• 10,748,720 Posts
• 420,055 Topics
• 24,696 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: King on the move - Arkansas mentioned  (Read 12350 times)

widespreadsooie

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Wearing shoes with no socks in cold weather
Re: King on the move - Arkansas mentioned
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 08:29:55 am »

Landing King could be very significant in speeding up the rebuild process

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

East_tex_hog

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 08:34:40 am »

Landing King could be very significant in speeding up the rebuild process

Or slowing it down depending on how you look at it. At some point you have to get KJ some reps in a game behind a decent O line, And does bringing in King keep Hornsby from committing?

Pork Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 08:39:39 am »

If only there were a recruiting forum with multiple threads on this topic...if only.

bkjbearcat

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 08:46:17 am »

Not holding my breath. I was burned by Kelly Bryant.

widespreadsooie

• Wearing shoes with no socks in cold weather
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:49:55 am »

Or slowing it down depending on how you look at it. At some point you have to get KJ some reps in a game behind a decent O line, And does bringing in King keep Hornsby from committing?

That would be a very interesting way to look at it considering what King's proven he can do on the field

porque

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 08:56:53 am »

I will be shocked if he doesn't end up at LSU or OU. 

Grizzlyfan

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:38 am »

I don't see how OU can go that route again.  They will never be able to recruit a high school qb.

Seebs

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 09:10:05 am »

So many on this board are worried about potential instead of getting the best player. Hornsby will not be a starter anywhere he signs so it should have zero ramifications on a commitment. 

KJ will get plenty of playing time and could learn a thing or two from King.  Most teams have at least five QBs on campus and Arkansas only has three and well, realistically only one. 

This is typical hand-wringing from worrywarts.   

bkjbearcat

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 09:10:55 am »

I don't see how OU can go that route again.  They will never be able to recruit a high school qb.

Don't they already have a 5* QB from Arizona? I think the one who's father went to Arkansas or grew up a Hog fan and no one ever talked to him?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 09:18:23 am »

Don't they already have a 5* QB from Arizona? I think the one who's father went to Arkansas or grew up a Hog fan and no one ever talked to him?
Spencer Rattler.

nuttless hog

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 09:27:17 am »

Spencer Rattler.
as evidence keeps coming out it is apparent that chad was protecting the quarterback spot for his son

a0ashle

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 09:36:33 am »

There is only one question that needs answered when pursuing a transfer. Does he improve the talent on the team. We all want KJ to succeed, but for Arkansas to succeed you need to ALWAYS be looking to make the team more talented. We cannot double down on any single player, we have to bring in as many options as possible and spread out the bet, especially at QB. Now I know some are snake bit from how our QB room has been a revolving door the last few years, that isn't because we had too many QBs transfer in, it's because we had too many who didn't improve our teams talent (by skill or by coaching).

Royal Fortune

• Your Kung Fu is not strong.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 09:39:07 am »

Get your hopes up, buy in again, let yourself be hurt.

This is the way.

a0ashle

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2020, 09:42:42 am »

This is the way.

Learn to soak up the hype, ride the highs, make them bigger .... and then when the lows inevitably hit, diminish them, act like they mean nothing, hunt for the new high. This is honestly the best way to be a hog fan!

hillbilly

High On Swine

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 09:46:02 am »

"You kidding me Clark?" Wasn't their another highly rated QB in Houston area maybe that family was Razorback as well, and we barely talked to?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 09:56:11 am »

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/DEriq-King-transfer-portal-possible-destinations-LSU-Miami-Oregon-Arkansas-136031426/

Another link here that I haven't seen posted yet.
LSU, Oregon, oklahoma would be his best bet to see what he can really do to impress the NFL scouts.. the others would be high risk imo...

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:44 am »

It's amazing after a lack of diversity at QB at Arkansas over the last few decades, we could possibly have 3 minority QB's on the roster next season.

opineonswine

• Global Moderator
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 10:01:37 am »

He'll play in F'ville next year.

For LSU.   :P

Matt Ryan

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 10:03:07 am »

"You kidding me Clark?" Wasn't their another highly rated QB in Houston area maybe that family was Razorback as well, and we barely talked to?

haynes king?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2020, 10:03:07 am »

He'll play in F'ville next year.

For LSU.   :P
cant blame him... hopefully Brady leaves for the NFL

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 10:03:47 am »

haynes king?
yep.. thats him.. wore razorback bracelets when he played all last season..lol

liljo

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 10:04:23 am »

This is the way.
TRUTH.

This is the way of the Razorback. Stay loyal, my friends.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 10:06:20 am »

Lets hope him and his family absolutely love and trust Kendal Briles!!!

Hogwild

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 10:07:10 am »

According to their posters, they can't take a grad transfer this year.   They took 2 grad transfers, two years ago, Burrow graduated the other didn't. He left LSU.

porque

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 10:09:51 am »

According to their posters, they can't take a grad transfer this year.   They took 2 grad transfers, two years ago, Burrow graduated the other didn't. He left LSU.

There is a rule about how many grad transfers you can take?

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • GO HOGS! BEAT BLUE!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 10:39:03 am »

Spencer Rattler.

I talked to some Sooner friends/season ticket-holders a couple days ago, and asked who's transferring in for 2020 (mostly joking, not talking about King or anyone). They confirmed that OU is all in on Rattler. Is he a soph or redshirt freshman?

The scenario WE have never had to deal with, so don't know the answer to this—if you bring in the TOP 5-star QB in the country, aren't you sorta obligated to play him quicker? OU isn't in the nice-guy business, so they wouldn't just give Rattler the job. But if you're Rattler, what do you think if another grad transfer shows up with the plan of starting? Does the top-rated QB have that kind of patience?

And yeah, if you want another good kick in the crotch, look up the interview with Spencer and his dad (the U of A grad), who mentioned the fact we didn't call. Given his offer list, I doubt he would have considered us, HOWEVER sometimes that first "in", like a family connection, can lead to something.

Back to King, I like the Briles connection, and I wouldn't ordinarily worry that we're not a top 5 team (like Oregon, LSU, OU), but the problem is, and will be for awhile, we ARE a bottom 5 team. That makes it tough.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 10:40:41 am »

I talked to some Sooner friends/season ticket-holders a couple days ago, and asked who's transferring in for 2020 (mostly joking, not talking about King or anyone). They confirmed that OU is all in on Rattler. Is he a soph or redshirt freshman?

The scenario WE have never had to deal with, so don't know the answer to this—if you bring in the TOP 5-star QB in the country, aren't you sorta obligated to play him quicker? OU isn't in the nice-guy business, so they wouldn't just give Rattler the job. But if you're Rattler, what do you think if another grad transfer shows up with the plan of starting? Does the top-rated QB have that kind of patience?

And yeah, if you want another good kick in the crotch, look up the interview with Spencer and his dad (the U of A grad), who mentioned the fact we didn't call. Given his offer list, I doubt he would have considered us, HOWEVER sometimes that first "in", like a family connection, can lead to something.
he will be a RS Freshman

jerradh24

• Band Nerd
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 10:56:12 am »

If only there were a recruiting forum with multiple threads on this topic...if only.

And, if only those pumped with keyboard bravado could refrain from unwelcome and pompous responses.

I scanned MMQ before posting. I didn't see it mentioned so I shared with the forum.

My mistake was not visiting every HV forum before sharing on MMQ - I will own that mistake.

However, could we tone down the snide remarks toward members of this community who are genuinely trying to engage others in pertinent conversations? This is, after all, a message board where inherently these types of conversations exist. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2020, 11:28:54 am »

Starting to think King could be serious option.... a little birdy sat on my shoulder and told me a certain player could potentially transfer out if thats the case. Change of heart from the previous words ive gotten from him. Could all just be talk though.

liljo

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 11:30:37 am »

Starting to think King could be serious option.... a little birdy sat on my shoulder and told me a certain player could potentially transfer out if thats the case. Change of heart from the previous words ive gotten from him. Could all just be talk though.
Is the "certain player" a QB? Or...say it ain't so... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Snouty

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 11:33:20 am »

Amazing how much information those little birdies have.

TrueBlue

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 11:35:23 am »

Spencer Rattler.

Hearing this just proves Arkansas is snake-bit.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:57:38 pm by TrueBlue »

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2020, 11:36:30 am »

Is the "certain player" a QB? Or...say it ain't so... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
certain QB. Could just be talk though.

liljo

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2020, 11:38:42 am »

Understood.

Thanks for clarifyin'! I'm sure it was pretty clear to everyone else, but sometimes my mind can't get out of park.

rinds

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2020, 11:43:47 am »

Then this QB needs to go, If this player is putting himself above the best interest of the players around him he doesn't need to be here.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 11:46:36 am »

Back to King, I like the Briles connection, and I wouldn't ordinarily worry that we're not a top 5 team (like Oregon, LSU, OU), but the problem is, and will be for awhile, we ARE a bottom 5 team. That makes it tough.
This is certainly true.  But how often can you bring in a transfer to displace your recruits?  Especially a 5 star recruit.

Pennywise

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2020, 11:46:48 am »

This. Don’t believe the propaganda. I told these folks over and over Bryant wasn’t coming here. I was tar and feathered. And yet....

robs4516

• Varsity
  • Ohhhh mercy! Yes we got to beat that competition.
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2020, 11:48:38 am »

However, could we tone down the snide remarks toward members of this community who are genuinely trying to engage others in pertinent conversations? This is, after all, a message board where inherently these types of conversations exist. 

You obviously don't know how the interwebs work.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2020, 11:53:46 am »

Then this QB needs to go, If this player is putting himself above the best interest of the players around him he doesn't need to be here.
lol

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • GO HOGS! BEAT BLUE!
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2020, 01:06:08 pm »

This is certainly true.  But how often can you bring in a transfer to displace your recruits?  Especially a 5 star recruit.

Yes, that's the thing here. You can tell your (freshman) 4-star quarterback of the future to sit behind a seasoned senior/grad transfer and make it sound good. But different story here—that won't fly for long to THE TOP quarterback in the country.

In listening to Rattler, he sounds very smart, very savvy, not like a pissy primadonna. But there's no way he'd stay put, if OU brought in another guy to start ahead of him, is there?

rinds

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2020, 01:09:53 pm »

lol

Oh, so you think we should turn away a proven starting senior away because it might make a RFR who we don't know if they can start mad? now that is funny.

PorkSoda

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2020, 01:12:10 pm »

King will be here one year.  Since when did QB's stop committing to teams that already have QB's.

nobody is just handed the starting role, whoever it is, King/Hornsby/KJ will still have to earn the job.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2020, 01:16:52 pm »

Oh, so you think we should turn away a proven starting senior away because it might make a RFR who we don't know if they can start mad? now that is funny.
nope I also dont think we should run our mouths about the kid either... What Jefferson would be doing is what King is doing.. leaving his original school... hard to trash one and celebrate the other. In this day and age with the transfer rules kids should do whats best for them first and foremost. This is their future being played with.. not ours behind some keyboard.

HogPharmer

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2020, 01:17:05 pm »

Anxiously awaiting PRJ’s take on the subject.

rinds

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2020, 01:26:34 pm »

nope I also dont think we should run our mouths about the kid either... What Jefferson would be doing is what King is doing.. leaving his original school... hard to trash one and celebrate the other. In this day and age with the transfer rules kids should do whats best for them first and foremost. This is their future being played with.. not ours behind some keyboard.

No one ran our mouth, you brought him up. The thread was about King coming here, not Jefferson leaving. I haven't read all the threads but I don't remember seeing one that even mentioned him. Jefferson IMO would gain greatly from working behind a proven QB. My response was to your thread that someone would leave if King came. So be it, didn't say anything about liking anyone leaving.

Hawgphat

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2020, 02:10:25 pm »

King will be here one year.  Since when did QB's stop committing to teams that already have QB's.

nobody is just handed the starting role, whoever it is, King/Hornsby/KJ will still have to earn the job.

Yep.  And I don't consider it to be an enviable situation to be in wherein a particular QB gets the starting job simply because he's THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PROFICIENTLY DO THE JOB.

Pancetta

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2020, 02:15:50 pm »

OU can bring in a grad transfer without worrying about Spencer Rattler going anywhere else.  He played in 2 games this past year so if he transferred he would have to sit out a year so he wouldn't be able to play until his Jr year.  He'd be much better off battling for the job than sitting out another year.  And most likely even if he didn't get to start the season opener, the starter is most likely going to get injured at some point. 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas