• 10,747,808 Posts
• 420,047 Topics
• 24,696 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chamblee warned...  (Read 532 times)

GolfNut57

Chamblee warned...
« on: January 09, 2020, 08:48:21 pm »

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/28454565/stop-calling-patrick-reed-cheater

Guess Chamblee better watch his own ass. He thinks he is a bigger deal than he really is in the world of golf.

Dillar Dog

Re: Chamblee warned...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 09:07:54 pm »

I like that he has the stones to call a cheater a cheater.

Wish more guys were like that.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:55:58 am »

This is great for Golf Channel and its ratings - a feud!  Reed's attorney's letter makes for good television and debate, but there's not a darn thing he can do.  What's he suggesting, a slander lawsuit?  Calling somebody a cheater isn't slander unless Reed can prove he didn't cheat, and how's he going to do that?  I'm sure Chamblee knows this so I don't expect him to tone down the rhetoric much, if at all.

But I'd love to see a steel cage match between the two.  Reed would mess up that immaculate hair of Chamblee's and it would be all over.

GolfNut57

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 04:08:48 pm »

This is great for Golf Channel and its ratings - a feud!  Reed's attorney's letter makes for good television and debate, but there's not a darn thing he can do.  What's he suggesting, a slander lawsuit?  Calling somebody a cheater isn't slander unless Reed can prove he didn't cheat, and how's he going to do that?  I'm sure Chamblee knows this so I don't expect him to tone down the rhetoric much, if at all.

But I'd love to see a steel cage match between the two.  Reed would mess up that immaculate hair of Chamblee's and it would be all over.

Well it goes to the defamation of character issue. And if one wants to call someone else out on their character, they best make sure their own character is beyond reproach. And imo Chamblee has no real room to talk. He is just a frustrated blowhard that didn't have the talent to make it on the PGA tour himself. So he has to take the route of acting holier than thou.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 04:59:54 pm »

To label someone something in this instance, would it need to be a pattern though and not a one time thing...legally speaking?

ricepig

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 05:14:03 pm »

To label someone something in this instance, would it need to be a pattern though and not a one time thing...legally speaking?

We label JíRabb and MartyGit as ambulance chasers, I think we have established the pattern. Oh never mind, you were talking about Chamblee.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2020, 06:23:40 pm »

Well it goes to the defamation of character issue. And if one wants to call someone else out on their character, they best make sure their own character is beyond reproach. And imo Chamblee has no real room to talk. He is just a frustrated blowhard that didn't have the talent to make it on the PGA tour himself. So he has to take the route of acting holier than thou.

He has plenty of room to talk because that's what they pay him to do.

Good for him. I wish more of those guys had the guts to speak their minds.

Dropkick

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2020, 07:35:21 pm »

Chamblee is basically Johnny Miller with no talent

Boog41

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 07:35:25 pm »

Thing is this isnít a one time thing for either party. Chamblee has been a dick for years and Reed has been accused of cheating before also.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 10:18:48 am »

We label JíRabb and MartyGit as ambulance chasers, I think we have established the pattern. Oh never mind, you were talking about Chamblee.

Careful or youíll have your pond privileges revoked this summer.   >:(

Boog41

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 11:00:28 am »

Anyone heard if Chamblee has said anything about the letter?

porque

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2020, 09:15:48 am »

Boog41

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 09:49:23 am »

His response is in this article.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/28454565/lawyer-warns-brandel-chamblee-stop-calling-patrick-reed-cheater

Thanks Porque

I don't like either Chamblee, or Reed. In this instance, the tour didn't think Reed had cheated, thus he was given a two stroke penalty rather than being DQ'd. Chamblee should have kept his pie hole shut because of that.

ricepig

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 10:38:04 am »

Thanks Porque

I don't like either Chamblee, or Reed. In this instance, the tour didn't think Reed had cheated, thus he was given a two stroke penalty rather than being DQ'd. Chamblee should have kept his pie hole shut because of that.

My youngest is/was a Jr golfer, he just finished up his high school career. The amount of cheating that goes on is kind of ridiculous. Two years ago our team won their conference tournament because a player on another team changed his scorecard after it was signed after the round. The thing is, he didnít have to improve the two strokes, they would have won wth his original score. This year at the state tournament, same thing, a kid thought he needed a 1 stroke improvement to make the top 3 and make it to the Overall tournament, nope, it wouldnít have mattered. It cost his team the championship, letting us slide into first place, and dropped them to third as they had to take their last place golferís score. I canít tell you the numerous times during matches when guys would save they made a ď5Ē when they had a ď6Ē. I asked my son why he didnít say anything, he would say, ďDad, we beat them by 25 strokes, it didnít matter.Ē

To me, it was just setting a bad precedent for the kids, thinking they could change things for the better, when in reality, you canít. What was crazy on the two above incidents, there were monitors who wrote everyoneís score down after each hole, so they should have known they couldnít get away with it.

Boog41

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 10:45:14 am »

Thatís some sad stuff Rice. I donít get how anyone could feel good about themselves knowing they had cheated.

Back to the Camblee/reed mess for a sec. I personally think Reed probably knew what he was doing, but because of the ruling is why I donít think Chamblee should have called him out by name.

ricepig

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 10:58:59 am »

Thatís some sad stuff Rice. I donít get how anyone could feel good about themselves knowing they had cheated.

Back to the Camblee/reed mess for a sec. I personally think Reed probably knew what he was doing, but because of the ruling is why I donít think Chamblee should have called him out by name.

Well, Reed doesnít have a stellar reputation, it started back from when he was dismissed from UGA. I really donít have a huge problem with it, but Chamblee can be a prick at times.

Boog41

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 11:02:10 am »

Well, Reed doesnít have a stellar reputation, it started back from when he was dismissed from UGA. I really donít have a huge problem with it, but Chamblee can be a prick at times.

Exactly right on both counts.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 11:05:10 am »

The best thing about Chamblee is that he's 58 and married to a 33 year old. 

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 11:26:16 am »

A few years ago he and Frank Nobilo got into it on a broadcast.  I think it was during the PGA at Valhalla that Rory won, but they were discussing a point and, of course, Nobilo took the sensible opinion and Chamblee basically called him an idiot for it.  The look on Nobilo's face was priceless.  It said, "I could squash you like a bug, you little pipsqueak."  My money would have been on Nobilo in that fight.

GolfNut57

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 11:41:40 am »

Pics or its fake news..... 8)

Boog41

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 12:02:15 pm »

A few years ago he and Frank Nobilo got into it on a broadcast.  I think it was during the PGA at Valhalla that Rory won, but they were discussing a point and, of course, Nobilo took the sensible opinion and Chamblee basically called him an idiot for it.  The look on Nobilo's face was priceless.  It said, "I could squash you like a bug, you little pipsqueak."  My money would have been on Nobilo in that fight.

I remember that. Too bad Nob didnít take him out like Jim ďChrisĒ Everett did to Jim Rome.

GolfNut57

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:54 pm »

I remember that. Too bad Nob didnít take him out like Jim ďChrisĒ Everett did to Jim Rome.

Chamblee reminds me of one of those small lap dogs that just yap all day, will bite you on the ankle given the chance and then go pee in the corner.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 01:00:46 pm »

hell i kinda like chamblee now.

Boog41

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2020, 01:13:59 pm »

You must like rectal itch also. :)

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2020, 01:16:27 pm »

Every superhero needs a nemesis.

Superman - Lex Luthor
Batman - Joker
Captain America - Brandel Chamblee

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 01:36:17 pm »

Chamblee is a dick.

Reed is a cheater.

Lawyers gonna lawyer.

Dropkick

• I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 04:58:40 pm »

telling................

Dillar Dog

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 07:10:58 pm »

Chamblee is a dick.

Reed is a cheater.

Lawyers gonna lawyer.

Facts

At least chamblee has guts

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 09:14:37 am »

Pics or its fake news..... 8)
I can't post pictures from work.  Just google up Bailey Mosier from the Golf Channel. She's not a supermodel or anything but she is a cutie.

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 10:25:09 pm »

[CENSORED] never like men who express their opinions unapologetically and who are mostly right to boot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas