• 10,794,538 Posts
• 421,212 Topics
• 24,753 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: San Francisco 49er's  (Read 369 times)

LAHogfan123

San Francisco 49er's
« on: January 11, 2020, 04:10:45 pm »

I used to follow the Niners religiously throughout the career of Montana, Lott, Rice, and Craig.  Bill Walsh with the West Coast Offense brought about a change to the NFL there in San Francisco that few could match during that time.  I lost interest in them once Montana and Lott left, they were my players back in the day.  I'm pulling for San Francisco this year because I really don't have a team anymore in the NFL, and with Dre now with the Niners and having such a great season, I'm hoping he has a chance to play for a Super Bowl ring.

RebelliousHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
Re: San Francisco 49er's
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:10:26 pm »

If it's the Packers, no can do.

If it's the Seahawks I'll prolly pull for the 9ers.

Chiefs and Ravens are both VERY dangerous teams. Not sure any of the 3 left in the NFC can beat either one, including my Packers.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

latrops

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 01:06:44 pm »

If it's the Packers, no can do.

If it's the Seahawks I'll prolly pull for the 9ers.

Chiefs and Ravens are both VERY dangerous teams. Not sure any of the 3 left in the NFC can beat either one, including my Packers.

Reid has a reputation for underperforming in the playoffs.  With the Ravens and Patriots out he has to make it to the Super Bowl.

The 49ers are the most complete team in the league.  They can win throwing, running, and/or with defense.  They aren't dominant though, so you can't be too confident in them.  They are probably the best bet now, but not by much.

Buff

• Gold Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 01:59:00 pm »

At least they won't have to deal with the Ravens.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 03:01:23 pm »

Titans and 49ers look like the best teams at this moment.  KC looking like typical KC in a big game. 

latrops

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 05:21:17 pm »

Titans and 49ers look like the best teams at this moment.  KC looking like typical KC in a big game.

Fell behind 24-0, went on 51-7 run.  From down 24-0 after 1 quarter to up 28-24 at halftime.  What a sudden and complete turnaround.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 06:56:13 pm »

Fell behind 24-0, went on 51-7 run.  From down 24-0 after 1 quarter to up 28-24 at halftime.  What a sudden and complete turnaround.

Was a blast to watch.

RebelliousHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 07:22:30 pm »

Hence my comment about the Chiefs. Very dangerous.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:37:02 pm »

The chiefs have the best player in the NFL... thatís worth a lot in big games.. not sure any team left can score enough to beat the chiefs. Chiefs will have to have a bad game to lose imo.

EastexHawg

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 10:12:21 pm »

The chiefs have the best player in the NFL... thatís worth a lot in big games.. not sure any team left can score enough to beat the chiefs. Chiefs will have to have a bad game to lose imo.

Yes, they have the player.  He won't win the MVP this year, but Mahomes is the best QB in the league and I think the overall best player.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 11:47:51 pm »

I'm calling it right now, the 49er's are going to win the Super Bowl. Dre Greenlaw has had a great rookie season this year and I'm looking forward to him winning a Super Bowl ring. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 07:58:33 am »

I'm calling it right now, the 49er's are going to win the Super Bowl. Dre Greenlaw has had a great rookie season this year and I'm looking forward to him winning a Super Bowl ring. 
Not sure anyone is slowing down Patrick Mahomes..

EastexHawg

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 08:27:09 am »

Not sure anyone is slowing down Patrick Mahomes..

Once he got healthy we were all reminded again of the kind of talent we are watching right now.  If he stays healthy and his career continues on this trajectory...

Actually we've never seen this trajectory.

The Super Bowl is going to be a challenge for both teams.  The 49ers' defense is tremendous.

Buff

• Gold Hogvillian
  • My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2020, 01:57:32 pm »

Once he got healthy we were all reminded again of the kind of talent we are watching right now.  If he stays healthy and his career continues on this trajectory...

Actually we've never seen this trajectory.

I'm a die hard Green Bay fan, and honestly just a homer.  There are one or two more seasons where I'll be able to say I'd take Rodgers over Mahomes. 

I'd love to see Mahomes take the pay cut ala Brady in order to keep a championship caliber team around him for so many years.

EastexHawg

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2020, 11:19:47 pm »

I'm a die hard Green Bay fan, and honestly just a homer.  There are one or two more seasons where I'll be able to say I'd take Rodgers over Mahomes. 

I'd love to see Mahomes take the pay cut ala Brady in order to keep a championship caliber team around him for so many years.

Mahomes is going to have to put together a few more seasons before we can say he has had a better career than Rodgers or a few others.  What I mean about trajectory is 11 TD passes and zero interceptions in his first four playoff games.  No one has ever done that.  Most TD passes through 35 games of any QB in history.  Most passing yards in history through 35 games. 

He's doing things that have never been done.  That's the trajectory that I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas