• 10,930,961 Posts
• 425,080 Topics
• 24,860 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bag man Article referencing Arkansas  (Read 885 times)

LRHawg

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Get in the Pitt Viper!
Bag man Article referencing Arkansas
« on: January 13, 2020, 02:55:15 pm »

Not sure if this should be here or in MMQ, but anyways, this article references our 2-10 season and how we must obviously be handing out cash, based on our current 2019 recruiting class. Author seems a bit dimwitted to me, not so sure this year's class would indicate we're suddenly paying players.

https://goodmenproject.com/sports/college-footballs-best-kept-secret-the-bag-man-crnr-cmtt/

Reservoir Hogs

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Bag man Article referencing Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:00:07 pm »

Not sure if this should be here or in MMQ, but anyways, this article references our 2-10 season and how we must obviously be handing out cash, based on our current 2019 recruiting class. Author seems a bit dimwitted to me, not so sure this year's class would indicate we're suddenly paying players.

https://goodmenproject.com/sports/college-footballs-best-kept-secret-the-bag-man-crnr-cmtt/

What an idiot.  Guy is writing a novel about college football recruiting and had never heard the term bagman before?  Stopped reading there.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pudgepork

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »

Eli was born in Forrest City,  I think, and his parents were high school teachers.  They moved to Russellville when Eli was under 6 yrs old..   i met his parents just before they moved.  When i mentioned them to anyone, people gushed about how terrific teachers they were.

The next time i saw elis name was a headline in the ADG.  He was a qb at a small Arkansas  college and breaking records.

Now, here his name again.  Small world.  I'd have rather he not include Arkansas name in this way unless he has proof.  At times just a suggestion tilts opinions.  I know there are a state fans that would run with the hint

311Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:15:35 pm »

this is from last year...

runninrazorback

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 03:16:14 pm »

Oh yea, we're paying players all right... god what an idiot.  You got the wrong UA bro.

Edit:

Just saw this was last year.  Who dug that up?

LRHawg

• Get in the Pitt Viper!
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:29 pm »

Eli was born in Forrest City,  I think, and his parents were high school teachers.  They moved to Russellville when Eli was under 6 yrs old..   i met his parents just before they moved.  When i mentioned them to anyone, people gushed about how terrific teachers they were.

The next time i saw elis name was a headline in the ARG.  He was a qb at a small Arkansas  college and breaking records.

Now, here his name again.  Small world.  I'd have rather he not include Arkansas name in this way unless he has proof.  At times just a suggestion tilts opinions.  I know there are a state fans that would run with the hint

The silly thing is the assumption this class is so unexpectedly amazing. You'd think if we were cheating we'd be pulling in an Nkemdeche, Tunsil, Treadway, etc like Ole Miss's pants-on-fire class from 2013 that was obviously the first year of several where the bag men were out in full force.

Nothing but HOGS

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:07 pm »

And he doesn’t know who is playing in the championship game

kingofdequeen

• Gold Hogvillian
  • CJK5H
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:26 pm »

so he takes and regurgitates parts of Godfrey's book from 3-4 years ago and says the hogs are cheating b/c they're not Bama or Clemson?

nice blog post, Eli.

LRHawg

• Get in the Pitt Viper!
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 03:19:01 pm »

Just saw this was last year.  Who dug that up?

Sorry about that, I saw January 6th, 2019, and that registered as 7 days ago ... my brain apparently has not entered 2020 yet.  ???

Pudgepork

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 03:23:33 pm »

The silly thing is the assumption this class is so unexpectedly amazing. You'd think if we were cheating we'd be pulling in an Nkemdeche, Tunsil, Treadway, etc like Ole Miss's pants-on-fire class from 2013 that was obviously the first year of several where the bag men were out in full force.

Yeah, that fits regardless of which year he is referring to.  As I read I was thinking about this years class.  While there are some good players, not bagman type players.

Last yrs class, Burks, Knox, and who?.. could possibly have attracted bagmen?

He's pimping book sales regardless of the shadows he casts

Snouty

• Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 04:05:06 pm »

If we have a bagman, he's not earning his keep.

oldman1015

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 04:07:18 pm »

If we have a bagman, he's not earning his keep.
Bingo

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 06:03:50 pm »

ours just has a bag... no money
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas