• 10,796,413 Posts
• 421,238 Topics
• 24,754 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Justice Hill  (Read 1774 times)

CowHog32

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Justice Hill
« on: February 12, 2020, 04:24:58 pm »

Would having Justice on this team have helped us win a couple more games? Especially with Joe being out. I know he was not that highly ranked but he is putting up good numbers at JC and is a true point guard. Just thinking it would be nice to have a guy that can create off the bounce to get other guys open looks. I donít know what all went down with him leaving the team but you would have to think he could give us 10 minutes or so at this point in the season at least.

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
Re: Justice Hill
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 04:28:09 pm »

man i totally forgot about him thanks Obama

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

bigred223

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 04:33:05 pm »

I think what would help this team is some size, depth, and another legitimate three point shooter. Unfortunately, we won't be getting any of that until next year.

Justice Hill would likely not help us much at this point, imo.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 04:47:40 pm »

Where is he playing ?

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.

HolyHog

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 05:21:18 pm »

Justice is putting up crazy numbers for a top JUCO team but Muss doesnít like guards under 6í1 so thatís actually reasonable. Would have helped a lot though because his jump shot is pretty dang good now!

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 05:39:23 pm »

If he was DivI ready after graduating HS, why didnít Mike Anderson sign him at St. Johnís?

NotSoFastMyFriend

• Go Go Godzilla
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 05:43:14 pm »

He should've stuck with football. Had potential at CB beyond college. Hoop dreams have kept a lot of talented athletes out of other professional sports. Sad.

Stephen Hawgking

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »

Justice is putting up crazy numbers for a top JUCO team but Muss doesnít like guards under 6í1 so thatís actually reasonable. Would have helped a lot though because his jump shot is pretty dang good now!

Might be a good fit for a mid major like St. Johnís

CowHog32

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 05:50:33 pm »

If he was DivI ready after graduating HS, why didnít Mike Anderson sign him at St. Johnís?
He always wanted to play for MA, so Iím sure if MA offers him out of Jucco he will go there. If he transferred to St. Johnís instead of JC route I believe he would of had to sit out a year. At least going to JC he is getting to play.

Arazorbackguy1

• Alive!
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 05:52:53 pm »

A&M has interest or has offered him. I hope we donít have to face him.

CowHog32

• Varsity
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 05:55:15 pm »

If we did he would have the game of his life guaranteed! That always seems to happen to us.

NotSoFastMyFriend

• Go Go Godzilla
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 05:58:04 pm »

He's barely 6' so I can't see him doing anything against next year's Arkansas roster. I'd worry about him if he played for the football Aggies though.

parallaxpig

• Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.

TrueBlue

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 06:36:36 pm »

What do you consider ďcrazy numbersĒ?

13 ppg?

20% of his games he has shot under 29% fg.

Yes, you are right, that IS crazy.

We have enough players already that have trouble shooting on this team.

Hogbawlin

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 07:14:47 pm »

its possible that he didnít want to go to St Johns

SWD26

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 07:21:24 pm »

13 ppg?

Well, when you think about it, Isaiah Joe's overall percentages aren't much better than that and I'm sure that you could find a certain percentage of his games where he also shot that low of percentage...ÖÖ..and he's considered to be one of the best shooters in the Nation!

MusicCityBossHawg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 08:57:54 pm »

Quote from: HolyHog on Today at 05:21:18 pm Justice is putting up crazy numbers for a top JUCO team but Muss doesnít like guards under 6í1 so thatís actually reasonable. Would have helped a lot though because his jump shot is pretty dang good now!  Might be a good fit for a mid major like St. Johnís

Big East won Big 12 Challenge 8-2 whereas SEC tied Big 12 5 to 5 .  Big East conference has best non conference win % at 80% and NET average of 10 conference teams is 38 for tops in country.   Our Higs NET is now over 40 with 45 the cut line  Sec average NET ranking is in high 60ís.  I assume you are poking somebody and know top NET ranking league in land.

Its not what Hills rank was but what he could do uniquely such as owning Hagans at Kentucky on aau circuit and being best on ball defender since Patrick Beverly..  SJ got a ranked physical version of Justice signed for next year Posh Alexander so I dont think he will land there.  He would electrify at press virginia with his elite speed and quickness.  Hogs are slow other than Harris and Sills.  Speed kills in hoops like in football.  I root for my Hogs but also been friends with Mike since late 80ís and root for him too.

tusked

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 09:06:12 am »

Heís avg 13.8 in JUCO.  🥱

Hawg Red

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 09:10:29 am »

13 ppg?

We have enough players already that have trouble shooting on this team.

LOL

Bias is a helluva drug, isn't it?

bkjbearcat

• Senior
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 09:49:04 am »

Would having Justice on this team have helped us win a couple more games? Especially with Joe being out. I know he was not that highly ranked but he is putting up good numbers at JC and is a true point guard. Just thinking it would be nice to have a guy that can create off the bounce to get other guys open looks. I donít know what all went down with him leaving the team but you would have to think he could give us 10 minutes or so at this point in the season at least.

Is he 7'0 and can rebound? No? Then he couldn't help much.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 09:49:41 am »

110 Assists to 67 turnovers in Junior College is terrible point guard play. That would be a turnover machine in P5 D1

UnknownNobody

• Iím a Dapper Dan Man!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 09:52:30 am »

110 Assists to 67 turnovers in Junior College is terrible point guard play. That would be a turnover machine in P5 D1

But...but...but...heís from Arkansas!!! He did that one thing to that one guy in AAU ball!!! He will be a star!!!

uconnhog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 09:57:03 am »

He should've stuck with football. Had potential at CB beyond college. Hoop dreams have kept a lot of talented athletes out of other professional sports. Sad.
You got that right

Smithian

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:03 am »

Justice Hill has to be the most controversial recruit on this board in a long time.

Hawg Red

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 10:00:45 am »

Justice Hill has to be the most controversial recruit on this board in a long time.

Definitely a complex story.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:29 am »

Wish him all the best. Good young man, good family. Should come out of there with a nice offer somewhere. I do not think he would have been of serious help to us this year, maybe could take some minutes from Harris.

Satellite

• Varsity
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 10:05:40 am »

LOL

Bias is a helluva drug, isn't it?

I've only lived in Arkansas for about a decade now. And it's still so odd to me that everyone will jump through hoops for their in-state.

He's averaging almost 3 turnovers a game, he may be the leading scorer but the 2nd and 3rd leading scoring are right there with him (13.2 and 11.8 PPG). Yes, the team is winning a bunch of games but he's also gone for 1, 2(twice) and 4 points in games with at least 1 turnover in every game. Most games multiple, twice with 5. Not trying to dog him or anything. He's able to make it up with D, his steals are impressive. 7 games with at least 2 steals. But to say he's setting the world on fire is a bit much.

And personally, I still don't believe he's 6'0. He can't be more than 5'10. Maybe 5'11 on a good day.

Unless he's pulling a Macon and getting 20+ PPG at the JC level... That's when i'd consider him an overachiever. Until then, he's right where I expected him to be.

UnknownNobody

• Iím a Dapper Dan Man!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:04 am »

Agreed...the way I see it, he wanted to play basketball but wasnít good enough for a scholarship. He was good enough to play football but he only really wanted to play football if he could play QB. Anderson n Bielema made a deal that he would sign a football scholarship (Morris agreed) and be allowed to play both. Morris fired...Anderson fired and he took his ball n went home.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:52 am »

Two things made it controversial:

1) picking him over a way more talented McBride

2) him being the only recruit in a year we were going to lose Gafford. No big men in line to replace Gafford at all.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 10:11:06 am »

Iíve stood face to face with Justice on more than one occasion.  Iím 5í10Ē.  My daughter is 6í1Ē.

She towered over both Juice and I by at least 3 inches.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 10:22:34 am »

I've only lived in Arkansas for about a decade now. And it's still so odd to me that everyone will jump through hoops for their in-state.

Hometownheroitis inflicts this state terribly. Every kid is going to be the next great Hog simply because he is from Arkansas. If Justice Hill had played his HS ball in Ohio or Utah, we'd likely have never heard of him, and in the event MA had recruited him from one of those states everyone would have been asking wth Mike was thinking.

It is like the kid from Waldron. He is a good player AT Waldron against Waldron level competition. I have been reffing his games since he was a 7th grader. People down there are beside themselves wondering why the hogs have not offered him ( they did finally send a coach to watch him a week or 2 ago ). Problem for him is he is just a bit undersized, and just a bit slow. Yea he can shoot, and he's gotten better at going to the basket. Until recently his best offer was UCA, so it is not just the Hogs that are not showing much interest. 

k.c.hawg

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 10:39:44 am »

Hometownheroitis inflicts this state terribly. Every kid is going to be the next great Hog simply because he is from Arkansas. If Justice Hill had played his HS ball in Ohio or Utah, we'd likely have never heard of him, and in the event MA had recruited him from one of those states everyone would have been asking wth Mike was thinking.

It is like the kid from Waldron. He is a good player AT Waldron against Waldron level competition. I have been reffing his games since he was a 7th grader. People down there are beside themselves wondering why the hogs have not offered him ( they did finally send a coach to watch him a week or 2 ago ). Problem for him is he is just a bit undersized, and just a bit slow. Yea he can shoot, and he's gotten better at going to the basket. Until recently his best offer was UCA, so it is not just the Hogs that are not showing much interest. 

Maybe the Hogs will slip in there and steal him like they did Mason Jones. ;)

Satellite

• Varsity
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 10:47:09 am »

Mason still had some time at the lower levels before he came to Arkansas. So slipping in there to steal him would be in 2022 most likely but that's if he improves and can show he could contribute at the highest D1 level. The SEC is probably the 4th best conference for basketball in the country TOP TO BOTTOM behind the ACC, BIG10 and BIG12.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:00 am »

Jones was committed to UCA out of a JUCO, not HS. Brown had committed to UCA but decommitted after the coaching change at UCA. He is getting some d1 interest, but not sure any of it is p5 level.

Blumpkin

• Varsity
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 11:08:24 am »

man i totally forgot about him thanks Obama
LMAO
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas