• 10,796,465 Posts
• 421,238 Topics
• 24,754 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report: South Carolina basketball program receives NCAA Notice of Allegations  (Read 855 times)

jbcarol

According to Pat Forde of Sports Illustrated, South Carolina has been hit with a Level I violation — Level I is the most serious violation a school can commit.

NCAA is alleging that former South Carolina assistant coach Lamont Evans was paid a bribe during his tenure in Columbia. The NCAA claims Evans took at least $5,865 from former agent Christian Dawkins.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

joeyself

Re: South Carolina under investigation
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 08:53:04 am »

Well, yes...and no.

The coach being investigated was at South Carolina at the time of the alleged infraction, but the last three paragraphs make it clear that the Gamecocks are not in any danger here:

It should be noted that Frank Martin has not been named in the NCAA’s Notice of Allegations and no charge of lack of institutional control has been levied against the coach.

South Carolina AD Ray Tanner reportedly issued the following statement to Sports Illustrated following this news:

“As expected, this does not involve any institutional, current coaching staff or former or current student-athlete eligibility issues. We will continue to defend our program and institution in this process with the NCAA.”

Translation:  We'll throw Lamont Evans under the bus, and then back up over him.

JcS

SWD26

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 09:27:06 am »

I was thinking, if Frank is cheating he sure isn't doing a very good job of it.

leroyhawg

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 04:57:43 pm »

Yeah, if you're going to cheat do it right, lol

SeldomHere

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • | Uniform of Choice |
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 04:59:56 pm »

There's a lot of coaches to learn from in the SEC.  ;) ;D ;D

jbcarol

South Carolina AD Ray Tanner issues statement after Gamecocks receive Notice of Allegations from NCAA

“We know what occurred, internally. Based on the knowledge that I have and the internal research that we did, I would not (expect any forfeiture of wins),” Tanner said. “I’ll reiterate that I will very passionately and actively defend our program and our institution in this process with the NCAA.”

The Gamecocks are facing a Level I infraction, which is the most serious a program can receive.

Forfeit?  When was the last time anyone forfeited a game?

Vacation is all we ever wanted.

Tanner is an old baseball guy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas