• 10,955,745 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoopgurlz Updates - late April 2020  (Read 544 times)

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
Hoopgurlz Updates - late April 2020
« on: April 24, 2020, 02:02:05 pm »

The folks at ESPN Hoopgurlz have updated their 2021 and updated and expanded their 2022 & 2023 lists today. Links below. They have also created a page for the 2024 Watch List, but as of now, it's still empty. I'll update it if/when they fill it in.

Of note -
On the 2021 list, Jersey Wolfenbarger has moved up to #18, though it still lists her height at 6'2". She is below some folks who, tbh, I think she is much better than, but that's how things go with these lists. Being at #18 is really something.

Newly-committed to TX Hog interest Rori Harmon is at #20.

Dauda has stayed pretty much the same, I think, coming in at #24.

Of note, they have left Izzy Higganbottom at #57 for now. And Kelbie Washington (who has committed to Oklahoma, though that's not noted on the list) from Norman/Arkansas Banshees is at #58.

Chantae Embry has dropped a bit and now comes in at #81. (She had been top 60 before, I believe.) Hoopgurlz has still never heard of Hog commits Emrie Ellis, Ashlyn Sage, or Samara Spencer -- which just goes to show how hit-and-miss this business is.

Link to the 2021 list:  http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2021

On the 2022 Top 60 list (expanded from 25), Hog targets that I for sure recognize include:

#15 Sa'Myah Smith, G/F from DeSoto in TX
#19 Ashlon Jackson, G from Hardin-Jefferson in TX (pretty sure we're interested; think I saw we offered, and Coach Love follows on twitter)
#28 (down from 25) Amauri Williams, P from NLR
#35 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs, G/F from SAS-Clausen in OK
#43 Carleigh Wenzel, G from O'Connor HS in TX
#55 Ysabella Fontleroy, W from Kickapoo HS in MO

Fontleroy's ranking there is probably suffering a bit from her knee injury; she had been included higher on previous lists.

Link to the 2022 list: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2022

On the 2023 Top 25 list, there are at least a few Hog recruits:

#7 Jada Williams (who EVERYBODY is recruiting) has taken an unofficial (last fall with the large group of folks) PG from Blue Springs, MO
# (Edit) 8 Chloe Clardy, G from Conway (and again, she will be on everybody's radar)
#23 Addyson (Addy) Brown, W/P from Derby, KS (Brown also unofficially visited last year, along with her teammate and Hog recruit Maryn Archer, who did not make the top 25 list, but who is pretty fantastic, imo). Brown is the little sister of Oregon State 6'5" post Kennedy Brown.

Link to 2023 list: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2023

The 2024 list will include rising HS freshman, and it won't be ranked -- it's basically just a watchlist of names. Stay tuned for that.

Very nice to see that a lot of our targets (though not all) are well-represented on these early (and for the 2021s, not so early) lists!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:10:49 pm by psycHOGlogist »

logic

Re: Hoopgurlz Updates - late April 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 04:46:16 pm »

There is a lot of good information on the post.  Thank you!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
Re: Hoopgurlz Updates - late April 2020
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 12:35:11 pm »

Either I had a brain cramp earlier when I posted this, or they have already made an adjustment to the 2023 list: today, Clardy is listed as the #8 player, right behind Jada Williams.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas