• 10,955,743 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slocum and Mason vs Tolefree, Doumbia and Golden  (Read 406 times)

PittOdomBriles

Slocum and Mason vs Tolefree, Doumbia and Golden
« on: May 01, 2020, 09:24:10 am »

Not counting incoming Fr just ones with college experience.  Is our team better now with the former or the latter?  Obviously i would have loved for Doumbia and Golden to stay and we could have made the numbers work for that to happen. 

Hogtired10

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Slocum and Mason vs Tolefree, Doumbia and Golden
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 02:33:58 pm »

We gained more of scoring punch with Slocum coming in and Mason coming back. Slocum is known for her defense as well as her offense. So I do believe we lose nothing by Doumbia and Golden leaving but gain with the addition of Slocum and Mason. In this case Tolfree doesn't count because we would have lost her anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 02:40:32 pm »

you have to count Eaton in the mix as she will get at least 20 minutes a game - more than Rokia or AT would have gotten.  She is not your typical freshman.

Hogfan_14

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 03:30:36 pm »

you have to count Eaton in the mix as she will get at least 20 minutes a game - more than Rokia or AT would have gotten.  She is not your typical freshman.

Agreed.  This next team, particularly the backcourt, are a level above where were this year. (or at least should be)

I feel like a lot of people are forgetting how incredibly valuable Mason is to the team (and that historic SEC Tourney Run a year ago) outside of just point production.  And if she's gotten even better offensively, as CMN says, then look out!  Really excited to see what Eaton brings and how quickly she can adjust.  We've watched Slocum play at the highest level for top programs for 4 years (3 actively), so her impact/production should be expected.

logic

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 03:48:25 pm »

Not counting incoming Fr just ones with college experience.  Is our team better now with the former or the latter?  Obviously i would have loved for Doumbia and Golden to stay and we could have made the numbers work for that to happen. 
If Tolefree was allowed another year, it might be a tossup.  However, she didn't have any more eligibility.  Therefore, without her, we should be better with  Slocum and Mason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas