• 10,955,693 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New commit  (Read 2357 times)

psycHOGlogist

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Skepticism is a virtue.
New commit
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:19:54 pm »

Neighbors has tweeted the Hog symbol!

Is it Slocum? A 2021?

psycHOGlogist

Re: New commit
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 01:39:26 pm »

Apparently news will come in the next 20 mins or so...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

flippinhogmana

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Nathan J Allison - Brothers to the Bone Books
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 01:41:50 pm »

Apparently news will come in the next 20 mins or so...

the rumor is that one of our major interests in 2021 is close to committing officially

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 01:47:13 pm »

MP24

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 01:47:32 pm »

Destiny Slocum

GoPigs69

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2020, 01:51:14 pm »

Wow. That’s a big get

flippinhogmana

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2020, 01:53:00 pm »

that may be the worse kept secret of the last month, but nevertheless welcome aboard Destiny! Glad to have you!

samhog49

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2020, 01:55:27 pm »

that may be the worse kept secret of the last month, but nevertheless welcome aboard Destiny! Glad to have you!

Agreed! Was just a matter of time. Eager for the 2021 player to Make her choice known here soon!  ;)

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 02:00:51 pm »

Agreed! Was just a matter of time. Eager for the 2021 player to Make her choice known here soon!  ;)

Maybe this will start some momentum?

flippinhogmana

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 02:02:43 pm »

Maybe this will start some momentum?

not much usually happens on a Saturday!  Thanks for finding and sharing, Psych!

Hog in Iowa

• Varsity
  • Now coming to you live from McKinney, TX.
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 04:47:16 pm »

BOOM chacka lacka!  Hog coaches doin some crutin!  Nice work.

logic

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 07:18:30 pm »

Even though it is only for one year, I believe Destiny Slocum is the highest ranked player Arkansas has ever signed.  I hated losing A'Tyanna Gauden but Destiny Slocum more than makes up for her leaving.

Hogfanbornin94

• Varsity
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 08:35:00 pm »

So does that put us back at the limit, from what I remember we were going to be one over with Jailyn coming back had AT and Rokia not enter the portal.

Hogtired10

• Senior
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 09:55:31 pm »

It's Slocum!!!

https://twitter.com/DestinySlocum24/status/1251582436456071168

Destiny and Amber played in the same McDonald's All-American Game both have swag to them. Should be fun. Found some footage of her.  https://youtu.be/RpUrshCNVKE
https://youtu.be/HNKyrU48aGI
https://youtu.be/VH9_Otzr7jk

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2020, 11:40:41 pm »

So does that put us back at the limit, from what I remember we were going to be one over with Jailyn coming back had AT and Rokia not enter the portal.

I believe that things are happening that will put us back under the limit. Flippin has hinted that some of our current, non-starting players may be unable to continue playing, physically. Kind of like Swenson last year. But we’ll see.

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2020, 11:51:01 pm »

Destiny and Amber played in the same McDonald's All-American Game both have swag to them. Should be fun. Found some footage of her.  https://youtu.be/RpUrshCNVKE
https://youtu.be/HNKyrU48aGI
https://youtu.be/VH9_Otzr7jk

Great clips - she really has a burst, and I love how she finishes with both hands so smoothly!

flippinhogmana

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2020, 01:56:28 am »

Even though it is only for one year, I believe Destiny Slocum is the highest ranked player Arkansas has ever signed.  I hated losing A'Tyanna Gauden but Destiny Slocum more than makes up for her leaving.

We didnt just lose AT, we are apt to lose Doumbia as well remember.  The freshmen are just going to have to pick up the slack to provide depth, them and the sophs.

jackflash

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2020, 10:56:56 am »

with Destiny on board and mason returning not sure we have to depend on freshman

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2020, 12:53:53 pm »

with Destiny on board and mason returning not sure we have to depend on freshman
not sure you understand how good some of our freshman are.  Especially Eaton.  Just because they are freshman it does not mean they can not play.  Look at SC this year - 3 freshman starters plus first player off the bench was a freshman.  Eaton is that good as is Wolfenberger, Dauda, and Harmon if we get them next year.  Girls that are starters all four years are your top players.  That is what is trying to bring into the program - especially next year when we will have to replace a lot of freshman.  That is not to say that all good players are starters their freshman year.  Centers especially take a longer time to develop, but top guards are starters right away - no matter where they go

Hogtired10

• Senior
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2020, 01:02:02 pm »

We didnt just lose AT, we are apt to lose Doumbia as well remember.  The freshmen are just going to have to pick up the slack to provide depth, them and the sophs.

Slocum and Ramirez were ranked 3 & 4 respectively

Destiny Slocum http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/191032

Amber Ramirez http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/167762

flippinhogmana

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2020, 02:06:04 pm »

Slocum and Ramirez were ranked 3 & 4 respectively

Destiny Slocum http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/191032

Amber Ramirez http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/167762

three and four at their position, 7 and 12 overall in that service

Dauda is ranked 1 in her position, but about 22 overall  for next year (a lot of really good point guards and off guards).  Jersey is ranked higher overall, but isnt number one at her position.  Roni Harmon I think is ranked about 5th overall.  Below is a pic of a now 6-4 Jersey Wolfenbarger

https://media.arkansasonline.com/img/photos/2020/02/23/AN_BKH-NORTH_SOUTH_004_r600x400.jpg?689b03237e9432d372b8e4e059d8b6cfaff1b604

what I do like is that Mike is bringing height next year but its not just height, its skilled height.  In addition to Eaton who is 6-1 and a skilled guard, the '21 class has Sage who is 6-2 guard (already committed), perhaps Harmon (prospect) who is only 5-7 but the number two point in her class (as I said 5th overall) and with Ramirez, Tolefree range on the three; perhaps Jersey who at 6-4 is also a skilled ball handler and a guard/point guard.  They are also bringing in Ellis (already committed) who at 6-2 is long, a shot blocker and can handle the ball.  Maryam Dauda, as I mentioned, (prospect) is generally considered to be the top post in the class and at 6-4 if she signed with us, would be our best big since Ruby Vaden (probably better than but comparable to her).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 02:27:59 pm by flippinhogmana »

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2020, 04:20:03 pm »

All I can say is that if we get everyone that is mentioned in Flippins comments, it would be our best class ever and the highest rated.

flippinhogmana

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 08:13:39 pm »

All I can say is that if we get everyone that is mentioned in Flippins comments, it would be our best class ever and the highest rated.

If you read Richard Davenport's article yesterday, I am far from being the only one mentioning them.  And we have all mentioned Jersey and Maryam a lot on here.  We haven't mentioned Roni Harmon much but she is as good as her ranking.  I think mike offered here June of 2019, so he has been interested in her for a good while.  we were not the first to offered though, Texas (before Vic), Baylor, Gary Blair with the Ags, I think Tech, and a couple of others beat us with their offers.   I would be more worried about Gary but he already just got a high ranked pg to replace Carter.  And you know the style of play that they play.  I (and others at the hill) feel really about our two instate girls.  In fact, we might hear something from one of them soon.  I think we get both, and I like our chances only all the three mentioned in Richard's article, and about the six we may eventually sign (as well as the three this year). 

We are going to be seeing a lot of new faces over the next two years.  But lets enjoy the faces that we have there now.  I really enjoyed Kiara over the years.  Same for Alexis's two years.  Going to hate to see Chelsea graduate.  Glad to see Amber grace our courts.  Going to miss TT a lot, she just had a quietness about her but she busted her tail every game.  I may be talking about them like they are already gone, but I am going to set myself to enjoy them all the more this last year here.  i thank all of them whether they played a little or a lot, no matter how much they scored or rebounded. 

Point is, i think we are in for some exciting days, and I dont think our rise ends when this year's seniors are gone.   

Despite her size and being a point guard (and the fact that she reminds some of a cross between Amber and Alexis) she reminds me in some critical ways of Chelsea Dungee.  But now that we have her, perhaps the most comparable player that she will remind people of (if she comes here) is Ms. Slocum.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 08:28:59 am by flippinhogmana »

LadybackBBFan

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2020, 08:15:11 am »

Flippin Quote: Despite here size and being a point guard (and the fact that she reminds some of a cross between Amber and Alexis) she reminds me in some critical ways of Chelsea Dungee.  But now that we have her, perhaps the most comparable player that she will remind people of (if she comes here) is Ms. Slocum. 
I agree from the tapes I have seen on both.

LindyG

• Band Nerd
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 01:02:27 pm »

I am a Maryland fan and was disappointed when slocum left the terps. So glad to see her play in person! 

psycHOGlogist

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2020, 10:22:30 am »

Great interview with Destiny here from hitthatline. I think she is really going to bring a lot to Razorback women's basketball!

https://hitthatline.com/destiny-finally-brings-neighbors-slocum-together-for-razorbacks/

logic

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 12:59:59 pm »

I excited to see her play.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:37:09 pm by logic »

Hog in Iowa

• Varsity
  • Now coming to you live from McKinney, TX.
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2020, 02:03:10 pm »

I excited to she her play.

I excited, too!  (just kidding w/you).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas