• 10,796,428 Posts
• 421,238 Topics
• 24,754 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Unwritten Rules of Baseball Fandom  (Read 1701 times)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
The Unwritten Rules of Baseball Fandom
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:20:22 am »

SEC Baseball‏ @SECbaseball ∑ 9h9 hours ago 

Keep your 👀 out.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
Re: The Unwritten Rules of Baseball Fandom
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 12:20:51 am »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:46:22 am »

I stopped following him after he left our cream jerseys out of the top 10 uniforms list.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 04:52:25 pm »

I stopped following him after he left our cream jerseys out of the top 10 uniforms list.

Still should be fun to follow.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 04:52:41 pm »

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 07:37:30 pm »

outside of the normal don't be a jerk rules there is one rule that everyone needs to abide by -----

DON'T BLOCK THE AISLES

I know some people buy tickets to watch the concession work of the University of Aramark or Levy College and others are there to honor their alma mater Instagram University but a good portion of the Razorback fans in Baum are there to watch the game.  Please realize that when you decide to get up and down a million times or when you simply stand in the middle of the aisle blocking everyone's view.  We paid to watch the Razorbacks not you.

Donnie Baker

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 08:41:38 am »

outside of the normal don't be a jerk rules there is one rule that everyone needs to abide by -----

DON'T BLOCK THE AISLES

I know some people buy tickets to watch the concession work of the University of Aramark or Levy College and others are there to honor their alma mater Instagram University but a good portion of the Razorback fans in Baum are there to watch the game.  Please realize that when you decide to get up and down a million times or when you simply stand in the middle of the aisle blocking everyone's view.  We paid to watch the Razorbacks not you.

I think this is just a societal thing today. It happens at church, concerts, graduations, etc.  People start filtering in 5 minutes after start time, and are never still. Our church starts at 10:00 am. It's always half full until halfway through the first song, then people are stumbling in, coffee in hand, trying to find a seat in the dark and blocking my view. LOL. Yes I am a Boomer. I come early and take my seat, and most of the time never get up unless it's between innings.

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I liked Big Mike but it was a lie
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 11:17:02 am »

Dont use advanced technology to steal signs.....do that from the field of play

BroyledNutts

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 02:22:21 pm »

Don't kick the back of the seats, or drum on the back of seats, or put your feet up on the back of the seats, if someone is sitting in front of you.
Don't spit seed hulls, or crack peanut shells, into or under the seats in front of you.
Don't shove your trash under the seats in front of you - put your trash under your own seat.
Don't spit tobacco on the ground around your seat. If you insist on using it, spit into a cup.
Control your children. Do not allow them to wallow around on everyone around you during the game. They have a seat - make them use it.
Unless it's a bathroom emergency, if it's crowded, please only move in and out of rows between innings.
I realize baseball games can move slowly at times, and can even be boring for some, but please - if you have absolutely no interest in the game, hold your social gatherings in the concourse, or back up in your sky box, not in the rows. There are a good many of us that are actually trying to watch (and listen to) the game. The Hog Pen is an excellent place to hold a he said/she said gab session.
If you are a large individual - and this applies to me as well, so don't even - be mindful that the folks on either side of you actually paid for the seat that your spilling into - and do what you can to prevent overlap from happening. In games where there is reduced attendance, you can actually move to a seat that is not occupied on either side, and take up all the space you want to.
If you're new to the game, and the stadium, take a little time to learn its traditions, and when to scream and yell, and when not to. It's important.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:06:43 pm by BroyledNutts »

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • If she ain't foreign she borin'
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 02:54:20 pm »

Never go to the bathroom during a Rally.

AgriHawg

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 11:25:21 pm »

If a baseball comes flying at you, protect the women & children...and your drink.
Whatever you do, donít knock down a young kid in your attempt to catch a ball. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2020, 12:47:29 am »

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2020, 08:57:53 am »

Don't kick the back of the seats, or drum on the back of seats, or put your feet up on the back of the seats, if someone is sitting in front of you.
Don't spit seed hulls, or crack peanut shells, into or under the seats in front of you.
Don't shove your trash under the seats in front of you - put your trash under you're own seat.
Don't spit tobacco on the ground around your seat. If you insist on using it, spit into a cup.
Control your children. Do not allow them to wallow around on everyone around you during the game. They have a seat - make them use it.
Unless it's a bathroom emergency, if it's crowded, please only move in and out of rows between innings.
I realize baseball games can move slowly at times, and can even be boring for some, but please - if you have absolutely no interest in the game, hold your social gatherings in the concourse, or back up in your sky box, not in the rows. There are a good many of us that are actually trying to watch (and listen to) the game. The Hog Pen is an excellent place to hold a he said/she said gab session.
If you are a large individual - and this applies to me as well, so don't even - be mindful that the folks on either side of you actually paid for the seat that your spilling into - and do what you can to prevent overlap from happening. In games where there is reduced attendance, you can actually move to a seat that is not occupied on either side, and take up all the space you want to.
If you're new to the game, and the stadium, take a little time to learn its traditions, and when to scream and yell, and when not to. It's important.

We must know each other.  The U of A pays local schools some paltry amount to clean up Baum.  My daughter was the cheer coach of at one of those local schools.  Her jr. high squad had the privilige of cleaning up after the aTm doubleheader a few years ago that ended around 10.  JH age girls don't drive themselves, so there were maybe two left, with a couple of parents, my daughter and my son in law.  We lived an hour away from Baum, but we were asked to turn around and come back, so as a loving father and mother we did.  She called her brother from his apartment across the street from Baum, and 9 of us cleaned Baum.  I don't ever want to see another sunflower seed as long as I live. 

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2020, 09:02:33 am »

I think this is just a societal thing today. It happens at church, concerts, graduations, etc.  People start filtering in 5 minutes after start time, and are never still. Our church starts at 10:00 am. It's always half full until halfway through the first song, then people are stumbling in, coffee in hand, trying to find a seat in the dark and blocking my view. LOL. Yes I am a Boomer. I come early and take my seat, and most of the time never get up unless it's between innings.

It's also a way to prove to friends you are hip. 

"Oh yes, we've got tickets to the Hog Baseball Game." 

Arrive in the bottom of the third.  Upset everything because somebody has decided nobody was going to fill those seats, so they had set up camp there, and now everybody has to make room for the shuffling out and in of bodies, all while the game is going on.  And about 99.9% of the time, the late arrivers leave by the top of the 7th, and usually wait until after the Stretch, and start vacating as the first pitch is being thrown. 

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 09:05:53 am »

I may have missed it, but everybody should be like the people with season tickets next to ours.  I believe he works at a bank, so he almost always misses at least the 1st inning on Friday, but when he arrives, if somebody is sitting in his seats, he and his partner will just sit in the first empty seats close to his.  Very courteous.  I think last year,  he sat in his own seats maybe twice.  Of course for the post season games, he was there on time. 

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:25 am »

I DM'd a bunch of these over to SEC Baseball, we'll see what he does with them....good stuff!

YellCountyHog21

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 10:47:56 am »

If a baseball comes flying at you, protect the women & children...and your drink.

Would like to add that if you catch a baseball with a beer in hand, you have no choice but to chug it

HogPharmer

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 10:56:13 am »

SIAP, didn't read every post... But I'd like to add this one to the list:

Don't whistle incessantly from the start of the game to the end of the game.

Screw Vandy!

Razorback7281

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 11:57:46 am »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 02:20:18 pm »

I DM'd a bunch of these over to SEC Baseball, we'll see what he does with them....good stuff!

Just heard back and below is the message:

"All very solid! Definitely using some of these, thanks for the input!"

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 02:27:06 pm »

Cotton

• All-American Hogvillian
  • If she ain't foreign she borin'
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 02:34:48 pm »

I've been in the visitor bullpen when that has happened before and it SUCKS.

Donnie Baker

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 08:07:29 pm »

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 08:21:08 pm »

Always BOO the umps when they come on the field before the game.

EconHawg

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 09:09:28 pm »

Don't waste your beer by throwing it on everyone around you. Glad that's not our tradition.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 10:17:21 pm »

Here ya go BroyledNutts!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 11:12:21 pm »

SIAP, didn't read every post... But I'd like to add this one to the list:

Don't whistle incessantly from the start of the game to the end of the game.

And here is the reply to HogPharmer's message:

"Hahaha I think 99% of fans agree on that one".

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 05:04:07 am »

Always check the baseball schedule BEFORE planning and setting a date and time for a wedding, family reunion or other major event. Have your priorities in order.

rljjr

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 07:44:38 am »

Always check the baseball schedule BEFORE planning and setting a date and time for a wedding, family reunion or other major event. Have your priorities in order.

Seriously. Tuesday/Wednesday weddings should be a thing (pending schedule of course).

Bacons Rebellion

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 08:58:30 am »

And here is the reply to HogPharmer's message:

"Hahaha I think 99% of fans agree on that one".

At the Whistler Club meeting, we determined by careful stadium mapping that it takes only 1% of the crowd for us to cover 96% of the seating area.

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 09:18:51 am »

I may have missed it, but everybody should be like the people with season tickets next to ours.  I believe he works at a bank, so he almost always misses at least the 1st inning on Friday, but when he arrives, if somebody is sitting in his seats, he and his partner will just sit in the first empty seats close to his.  Very courteous.  I think last year,  he sat in his own seats maybe twice.  Of course for the post season games, he was there on time.

BTW, what is the exact location of your seats, since EVERYBODY should be like this?

HogPharmer

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 09:39:13 am »

Wear your hat facing forwards like a man.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 02:49:38 pm »

I think this is just a societal thing today. It happens at church, concerts, graduations, etc.  People start filtering in 5 minutes after start time, and are never still.

The row in front of us stood up and started walking out just as our son was walking across the stage at his hs graduation. I dam& near got arrested. I still regret not chopping them all at the knees.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 02:56:41 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas