• 10,887,614 Posts
• 423,970 Topics
• 24,841 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunter Yurachek...I salute you!  (Read 1001 times)

Maximus Tusk

• Varsity
  • Surfing the sky at Mt. Magazine
Hunter Yurachek...I salute you!
« on: December 23, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »

So let's recap. For far too long, our basketball and football programs have been stuck in mediocrity (basketball) and flat out hit rock bottom in football. The Mike Anderson hire was a mistake from the get go and to make things worse, no one was willing to make a change. Didn't necessarily set the program back but absolutely kept it from flourishing. Apathy set in and as fans, the excitement was fading away. Enter new AD Hunter Yurachek. He quickly assesses the basketball program, where we've been, where we are and where we are going. He made a decision (the right one in my view). Mediocrity will not be accepted at the University of Arkansas. During the coaching search, the drama on this message board was absolutely entertaining but what we found out is that Hunter Yurachek has a process HE uses to select who would be best to lead the program forward. And he does NOT leak out what he's doing. Also, I don't know this for a fact, but he is in charge. That is to say, the influence from anyone who is not AD has been diminished. I don't think we could have hired a better basketball coach to lead our Razorbacks. We're going to take some lumps this year because of the talent level but this is a WELL COACHED TEAM! With recent recruiting success, I think the sky's the limit and it is exciting!
Now to football. Since the BP days, the football program has been in free fall with one bad coaching choice after another. The last hire was a guy with not a single P5 win on his resume and a losing record as a head coach. NOTHING that says "hey, we want this guy to lead our football team". The fans, on here at least knew this was an awful hire! Yet, the powers that be knew better. They have the money you know. Think about this. As bad as the football program has sunk, not that many weeks ago, the debate was if Chad Morris could win the Western KY game he may and should ( in a lot of people's minds) keep his job. If anyone wants to know what rock bottom for an SEC football program looks like, there it is! Enter Hunter Yurachek...again. Just like the basketball coaching search, hogville went banana's. And also like the bb search, he kept things to himself and did it his way. I couldn't be happier or more excited for both sports. It's a tough hill to climb but I believe we have the right coaching staffs in place to get it done and an AD who is VERY good at his job.

#1 STUNNA

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: Hunter Yurachek...I salute you!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 05:06:43 pm »

Give HY a raise!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Arazorbackguy1

• Alive!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 05:07:50 pm »

What I see when there are no paragraphs....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRayBiggersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10-12xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIjuststephenhillxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvinascolesexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

davril98

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 05:08:58 pm »

Viva Hunter Yurachek!!

younghog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Keep em coming
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 05:09:39 pm »

"The Mike Anderson hire was a mistake from the get go and to make things worse"

Wrong there

Ray_Finkle

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 05:20:09 pm »

Didnít read....

Arazorbackguy1

• Alive!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2019, 05:21:40 pm »

Laces out

my3boneheads

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2019, 05:47:35 pm »

"The Mike Anderson hire was a mistake from the get go and to make things worse"

Wrong there

The Mike Anderson era fixed most of the problems from Pelphrey and Heath hires along with the sour attitudes when Nolan left. 

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2019, 05:50:29 pm »

Agree with everything except the Anderson part. Anderson turned the program around and left it in good shape for muss

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »

Muss will take us to new heights we haven't seen since the 90s, but Anderson wasn't trash and will always be a hog

ifghog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 05:56:49 pm »

Muss will take us to new heights we haven't seen since the 90s, but Anderson wasn't trash and will always be a hog
Fully agree with this statement

golfinpig

• Varsity
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 05:58:46 pm »

Anderson was a great guy but a very mediocre coach and even worse recruiter and roster manager. If he were still here we would have been lucky to get one of the 5 Arkansas kids. I hope he has success at St Johns but glad heís gone.

VBMark

• Senior
  • It's time to put a lil' WPS on somebody
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2019, 11:07:22 am »

Anderson was a great guy but a very mediocre coach and even worse recruiter and roster manager. If he were still here we would have been lucky to get one of the 5 Arkansas kids. I hope he has success at St Johns but glad heís gone.

THIS!!!

Good luck SJU and Mike A.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas