• 10,955,745 Posts
• 425,723 Topics
• 24,874 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash  (Read 8334 times)

HognitiveDissonance

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2020, 12:24:38 pm »

As I mentioned the 1973 Texas International crash near Mena, AR the debris was never cleaned up. If you've ever been there as I have you will see why. The location is so desolate that there is no risk of many people visiting. It's very hard to get to...very rugged, steep, briers, rocks, etc.

After all, it is a burial site, essentially. You wouldn't necessarily want thousands of people there. When I've been there I think the proper respect to the place was shown. There's nothing there but plane wreckage, but still, people lost their lives so there is definitely a somber feel to it.

But with this site, I suspect they will scour the place and clean it up. This is LA after all, there are millions of people in that area, and this is very public event, people will know where the crash site is. I bet no debris will be left for people to find. The adventuresome will try to hike up there and see the 'spot where it happened'.

ChitownHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Smooth vibes for a smooth day
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2020, 04:53:49 pm »

This one has been a tough one to swallow today. Just one of those that's nearly impossible to believe—not unlike Stevie Ray Vaughn dying in a helicopter crash—and the rest of the circumstances, with his daughter and the others on board, just make it worse.

Never a fan of any LA team, when Kobe was on you came to just expect him to take over the game and shoot the other team to a loss. There are the elite players in history, then there's the elite of the elite. That's small company. When you think of any sport, he's one of just 3 or 4 you can include in the best ever.

I heard the other day someone say there are a couple of players with similar stats as Kobe, but not the star power as Kobe. He was tenacious in practice which led to tenacity in the game. He was using the same mentality in business.

He didn't like how a company was recording film for his company, so he created his own company. That's Mamba.

As Shaq said, you get use to seeing all of the greats grow old and gray not end at 41. RIP

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2020, 05:03:47 pm »

As I mentioned the 1973 Texas International crash near Mena, AR the debris was never cleaned up. If you've ever been there as I have you will see why. The location is so desolate that there is no risk of many people visiting. It's very hard to get to...very rugged, steep, briers, rocks, etc.

After all, it is a burial site, essentially. You wouldn't necessarily want thousands of people there. When I've been there I think the proper respect to the place was shown. There's nothing there but plane wreckage, but still, people lost their lives so there is definitely a somber feel to it.

But with this site, I suspect they will scour the place and clean it up. This is LA after all, there are millions of people in that area, and this is very public event, people will know where the crash site is. I bet no debris will be left for people to find. The adventuresome will try to hike up there and see the 'spot where it happened'.
Grew up 10-15 miles from the crash site in western San Fernando Valley...of course it was not nearly as populated then as now.. sick as it sounds the place will be crawling with debris hunters, Ebay sellers, and selfie takers as soon as they can access the place.... such a sad and heartbreaking event.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:17:39 pm by Redhogs »

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2020, 05:28:59 pm »

Grew up 10-15 miles from the crash site in western San Fernando Valley...of course it was not nearly as populated then as now.. sick as it sounds the place will be crawling with debri hunters, Ebay sellers, and selfie takers as soon as they can access the place.... such a sad and heartbreaking event.
To the point you made...this is LA.
I can envision this being added to some of those Hollywood Tours on the motorbuses.
'The next stop will be the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash site'

I'm 100% sure it would happen...EXCEPT...the crash site is not near downtown LA or Beverly Hills.

But I'm sure the Tours go by the house Michael Jackson died in!

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2020, 05:47:21 pm »

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2020, 06:13:33 pm »

I had forgotten about that crash.  Crazy how the aircraft was going from El Dorado to Texarkana and ended up hitting a mountain north of Mena.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2020, 10:58:54 pm »

He was diverting around storms and didn’t tell anyone. His second mistake was thinking the tallest elevation in that area was 1200 feet

alohawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2020, 02:34:25 pm »

This is quite something- look at the date she had this dream.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas