• 10,958,014 Posts
• 425,802 Topics
• 24,875 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If Tiz The Law wins the Belmont easily...  (Read 814 times)

HogFanInBryant

If Tiz The Law wins the Belmont easily...
« on: June 14, 2020, 10:38:54 pm »

Would you run him again before the Kentucky Derby in September?  I am far from an expert horseman...but I'd say yes you pretty much have to keep him sharp!  I'd no doubt time it for 3 to 4 weeks before the first Saturday in September.
Thoughts?

jbcarol

Re: If Tiz The Law wins the Belmont easily...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:51:53 am »

Belmont Stakes 2020 updated odds: Bettors back Tiz the Law

Belmont Stakes updated odds: Favorite at even money
The live odds for Saturday's Belmont Stakes at 9 a.m. CDT Saturday.
al.com

Tiz the Law is an even-money favorite in the pari-mutuel odds at 9 a.m. CDT Saturday for the 2020 Belmont Stakes.

The only Grade 1 stakes winner in the field for the Triple Crown race, Tiz the Law was established as a 6-5 morning-line favorite and was at 6-5 in live betting one hour ago.

Saturday’s early wagering on the Belmont Stakes had the live odds for several horses in flux over the past 60 minutes.

Tap It to Win is now alone as the second favorite at 9-2 after being 5-1 at 8 a.m, odds he shared with Dr Post, who is now at 8-1.

In other changes in the New York Racing Association’s posted odds over the past hour, Sole Volante went from 12-1 to 9-1, Max Player from 13-1 to 11-1, Modernist from 21-1 to 19-1, Farmington Road from 7-1 to 10-1, Fore Left from 28-1 to 17-1, Jungle Runner from 22-1 to 21-1 and Pneumatic from 12-1 to 17-1.

Post time for the 152nd Belmont Stakes is scheduled for 4:42 p.m. CDT Saturday. NBC Sports will televise the 1.125-mile race.

The post positions and betting odds at 9 a.m. Saturday for the 2020 Belmont Stakes include:

1. Tap It to Win 9-2

2. Sole Volante 9-1

3. Max Player 11-1

4. Modernist 19-1

5. Farmington Road 10-1

6. Fore Left 17-1

7. Jungle Runner 21-1

8. Tiz the Law 1-1

9. Dr Post 8-1

10. Pneumatic 17-1

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:02:17 am »

Clay IV: It shouldn’t be Belmont Stakes Day

You have to be disappointed in the strength of Saturday’s field. Reduced to a shorter distance (1 mile and an 1/8 instead of a mile-and-a-half), the Belmont seemed set to draw heavy hitters. Bad luck intervened. The undefeated Nadal suffered a condylar fracture. The undefeated Charlatan was pulled from the Derby trail because of filling in his ankle. Maxfield opted for the Blue Grass at Keeneland, only to suffer another injury. Others are waiting for the Blue Grass Stakes on July 11 and the Haskell on July 18.

That leaves Tiz the Law as the clear Belmont favorite. Our Ben Roberts picked the Florida Derby winner to prevail in his Belmont handicapping post. I can’t disagree. Runner-up is the question. Ben went with Dr Post, trained by Todd Pletcher. I’m going with Modernist, trained by Bill Mott.

Side note: Saratoga announced its stakes schedule Friday. The Travers Stakes is being moved from Aug. 29, a week before the Derby, to August 9.

jbcarol

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 10:06:00 am »

Saratoga Schedule Features 39 Stakes

Tiz the Law Expected in Travers?

New York Racing Association put one of the final Kentucky Derby Trail pieces in place on Friday, releasing its Saratoga Race Course summer stakes schedule. It puts the Grade 1 Travers Stakes on Saturday, Aug. 8, four weeks before the Kentucky Derby.

That date conveniently fits Tiz the Law’s schedule, meaning you’ll likely see the 6/5 Belmont Stakes favorite in the Saratoga starting gate. Jack Knowlton, the managing partner of Tiz the Law’s Sackatoga Stables ownership group, told Bloodhorse the early August date gives his star charge the perfect amount of time between the Belmont and the Kentucky Derby.

“We’re excited and hoping that Tiz the Law can stay healthy and run in the Travers, which is the race we had the most regrets about missing with Funny Cide because he got sick beforehand. We plotted out this course long ago, going back to after he won the Champagne Stakes. Obviously the order changed, but the Travers has always been one of the races we would point for if Tiz the Law could take us there.”

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 04:32:13 pm »

The undercard races have been awful.  Big favorites, small fields.  Not sure why?

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 04:50:46 pm »

Never a doubt. Flat smoked em down the stretch

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 04:59:43 pm »

Never a doubt. Flat smoked em down the stretch

He is legit and if he wins the TC I hate that some will question it.  The time he just ran was ridiculous!  He is special!

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Nothing better than Art Fern's Tea Time Movie
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 08:24:22 pm »

He is legit and if he wins the TC I hate that some will question it.  The time he just ran was ridiculous!  He is special!
Tiz The Law's grandsires are Tapit and Tiznow.  Tapit had pure talent and  Tiznow ran with more guts than any horse these eye's have seen. Barring injury, mark down yet another Triple Crown superstar.

ghostzapper

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »

Will be interesting to see if Baffert runs his filly in Derby.

Here’s something I am going to bet was a first today:  a La-bred won a G1 stake ar Belmont

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 09:53:56 pm »

Saratoga Schedule Features 39 Stakes

Tiz the Law Expected in Travers?

I'm not sure I'd run him in the Travers since it is 1.25 miles.  I'd look for another spot honestly at a shorter distance just to keep him on point.

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2020, 09:58:40 pm »

Will be interesting to see if Baffert runs his filly in Derby.

Here’s something I am going to bet was a first today:  a La-bred won a G1 stake ar Belmont

There is a lot of time between now and then, but I can't imagine him not wanting to put her in the Preakness after what she did today at a mile.  So much time from now til Sept and Oct...who knows?

ghostzapper

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 05:46:02 am »

BSFs from yesterday:  Belmont 100, Acorn 110

ghostzapper

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Nothing better than Art Fern's Tea Time Movie
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 09:15:05 am »

BSFs from yesterday:  Belmont 100, Acorn 110
isn't that the same trainer who ruined Nadal, Charlatan is on the shelf, Arrogate is dead at age 7...Sorry but the guy is as crooked as a fat cotton mouth sunning himself in the weeds. He wins, obviously but his horses break down at an alarming rate.

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 02:32:04 pm »

Looks like Tiz is a priority to run in the Travers over the Kentucky Derby. 

kingoftherapids

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 04:13:19 pm »

Looks like Tiz is a priority to run in the Travers over the Kentucky Derby. 
he is going to use the travers as a kentucky derby prep.

ghostzapper

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 06:28:00 pm »

isn't that the same trainer who ruined Nadal, Charlatan is on the shelf, Arrogate is dead at age 7...Sorry but the guy is as crooked as a fat cotton mouth sunning himself in the weeds. He wins, obviously but his horses break down at an alarming rate.

I’d refer you to the thread I started about this and offer you as Exhibit A.

HogFanInBryant

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 10:26:46 pm »

he is going to use the travers as a kentucky derby prep.

So now we will see if Saratoga will cave to the request from CD that the Travers be a different distance than the KD.  Not saying it has happened yet, but I feel like this request will happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas