• 10,955,747 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8/1/20 update: Harrison Ingram names Top 6, Hogs did NOT make the cut ...  (Read 8271 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

8/1/20 update: Harrison Ingram names Top 6, Hogs did NOT make the cut ... Harvard, Howard, North Carolina, Stanford, Purdue, and Michigan did.

UPDATE / EDIT (3:51 p.m. CT, Thursday, June 18, 2020) ...
By Keving McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Just over a month ago versatile 5-star point-forward Harrison Ingram included the Arkansas Razorbacks in his Top 10 schools, and on Thursday he confirmed that his contact with Hog coaches is heating up and that he could be a month away from trimming his list.

"Talked to Arkansas coaches about everyday last week!" Ingram said.

Ingram (6-7, Dallas St. Mark's, composite national No. 15 prospect) released his pared-down list of schools via Instagram Live interview on May 11. He's down to Arkansas, Baylor, Stanford, Purdue, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Memphis.

Ingram shared his thoughts about when he'll trim his list down again.

"Probably not anytime soon, at least a month," Ingram said. "Nothing has really changed since I dropped my list. Arkansas's right in there, all my teams are. Will try to take it to 5 or 6 teams, then make a commitment later."

Ingram said his recent conversations with Arkansas coaches have been productive.

"We kind of talked about how they (Hog coaches) would use me on the court," he said. "Off the court, they talked about their business school."

Harrison is a long-time recruit of Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman, he has ties to assistant coach Corey Williams, and he was on Arkansas' campus last summer sandwiched between Hog coaches going on the road to see him play grassroots basketball as well as paying him visits in Dallas at St. Mark's and to watch his high school games.

"The connections with the coaching staff and the family feel made me feel at home on my visit (in August 2019), and I love the NBA based offense," Ingram said on May 11 of the positives that helped Arkansas land in his Top 10.

The top-ranked player in Texas in his class, Ingram averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC state championship.

For more on Ingram and his recruitment, including game highlights, read my stories below that were recently published here at Hogville.net ...

UPDATE / EDIT (6:07 p.m. CT, Monday, May 11, 2020) ...
By Keving McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- As expected, 2021 Arkansas offer and 5-star prospect Harrison Ingram named the Hogs as part of his Top 10 schools on Monday.

Ingram (6-7 point forward, Dallas St. Mark's, composite national No. 17 / 5-star prospect) released his pared-down list via Instagram Live interview Monday with ESPN recruiting analyst Paul Biancardi. He's down to Arkansas, Baylor, Stanford, Purdue, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Memphis.

"The connections with the coaching staff and the family feel made me feel at home on my visit, and I love the NBA based offense," Ingram said Monday of the positives that helped Arkansas land in his Top 10.

The top-ranked player in Texas in his class, Ingram has ties to Arkansas's coaching staff and players, and he unofficially visited Arkansas last August. He averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC state championship.

For more on Ingram and his recruitment, including game highlights, read my story below that was recently published here at Hogville.net ...

From Thursday, May 7, 2020 ...

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Arkansas head coach Eric Musselman has been recruiting versatile 2021 forward Harrison Ingram for months, and the 5-star prospect on Thursday confirmed that he'll announce his Top 10 schools on Monday.

"Yes sir," Ingram said about his plans to trim a long list of high-major suitors down on May 11.

Ingram (6-7 point forward, Dalls St. Mark's, composite national No. 17 / 5-star prospect) is arguably the top player in the state of Texas. He took an unofficial visit to Arkansas in August, and Hog coaches had been to see him several times in Dallas last fall, including Musselman.

Ingram holds offers from the Hogs, North Carolina, Stanford, Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor, Tennessee, Purdue, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Florida, Florida State, Marquette, Georgetown, Illinois, Texas A&M, Houston, Ole Miss, TCU, SMU, and Vanderbilt among others.

Ingram had planned to return to Fayetteville for the Arkansas-Kentucky game on Saturday, Jan. 18, but had to cancel due to the possibility of playing a rescheduled high school game on that same Saturday in Dallas.

Asked again in late April -- obviously this was after the NCAA instituted what has become an indefinite recruiting dead period due to the covid-19 pandemic -- Ingram said he would not be adding any more virtual tours/visits with any schools any time soon.

"I'm not doing any more until after I cut my list, if any," he said on April 21. "There's no need to for Arkansas because I've already seen the campus and talk to the coaches everyday."

Ingram has several Arkansas ties. He attends the same school (St. Mark's) that Musselman's sister's children attend, he and his Dad have a long-time relationship with Arkansas assistant coach Corey Williams, and there are family ties with former Hog Mason Jones as well.

Ingram averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC championship.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 10:50:41 am by Kevin McPherson »

Kevin McPherson

By Keving McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Just over a month ago versatile 5-star point-forward Harrison Ingram included the Arkansas Razorbacks in his Top 10 schools, and on Thursday he confirmed that his contact with Hog coaches is heating up and that he could be a month away from trimming his list.

Ingram (6-7, Dallas St. Mark's, composite national No. 15 prospect) released his pared-down list of schools via Instagram Live interview on May 11. He's down to Arkansas, Baylor, Stanford, Purdue, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Memphis.

"Probably not anytime soon, at least a month," Ingram said. "Nothing has really changed since I dropped my list. Arkansas's right in there, all my teams are. Will try to take it to 5 or 6 teams, then make a commitment later."

Ingram said his recent conversations with Arkansas coaches have been productive.

"We kind of talked about how they (Hog coaches) would use me on the court," he said. "Off the court, they talked about their business school."

Harrison is a long-time recruit of Razorbacks head coach Eric Musselman, he has ties to assistant coach Corey Williams, and he was on Arkansas' campus last summer sandwiched between Hog coaches going on the road to see him play grassroots basketball as well as paying him visits in Dallas at St. Mark's and to watch his high school games.

"The connections with the coaching staff and the family feel made me feel at home on my visit (in August 2019), and I love the NBA based offense," Ingram said on May 11 of the positives that helped Arkansas land in his Top 10.

The top-ranked player in Texas in his class, Ingram averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC state championship.

For more on Ingram and his recruitment, including game highlights, read my stories below that were recently published here at Hogville.net ...

UPDATE / EDIT (6:07 p.m. CT, Monday, May 11, 2020) ...
By Keving McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- As expected, 2021 Arkansas offer and 5-star prospect Harrison Ingram named the Hogs as part of his Top 10 schools on Monday.

Ingram (6-7 point forward, Dalls St. Mark's, composite national No. 17 / 5-star prospect) released his pared-down list via Instagram Live interview Monday with ESPN recruiting analyst Paul Biancardi. He's down to Arkansas, Baylor, Stanford, Purdue, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Memphis.

"The connections with the coaching staff and the family feel made me feel at home on my visit, and I love the NBA based offense," Ingram said Monday of the positives that helped Arkansas land in his Top 10.

Arguably the top player in Texas, Ingram has ties to Arkansas's coaching staff and players, and he unofficially visited Arkansas last August. He averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC state championship.

For more on Ingram and his recruitment, including game highlights, read my story below that was recently published here at Hogville.net ...

From Thursday, May 7, 2020 ...

By Kevin McPherson

LITTLE ROCK -- Arkansas head coach Eric Musselman has been recruiting versatile 2021 forward Harrison Ingram for months, and the 5-star prospect on Thursday confirmed that he'll announce his Top 10 schools on Monday.

"Yes sir," Ingram said about his plans to trim a long list of high-major suitors down on May 11.

Ingram (6-7 point forward, Dalls St. Mark's, composite national No. 17 / 5-star prospect) is arguably the top player in the state of Texas. He took an unofficial visit to Arkansas in August, and Hog coaches had been to see him several times in Dallas last fall, including Musselman.

Ingram holds offers from the Hogs, North Carolina, Stanford, Kansas, Memphis, UCLA, Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor, Tennessee, Purdue, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Florida, Florida State, Marquette, Georgetown, Illinois, Texas A&M, Houston, Ole Miss, TCU, SMU, and Vanderbilt among others.

Ingram had planned to return to Fayetteville for the Arkansas-Kentucky game on Saturday, Jan. 18, but had to cancel due to the possibility of playing a rescheduled high school game on that same Saturday in Dallas.

Asked again in late April -- obviously this was after the NCAA instituted what has become an indefinite recruiting dead period due to the covid-19 pandemic -- Ingram said he would not be adding any more virtual tours/visits with any schools any time soon.

"I'm not doing any more until after I cut my list, if any," he said on April 21. "There's no need to for Arkansas because I've already seen the campus and talk to the coaches everyday."

Ingram has several Arkansas ties. He attends the same school (St. Mark's) that Musselman's sister's children attend, he and his Dad have a long-time relationship with Arkansas assistant coach Corey Williams, and there are family ties with former Hog Mason Jones as well.

Ingram averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC championship.

Discussion thread ...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:11:29 pm by Kevin McPherson »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogBeliever625

• Varsity

Discussion thread ...
Really donít see us as having a chance here

Arkamedes

Wow...Not exactly what I expected! Is there a HogNONbeliever who would like to chime in here?  ;)

oldhawg

Just curious, what do you base your opinion on?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian

He went from 1 to more than 10?  Kids ::)

cardinalhawg

I would be very surprised if the Hogs did not make the Top 10 for Ingram since I consider them a decent contender for his services.

Hog in Iowa

• Varsity
  • Now coming to you live from McKinney, TX.

I hope we make the top 10.  Harrison, if you read this can you let us know when you plan to announce the top 9?  I want to be sure to mark my calendar.

Gotdatwood

• Senior

I hope we make the top 10.  Harrison, if you read this can you let us know when you plan to announce the top 9?  I want to be sure to mark my calendar.

It goes top 10,9,7,3,commitment, decommitment, new top 10,9,7,3, final commitment.

Tough to keep up with these days.

dawn2tusk

• Varsity

He seems like a kid thatís enjoying the spotlight. Very active on social media. Who knows where he ends up. Without a doubt would be a big add to what we already have.

HogCzar1

Probably perception. I know one recruiting site had him nearly committed to Stanford, and others have him very interested in Purdue and the blue bloods. But, Muss has some connections with him I heard so who knows?

Hogkiller

• Bench Warmer

Probably bases his opinion on the fact the we arenít in his Top 5.  Yes we are in his Top 10 which is impressive but a commitment from him is a long shot at best.  I thought we were stronger with him till I read the Rivals report where he almost committed to Purdue.  Consensus is itís a battle between Stanford and Purdue.  Donít understand Purdue but he is a 17 year old.  5 other schools are ranked ahead of us also.  If Muss could pull this off it would be nothing short of a miracle.  Hate it but there you have it.  Langston Love is a better shot at getting a 5 Star with his ex-teammate being at Arkansas  (Moses Moody)

Hawg Red

Probably bases his opinion on the fact the we arenít in his Top 5.  Yes we are in his Top 10 which is impressive but a commitment from him is a long shot at best.  I thought we were stronger with him till I read the Rivals report where he almost committed to Purdue.  Consensus is itís a battle between Stanford and Purdue.  Donít understand Purdue but he is a 17 year old.  5 other schools are ranked ahead of us also.  If Muss could pull this off it would be nothing short of a miracle.  Hate it but there you have it.  Langston Love is a better shot at getting a 5 Star with his ex-teammate being at Arkansas  (Moses Moody)

Hmm.

You don't get it with Purdue, huh? Why would a kid be attracted to a schools that's been to the the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 the last 3 NCAA tournaments? A program that has only missed the NCAA tournament 3 times since 2006. Yeah, not sure why he'd want to go there and play for Matt Painter.

SeldomHere

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • | LZH likes this Swede |

Hmm.

You don't get it with Purdue, huh? Why would a kid be attracted to a schools that's been to the the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 the last 3 NCAA tournaments? A program that has only missed the NCAA tournament 3 times since 2006. Yeah, not sure why he'd want to go there and play for Matt Painter.

LOL. Painter was high on the wish list for some on here. I would not have been disappointed if we had snagged him.

Smithian

LOL. Painter was high on the wish list for some on here. I would not have been disappointed if we had snagged him.
Remember when Missouri fans assumed he would replace Mike Anderson and were taunting Razorback fans?

That was fun.

HogBeliever625

• Varsity

Exactly. While I would love to have him, itís not make or break. Absolutely love the direction of the program, but donít think this one is going to happen

rzrbackramsfan

Remember when Missouri fans assumed he would replace Mike Anderson and were taunting Razorback fans?

That was fun.

They thought their fallback was Greg Marshall. 

Hogkiller

• Bench Warmer

Hmm.

Yes Painter is a good Coach.  And Purdue is a good school.  But if you have EVER lived in Indiana you would know that Purdue might be the 4 rated sports team in that state.  3rd rated College team behind Notre Dame and Indiana.  The Hoosiers could go 15-15 year in and year out and still have WAY more fans than Purdue.  And Notre Dame up there is in another stratosphere above Purdue.  Their facilities donít compare to anything compared to Arkansas.  And before Muss is through you wonít want Painter over him.

SeldomHere

Yes Painter is a good Coach.  And Purdue is a good school.  But if you have EVER lived in Indiana you would know that Purdue might be the 4 rated sports team in that state.  3rd rated College team behind Notre Dame and Indiana.  The Hoosiers could go 15-15 year in and year out and still have WAY more fans than Purdue.  And Notre Dame up there is in another stratosphere above Purdue.  Their facilities donít compare to anything compared to Arkansas.  And before Muss is through you wonít want Painter over him.

I don't really know if Painter was in the mix but the search got some other coaches some raises and in my opinion we got tuned down/used until we got the right coach. But, we can't know how Painter would have turned out. It's moot anyway.

Hawg Red

Who says I want Painter over him now?

And I really don't know that it matters to every kid that they go to the #1 school in a state when there are multiple high-major programs in that state. They are likely focused primarily on their development. And looking at their listed attendance from last year, where they were actually 16-15 when the season was stopped, they were getting nearly 15k every game at home. I think BWA is bigger than their arena, so we certainly had games with more fans that than, but 15k/game is going to tell a young player that this school has a great fanbase, even if it is the 3rd best in the state, like you say.

SeldomHere

We really need some televised sports soon.

I know I do. LOL

Heck, I watch a Korean baseball game. It was not bad.
They be way to polite with the hit batters though.

Kevin McPherson

Just added to OP ...

By Keving McPherson

Ingram (6-7 point forward, Dalls St. Mark's, composite national No. 17 / 5-star prospect) released his pared-down list via Instagram Live interview Monday with ESPN recruiting analyst Paul Biancardi. He's down to Arkansas, Baylor, Stanford, Purdue, North Carolina, Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and Memphis.

Arguably the top player in Texas, Ingram has ties to Arkansas's coaching staff and players, and he unofficially visited Arkansas last August. He averaged 20 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists in 2019-20 on a St. Mark's team that finished 29-4 en route to winning the SPC state championship.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 06:37:57 pm by Kevin McPherson »

hogfan14

Weíre the only home uniform - good sign? Lol

hogfan14

Paul Biancardi did an Instagram live with him tonight. Seems like a smart kid. The Walton College of Business got a shoutout toward the end.

nuttless hog

If it comes down to business school, basketball, and distance, I think we have chance

HognitiveDissonance

Wow...Not exactly what I expected! Is there a HogNONbeliever who would like to chime in here?  ;)
Then I saw his list
Now I'm a believer...

dawn2tusk

• Varsity

Just watched another Instagram interview with him. Seems like Stanford is the favorite. Isa Silva is his close friend.  Also mentioned how nice the weather is.

Dantztime

Just watched another Instagram interview with him. Seems like Stanford is the favorite. Isa Silva is his close friend.  Also mentioned how nice the weather is.

Stanford's recruiting is impressive lately

Hogkiller

• Bench Warmer

Itís 50% Stanford 30% Purdue 20% Undecided.  Poster hit it on the head Isa Silva will probably win out.  Sources out there say he has been a silent commit for 6 months or more.  Kid is also an excellent student.  Donít see us getting in Top 5 and a visit.

Kevin McPherson

Just added to the OP ...

By Keving McPherson

rzrbackramsfan

Never have I felt like recruiting was in such great hands. Like, I actually feel good about our chances with Ingram, the top player in Texas, wow.

Edit: now I feel terrible about recruiting, raise the alarms, weíll never get a 5* with muss.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:30:17 pm by rzrbackramsfan »

Kevin McPherson

I'm sure most of you saw this on Saturday, but ICYMI, Harrison Ingram released his Top 6 schools and the Hogs were not in the mix ... Harvard, Howard, Michigan, Purdue, Stanford and UNC.

davril98

Howard?

FineAsSwine

Harvard is the least likely destination. Maybe he can hire a Harvard lawyers and accountants to count his money. Lol. This kid is going to get paid megabucks in a couple years.

Hawg Red

Howard?

We are seeing a push by these young players to feign interest in going to HBCUs. We'll see if a top prospect actually goes to one.

EDIT: Just saw 5-star recruit Makur Maker is withdrawing from the draft to go to Howard. So maybe we will see a trend now.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:10:06 pm by Hawg Red »

Stephen Hawgking

We are seeing a push by these young players to feign interest in going to HBCUs. We'll see if a top prospect actually goes to one.

EDIT: Just saw 5-star recruit Makur Maker is withdrawing from the draft to go to Howard. So maybe we will see a trend now.

Makur Makur committed to Howard.  First 5 star to do it since Iíve been paying attention.

https://247sports.com/Player/Makur-Maker-45572967/

Edit:  I didnít see your edit

rzrbackramsfan

I wonder if heíll start.

Sucks about Harrison lol. 

HogBeliever625

• Varsity

Lol look who was right🤣🤣

davril98

and the current head coach is 4-29 at Howard?

King Kong

Came with a strong a offer

davril98

Apparently

SeldomHere

May turn that around in one season....

TrueBlue

• West Palm Beach baby!

Makur Makur committed to Howard.  First 5 star to do it since Iíve been paying attention.

https://247sports.com/Player/Makur-Maker-45572967/

Edit:  I didnít see your edit

Wants to inflate stats against very inferior opponents apparently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas