• 10,953,569 Posts
• 425,662 Topics
• 24,871 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RD saying more good news today.  (Read 13014 times)

HelpDaHogs

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: RD saying more good news today.
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2020, 01:00:24 am »

Could it be Eric Thomas is committing to the hogs? This is my guess on who RD was referring to

https://247sports.com/player/eric-thomas-46097736/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7626958/Eric-Thomas-Jr

online-with-swine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Blah, Blah, Blah
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2020, 08:29:17 am »

Kid looks impressive.  6’3” but long arms.  Nice speed off the edge and aggressive.   Wonder why so few offers?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2020, 08:41:23 am »

In the internet age, the news about Tutt is old news now.. what could he be talking about? That's a comedown. Good news, but you won't be as excited???

I never even reported Tutt was in the transfer portal. The kid was a senior here last season so he is finished here. With his knees I hope he stops playing at any level.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2020, 10:21:21 am »

It would be a real kicker!

We have two real kickers. One of them was plinking 55 yarders last week with James Wilhoit. He would have probably been punting for Vandy last year if his dad wasn’t such a Razorbacks fan. Another one was 33-41 on FG attempts at UTSA in two years and has two years left.

Like a coach (not Arkansas) told my son on an in-home visit - “My job every year is to find someone better than you.”

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2020, 10:40:09 am »

We have two real kickers. One of them was plinking 55 yarders last week with James Wilhoit. He would have probably been punting for Vandy last year if his dad wasn’t such a Razorbacks fan. Another one was 33-41 on FG attempts at UTSA in two years and has two years left.

Like a coach (not Arkansas) told my son on an in-home visit - “My job every year is to find someone better than you.”

It was a play on words as there is a PWO enrolling at mid-term that is a kicker. As you said, the coach’s job is to always find your replacement. I have no idea who will be the kickers this year, competition will decide that.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2020, 11:30:26 am »

It was a play on words as there is a PWO enrolling at mid-term that is a kicker. As you said, the coach’s job is to always find your replacement. I have no idea who will be the kickers this year, competition will decide that.

I didn’t know about the PWO enrolling at mid-term but that would interest me!

I thought you were making a presumption based on PWO. As everyone knows, almost every kicker has to walk on if he wants to play for a P5 school. Ironically, it’s much easier for a kicker to get a scholarship out of high school to a G5 or FCS school.  It’s a system that has developed in the 21st century and that’s just the way it is. I looked recently at a bunch of NFL kickers. Most started as PWOs, like Dan Bailey.

My comment was directed at your reference to a “real kicker”.  Tanner Burns recruited some really good placekickers at Arkansas.  That includes Cole Hedlund, Connor Limpert and Blake Mazza. Tanner recruited Matthew to replace Connor. He’s traveled with the team for two years backing up all three kicking positions.  Barry Lunney talked a couple of times last year about what Matthew brings to the team. James Wilhoit said he was the best combo kicker in Tennessee’s 2018 class. Matthew has been working awfully hard for two years to earn the starting spot.  He definitely is a “real kicker” with SEC caliber skills.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2020, 11:49:54 am »

I thought you were making a presumption based on PWO. As everyone knows, almost every kicker has to walk on if he wants to play for a P5 school. Ironically, it’s much easier for a kicker to get a scholarship out of high school to a G5 or FCS school.  It’s a system that has developed in the 21st century and that’s just the way it is. I looked recently at a bunch of NFL kickers. Most started as PWOs, like Dan Bailey.

My comment was directed at your reference to a “real kicker”.  Tanner Burns recruited some really good placekickers at Arkansas.  That includes Cole Hedlund, Connor Limpert and Blake Mazza. Tanner recruited Matthew to replace Connor. He’s traveled with the team for two years backing up all three kicking positions.  Barry Lunney talked a couple of times last year about what Matthew brings to the team. James Wilhoit said he was the best combo kicker in Tennessee’s 2018 class. Matthew has been working awfully hard for two years to earn the starting spot.  He definitely is a “real kicker” with SEC caliber skills.

Ease up Dad, again “real kicker” had nothing to do with the ability of our current kickers, just a play on words over the potential “good” news. Heck, he may not be enrolling, I figure it would be announced by now.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2020, 12:22:08 pm »

I seem to remember that Nutt offered him a schollie & when he pulled it Bailey went to OkieSt & became an AA

Pennywise

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2020, 12:33:48 pm »

If it’s not a 4 or 5 star, I’m not going to get too excited.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2020, 12:51:11 pm »

Ease up Dad, again “real kicker” had nothing to do with the ability of our current kickers, just a play on words over the potential “good” news. Heck, he may not be enrolling, I figure it would be announced by now.

Not sure what you mean by “ease up”.  The play-on-words seems a stretch to me. No big deal.  Don’t want the folks here to think we don’t already have two good placekickers on campus already.

LL COOL HOG

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2020, 12:55:07 pm »

Did you guys ever think this is not about a recruit?

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2020, 12:58:51 pm »

I seem to remember that Nutt offered him a schollie & when he pulled it Bailey went to OkieSt & became an AA

As I understand it, Bailey walked on and relied on an academic scholarship at Arkansas. He lost the kicking job and his academic scholarship, left school for a year, and walked on at Oklahoma State, where he later earned a scholarship.

brenthog

• Senior
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2020, 09:09:35 pm »

If it’s a kicker. Gotta be Ray Finkle Jr.

Wildhog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2020, 09:40:49 pm »

We’ve won four games in two years.  Just give me someone with other SEC offers.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2020, 10:06:39 pm »

If it’s a kicker. Gotta be Ray Finkle Jr.
He's no good unless the laces are out.

Pennywise

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2020, 05:56:59 am »

We’ve won four games in two years.  Just give me someone with other SEC offers.

Lol. I can get behind that.

But this board imploded when coach B only signed 3 star players.

Hawgphat

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2020, 01:22:42 pm »

Having endured successive dismal debacles under John L. Smith, Brett Bielema and Chad Morris have our program "seeing stars" in a most distressing and disheartening manner.  My hopes are now pinned to the "star-MAKING" talents of SP and his staff.  I'm fervently hoping that they are fully dedicated to "reaching for the stars".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas