• 10,790,267 Posts
• 421,142 Topics
• 24,743 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offensive recruits  (Read 2492 times)

HogNTX

• Senior
  • Spending time in my Hog Oasis
Offensive recruits
« on: January 18, 2020, 05:32:55 pm »

Right now 13 of our 15 are on the defensive side of the ball. 3 (if Turner counts in both) are on the offensive side. When are we gonna see some offensive recruits pull the trigger?

Hollywood870

Re: Offensive recruits
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 05:48:10 pm »

Ebony Jackson figgin to.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

SooieGeneris

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Put On The Ol' Feedbag Boys, 270 lbers are passe!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 06:17:49 pm »

Other than QB and the O Line, the defense was where the greater numbers were needed. Especially going to a multiple defense that will include some 3/4 even if it's not the base defense, the LB numbers were really low and have been for a long time.

I see a lot of hybrid type players being recruited on the defensive side. Slusher can play S or CB, Burrle is fast enough to play S or OLB along with Jacorrei Turner.

Nick Turner can play CB or S also. Stewart and Thomas are hybrid WDE/OLB types along with Wallace. Versatility to play a lot of different spots seems to be what this staff is seeking on defense in order to not just sit in one spot most of the time like Chavis did.

This will allow us to put players all over in a lot of different looks. It may take awhile to get to that point to be as multiple as the coaches want. It will take longer than one recruiting class for sure.

The biggest concern for me in the numbers so far is not the lack of offensive players but the lack of DTs and it would be nice to get some more O Linemen. I believe we will add some on the O line, so the lack of DTs is the biggest concern for me, or lack of NGs if it's going to be mainly 3/4.

We need some big kids on both lines. We couldn't even knock San Jose off the ball on 4th and short twice in 2019..

HogNTX

• Senior
  • Spending time in my Hog Oasis
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 11:02:09 pm »

Other than QB and the O Line, the defense was where the greater numbers were needed. Especially going to a multiple defense that will include some 3/4 even if it's not the base defense, the LB numbers were really low and have been for a long time.

I see a lot of hybrid type players being recruited on the defensive side. Slusher can play S or CB, Burrle is fast enough to play S or OLB along with Jacorrei Turner.

Nick Turner can play CB or S also. Stewart and Thomas are hybrid WDE/OLB types along with Wallace. Versatility to play a lot of different spots seems to be what this staff is seeking on defense in order to not just sit in one spot most of the time like Chavis did.

This will allow us to put players all over in a lot of different looks. It may take awhile to get to that point to be as multiple as the coaches want. It will take longer than one recruiting class for sure.

The biggest concern for me in the numbers so far is not the lack of offensive players but the lack of DTs and it would be nice to get some more O Linemen. I believe we will add some on the O line, so the lack of DTs is the biggest concern for me, or lack of NGs if it's going to be mainly 3/4.

We need some big kids on both lines. We couldn't even knock San Jose off the ball on 4th and short twice in 2019..

Canít disagree that defense needs more reinforcement than offense in this class... and do like some of the dual position guys as long as they donít end up too small for one and too slow for the other... not a slight on any of them just the other side of that coin. Share the thought on the lines as well... although Jones is about to flip and cancel both other visits (perfect world please make this happen)!

We definitely need a promising QB recruit... whether we land a transfer or not.

Need another RB and a TE or 2 and 3 or so OL (in addition to Jones :-)... perfect world please make this happen.

Plus it makes sense that weíre heavy on the defensive commitments right now since Odom had a bit of a head start on recruiting over Briles... just ready to see some more weapons added to the class.

BTW... perfect world please make it happen that we get Jones, St John, and a Scott plus another!

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:08:12 pm »

look for Franks , Savion Williams and Ebony Jackson to come on board soon . Darin Turner is a Wr so that spot should be filled too

DeltaHog66

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 07:12:04 am »

Canít disagree that defense needs more reinforcement than offense in this class... and do like some of the dual position guys as long as they donít end up too small for one and too slow for the other... not a slight on any of them just the other side of that coin. Share the thought on the lines as well... although Jones is about to flip and cancel both other visits (perfect world please make this happen)!

We definitely need a promising QB recruit... whether we land a transfer or not.

Need another RB and a TE or 2 and 3 or so OL (in addition to Jones :-)... perfect world please make this happen.

Plus it makes sense that weíre heavy on the defensive commitments right now since Odom had a bit of a head start on recruiting over Briles... just ready to see some more weapons added to the class.

BTW... perfect world please make it happen that we get Jones, St John, and a Scott plus another!

I agree. Weíre thin at DT

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:52:33 am »

Right now 13 of our 15 are on the defensive side of the ball. 3 (if Turner counts in both) are on the offensive side. When are we gonna see some offensive recruits pull the trigger?

Other than possibly Art Green, I think Hogs will likely concentrate on offense going forward in this class. Need 1-2 QBs, 1 more RB, 1 more WR, 1-2 TEs and 3-4 OM.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 08:53:58 am »

I think Blayne and McGhee end up growing into being DTs here.

JohnL4Pres

• Band Nerd
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:47 pm »

I think Blayne and McGhee end up growing into being DTs here.

If itís been posted elsewhere than I missed it but Iíd bet my house Coates ends up inside this year too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas