• 10,747,900 Posts
• 420,049 Topics
• 24,696 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The "other" Jalen Harris  (Read 1167 times)

PittOdomBriles

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
The "other" Jalen Harris
« on: January 14, 2020, 08:20:46 am »

The Nevada one.  Is basically a Mason Jones clone.  IF Mason leaves after this year I would love to replace him with this Jalen Harris as a GT.  TBH i could see us taking him even if Mason and Joe come back to take over for Whitt and be that 3rd interchangeable piece- we know Muss likes players like this as he tried to add the Iowa transfer to add more scoring punch.  He would be more valuable then someone like Henderson or our Jalen Harris if we need to make room

Mason Jones - 6-5 200 Jr Desoto, TX

GP   MIN   FG%   3P%   FT%   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF   TO   PTS
14   33.4   45.4   36.0   92.1    6.1    3.3    0.3   2.0   2.9  3.4   19.4

Jalen Harris - 6-5 195 Jr Dallas, TX

GP   MIN   FG%   3P%   FT%   REB   AST   BLK   STL   PF   TO   PTS
16   31.0   42.1   35.3   84.2    6.3    3.9    0.2    1.0   2.0  2.3  18.3

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
Re: The "other" Jalen Harris
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 10:16:20 am »

Looks like a good player.  We do have 4 guards coming in next season.  I donít anticipate Mason Jones leaving. Even if he does, I feel good with J5, Sills, Notae and 3 freshman guards.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Smithian

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:44 am »

If Mason Jones returns, they're not recruiting another ball dominant lead guard.

If he does leave in addition to Joe, there are always going to be explosive options in transfer market. We now have a coach who made his living vulturing the transfer portal, so I'd like to see what he does.

sielwolf099

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:04:42 am »

Yep, watch a lot of Nevada games and this kid is a baller. He's one you definitely "make room" for on the roster.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 08:14:59 pm »

I thought it was neat and interesting that Muss did not seem to go after any of the Nevada players for transfer or grad transfer at the end of last season after taking the Razorbacks job.  Players like Jazz Johnson or Lindsey Drew would have been eligible for grad transfer and Johnson can really shoot the ball.  It will be interesting to see if there is any mutual interest after the end of the season and if Harris is interested in playing on a team closer to home, and a team that has a chance to go far and up in competition. He would be a high commodity for team if he decides to grad transfer.  Based on where he is from, I wonder if there is any familiarity with Mason Jones from high school and AAU ball.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 08:16:21 pm »

When I saw this I thought it was going to compare non con Jalen Harris to conference play Jalen Harris

cardinalhawg

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 09:59:48 pm »

I watched some highlights of the "other" Jalen Harris and Austin Reaves from this year.  There may be a bit of interest on either regarding grad transferring or playing another year of college and I would expect the situation of Reaves is a bit better at Oklahoma.  Harris will lose a number of key teammates this season, so maybe greener pastures would be appealing.  Harris is a more athletic and dunking version of Jones and like Jones can score at three levels.  I think he and Jones would work fine together on the court and allow the other to be even more versatile and play off the ball and from different positions on the court.  If all were here, I think Muss would be great with a lineup of Joe, Jones, Moody, Harris, and a big or if going small ball another guard, but most of the time a big.  Harris can play some point or point forward.  That combination of four would give him a position less type lineup with a good mix of guys with versatile offensive strengths.  I would say the same of Austin Reaves as well as he is doing well from two point range.  Both Harris and Reaves are rebounding well with the edge to Harris both in rebounding and assists and both seem to share the ball well.  Harris is putting up some good assist numbers especially for a scorer.  Both have a similar defensive rating.  Both are good free throw shooters.  Reaves is the better distance shooter, although Harris is a decent to good three point shooter.  Reaves percentage is lower than Harris and is down this year from distance, but that is more of an anomaly IMO.  Reaves has added good weight and is stronger and more filled out now.

I know the argument and concern would be the other guards we have and that could be a factor on either end regarding any of grad transfer possibilities as would if certain spots come open depending on who vacated by, but I am trying to think of ways for the team to go from being good to great and elite.

Harris played at Duncanville and that is a big rival of Desoto, even though I know Jones played some at Triple A Academy.  They would be familiar with each other.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas