White is a 6-5 shooting guard at Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga. He reportedly holds offers from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Creighton among others.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:04:13 am by Kevin McPherson »

Kevin McPherson

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- It was a busy couple of weeks for new 2021 Arkansas target James White as he interacted with Razorbacks coaches leading up to a scholarship offer on Tuesday.

White (6-5 guard, Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga., composite national No. 98 / 4-star prospect) had his first virtual meeting with Arkansas coaches on June 17, and he said his second Zoom meeting with the UA staff on Tuesday included an offer from head coach Eric Musselman.

"Very excited," White said on Tuesday. "(Would be) honored to be able to play for such a good program and coach."

White reportedly also holds offers from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Creighton among others.

Holding an impressive offer list from high-major programs, White said he's not in a position to name favorites or single out programs that might be recruiting him the hardest.

White said he averaged 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 2.2 steals per game as a junior in 2019-20.

* 2022 Arkansas offer and composite national No. 13 / 5-star prospect Lee Dort (6-10, 240, center, Greenhill School, Addison, Texas) has been contacted by Arkansas coaches since June 15, according to a source.

* 2022 Arkansas target and composite national No. 11 / 5-star prospect Brandon Miller (6-6 small forward, Cane Ridge in Tennessee) -- he picked up his Hog offer in mid-May -- had a virtual tour with Arkansas coaches on Monday, according to a source.

* 2021 Arkansas target Kaleb Washington (6-8 small forward, Pebblebrook in Mableton, Ga., national No. 115 / 4-star prospect according to 247Sports.com) -- he picked up his Hog offer in August 2019 -- had a virtual tour with Arkansas coaches on Monday, according to a source.

* 2021 Tre Carroll (6-7 combo forward, Punta Gorda, Fla., national No. 75 / 4-star prospect according to 247Sports.com) on Saturday confirmed that he is receiving recruiting interest from Arkansas.

For more on Arkansas' recent high school prospect recruiting, read my Hoop Hogs recruiting notebook below that was published on Thursday, June 18, 2020 ...

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Class of 2022 prospect Kiante Williams of Texas has ties to Arkansas, and apparently his recent surge into ESPN's national Top 50 recruiting rankings did not go unnoticed by Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman.

Williams (6-8 small forward, Estacado High School in Lubbock, Texas, ESPN national No. 45 / 4-star prospect) said he heard from the Head Hog on Monday, the first day that college coaches could have direct contact with class of 2022 prospects.

"(Musselman is) excited to be recruiting me, and he loves how I play," said Williams, who played his 2019 spring and summer grassroots basketball with Arkansas-based Next Page Force.

Asked what his interest level in Arkansas is at this time, Williams offered a unique answer.

"(Scale of) 1-10, an 8," he said.

Williams -- he's now part of Dallas-based Drive Nation on the Nike EYBL circuit, which cancelled it's season due to the coronavirus pandemic -- shared a lengthy list of schools that have started showing significant interest in him: Arkansas, Kansas, Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, New Mexico, Rice, Air Force, and Sam Houston.

He said his versatility stands out to college coaches.

"Can do it all -- dribble, shoot, everything," Williams said.

* Arkansas staff casts wide net with 2022 prospects beginning June 15: In addition to contacting all five of their in-state 2022 offers at the stroke of midnight on Monday (you can read all about that in the linked Hogville.net story published earlier this week ... https://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=715218.0), Razorbacks coaches reached out to juniors-to-be all over the country.

That includes three recruits who a source said received scholarship offers from the Hogs early in the week -- Caleb Houstan (6-8 small forward / wing, Montverde Academy, composite national No. 5 / 5-star prospect); Barry Dunning (6-6 wing, McGill-Toolen Catholic High School in Alabama, composite national No. 31 / 4-star prospect); and Gregg Glenn III (6-6 forward, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., composite national No. 36 / 4-star prospect).

Two recruits confirmed they heard directly from Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman on Monday: Arkansas offer Prince Aligbe (6-6 SF, Minnehaha Academy in Minneapolis, Minn., composite national No. 58 / 4-star prospect) and Colin Smith (6-7 forward, Dallas St. Mark's).

Aidan Shaw (6-7 small forward, Blue Valley High School in Kansas, composite national No. 51 / 4-star prospect) said Arkansas coaches initially texted him on Monday with a planned conversation to follow.

Fray Nguimbi (6-8 forward, West Oaks Academy in Orlando, Fla.) said that Arkansas assistant coach Corey Williams contacted him on Monday.

A source confirmed Arkansas reached out to Dariq Whitehead (6-5 guard, Montverde Academy in Florida, composite national No. 14 / 5-star prospect) on Monday.

Arkansas reportedly also contacted: Jarace Walker (6-6 small forward, IMG Academy in Florida, composite national No. 8 / 5-star prospect), who told Hogville.net on Monday that he already held an Arkansas offer although several outlets reported he received that offer on Monday; Arkansas offers Ramel Lloyd, Jr. (6-6 small forward / wing, Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Calif., composite national No. 70 / 4-star prospect) and Mark Mitchell (6-7 forward, Bishop Miege in Kansas, composite national No. 19 / 5-star prospect); Jaden Bradley (6-2 point guard, IMG Academy in Florida, composite national No. 9 / 5-star prospect); Jasen Green (6-7 forward, Millard North in Omaha, Neb.); Christian Watson (6-2 point guard, Long Beach Poly); and Dasonte Bowen (6-3 point guard, Worcester, Mass., Academy, ESPN national No. 58 / 4-star prospect).

* Hog coaches host virtual meeting with 2021 recruit: Arkansas coaches had a Zoom meeting Wednesday with 2021 4-star prospect James White. White is a 6-5 shooting guard at Heritage High School in Conyers, Ga. He reportedly holds offers from Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Arizona State, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and Creighton among others.

Discussion thread ...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 02:10:04 am by Kevin McPherson »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Arkamedes

#8? #9? #14?  ;D  Iím not saying weíre going to land commitments from all these guys but Iíd be lying if I didnít admit itís exciting to see our coaches go for this many 5 Stars. Heck, I think my eyes are starting to tear up! Itís been so long...

I may have to start wearing adult diapers just in case one of them commits. WooPig!

Cavosea1

#8? #9? #14?  ;D  Iím not saying weíre going to land commitments from all these guys but Iíd be lying if I didnít admit itís exciting to see our coaches go for this many 5 Stars. Heck, I think my eyes are starting to tear up! Itís been so long...

I may have to start wearing adult diapers just in case one of them commits. WooPig!

Agree!!!! 

Paul

All things being equal one would think that it'll be hard to get Williams out of Lubbock but I hope his family are reasonable people & wanna get outta that hellhole 

FATHAWG08

• Hogvillian
  • I hate every bone in her body but mine!

All things being equal one would think that it'll be hard to get Williams out of Lubbock but I hope his family are reasonable people & wanna get outta that hellhole
We are going to have improve on his scale of 1-10. I don't think we have a chance if he is giving us an 8, but it's early.

k.c.hawg

We are going to have improve on his scale of 1-10. I don't think we have a chance if he is giving us an 8, but it's early.

Considering the last one Beard got out of Lubbock became Big 12 player of the year and the #6 pick in the draft I would consider it a monumental upset if anyone gets this kid out of Lubbock.

Paul

Considering the last one Beard got out of Lubbock became Big 12 player of the year and the #6 pick in the draft I would consider it a monumental upset if anyone gets this kid out of Lubbock.
True but if I were Muss Iíd make a point that Culver, though he has a ton of potential, was a bit of a disappointment compared to other top picks & that Mussís NBA chops will better prepare him for the next level .

HogsFan6920

• Walk-On
Top 60 Sophomore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 08:39:44 am »

Kevin McPherson

Re: Top 60 Sophomore
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 04:19:26 pm »

This is new name. Colin Smith, has big offers https://sidelinesports.report/2020/06/22/four-star-colin-smith-talks-recruitment/

Not a new name, I've tweeted about him and had a note about Arkansas coaches contacting him last week in my June 18 story published here on Hogville.net ...

Merging this thread into the UA recruiting notebook discussion thread ...

Kevin McPherson

Just added to OP ...

By Kevin McPherson

Kevin McPherson

2021 Arkansas offer & Nat'l Top 100 / 4* James White @jwdub05 (6-5 G, Conyers, GA) has included the Hogs in his Top 12 schools ... White dropped his list today (Sunday, July 12), which is his birthday ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1282377290668744704?s=20
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas