• 10,957,996 Posts
• 425,802 Topics
• 24,875 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 41 million  (Read 1644 times)

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
41 million
« on: May 03, 2020, 02:03:56 am »

Handle yesterday.

husker71

Re: 41 million
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 03:16:19 am »

what was the record before this year??  I know there was 19 million bet last week right??

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 05:13:32 am »

what was the record before this year??  I know there was 19 million bet last week right??

I don't think I had ever seen anything over 16M before and that was a great derby day.

kingoftherapids

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:42:22 am »

16 million as the record for any day going into this meet and that was a rebel day last year when there was a split.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:55:19 pm by kingoftherapids »

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 12:37:38 pm »

Will be interesting to see if any of the handle carries over to next year.  Bettors like certain tracks and there was clearly a lot of extra money being bet into all the pools.  SOme of that money will come back as some bettors I am sure had some good winners.

kingoftherapids

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 03:01:10 pm »

I think it all depends on the economy. a lot of the money i think is not just coming from racetrack gamblers. the sports gamblers have been getting involved because it is all they have now

husker71

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 04:28:09 pm »

hey up until last week you could bet on basketball from Taiwan I heard.  Cant imagine what Hot Springs was like during this.  I remember the days of waiting to get a table at Coys for dinner or the pancake house for breakfast and the hotels being sold out   

kingoftherapids

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 11:51:28 pm »

hey up until last week you could bet on basketball from Taiwan I heard.  Cant imagine what Hot Springs was like during this.  I remember the days of waiting to get a table at Coys for dinner or the pancake house for breakfast and the hotels being sold out   
it's absolutely bizarre to be honest with you. this is our busy time of year and the hotels here are about 10 percent at most on the weekends. for garland county to only have 117 positives with no deaths and only 12 active cases currently is remarkable. with so many people having second homes here and coming here to quarantine at their lake homes and mtn biking, i would have thought this would have been a hot bed for this covid stuff. *knocks on wood*       

hotels are supposed to not be accepting anybody from out of state. well, i was hanging with Chantal Sutherland and she was here with corey lanerie while he was riding and they had no issue getting a room at an unnamed hotel. people are taking anybody they can get to stay open. if all of the restaurants survive, i'll be amazed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas