Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welp  (Read 14121 times)

porkrindjimmy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
Re: Welp
« Reply #400 on: December 15, 2019, 09:49:10 pm »

All I wish, Jimmy is that some of these folks would admit you were right all along and if they aren’t big enough to apologize then at least just admit you were the only one right and move on to something else. 

Doesn't matter OTR. Water under the bridge. I struck out. The bottom of the 9th...came up snake eyes.

What you need to do is tell this blumpkin or blimpkin feller how a 75.00 trucker special is a hell of a deal.

These are the matters at hand today that are pressing. He probably thought he was gonna shake me and PITP down.....

I offered a fair deal.

PRJ

ballz2thewall

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2019, 09:51:02 pm »

Lol.

Yep. We actually did hire Kiffin but planted him as a Manchuria Candidate at Ole Miss to knock off Alabama next season and clear the way for us to win the West after Ed Orgeron chokes on a 4 lb boudin ball in the French Quarter.

dig the gif/ava man.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Nipsey Mussle

• My English Mastiff and #1 Hog fan, Maizy
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2019, 09:58:12 pm »

Yeah, and you know the narrative will be one that pushes the idea that HY played Sexton.  It is entertaining, though.
Like I said, if OM fans were spouting that narrative, the same ones believing it would be laughing at them.

Most seem to want to believe it so that they feel we were in control, some just want to find some way to believe PRJ's info was valid.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2019, 10:02:41 pm »

Doesn't matter OTR. Water under the bridge. I struck out. The bottom of the 9th...came up snake eyes.

What you need to do is tell this blumpkin or blimpkin feller how a 75.00 trucker special is a hell of a deal.

These are the matters at hand today that are pressing. He probably thought he was gonna shake me and PITP down.....

I offered a fair deal.

PRJ
Throw in a bootleg CD of Gary Stewart's greatest hits and close the deal, Jimmy.  Nobody in their right mind could refuse that.

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2019, 10:05:48 pm »

Really glad that Kiffin, for whatever reason, is not here.  Pittman will be here a long time and that's what we need.

Pittman will also win while he's staying and get better each year.  Tiffin would win early and be flashy but leave in three or four years without setting up/leaving us with a solid foundation—like Petrino. 

That's not what this program needs right now.

We got the man who has a great chance to become a legend here.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »

Throw in a bootleg CD of Gary Stewart's greatest hits and close the deal, Jimmy.  Nobody in their right mind could refuse that.

I could probably swing that deal.

For 80.00, I'll throw in a vinyl of Moe Bandys "I just started hating cheating songs".

You can't beat that deal anywhere.

Ever seen PITP in a damn mink coat? And hell, in this Polaroid colorized 8×10, he is wearing it in all it's glory and hell, i got a pair of pink gator boots I'm sporting in it....

Finest deal on the market today.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2019, 10:09:14 pm »

Really glad that Kiffin, for whatever reason, is not here.  Pittman will be here a long time and that's what we need.

Pittman will also win while he's staying and get better each year.  Tiffin would win early and be flashy but leave in three or four years without setting up/leaving us with a solid foundation—like Petrino. 

That's not what this program needs right now.

We got the man who has a great chance to become a legend here.

Man...I hope you are right on the money.

PRJ

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2019, 10:15:28 pm »

You are dead on correct except Sexton came back to Hunter about an hour later and said Lane still wanted the job....

The boat had already set sail.

PRJ

In the end Olepiss got screwed getting Kiffin (Sexton) and that's a very good thing. Gotta love the way HY works.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Come to the Dark Side
« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2019, 10:33:12 pm »

In the end Olepiss got screwed getting Kiffin (Sexton) and that's a very good thing. Gotta love the way HY works.

I day dream a lot too.  Do hope you are correct though.

tusksincolorado

• High School dropout from Ohio...
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2019, 10:35:06 pm »

Amazin'...

9 pages of...

should of...

could of...

would of...

GO HAWGS!

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2019, 10:37:20 pm »

I've no problem with taking a risk. I wanted Norvell as 1a and Kiffin as 1b, but at this point I'm just darned glad we have Pittman instead of BLJ.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2019, 10:40:57 pm »

I find it humorous that we’d believe any narrative on here.  But I do expect the narrative now to be one that throws shade on the UA brass.  A narrative where we showed Sexton who was boss.  😂
most people "choose" to believe crap all the time. whether their religion, their politics, their version of "science", people choose it then fight to the death to defend it. They could be and often are, hell, usually are dead ass wrong, but no matter.

I try not to ever just decide i think its true so now i KNOW it to be. Thats lying to yourself. . I just decide whether its likely, possible, probable, far fetched as hell, etc. No real reason to really choose to believe anything that i dont KNOW to be true. Ever.

Notorious PIG

• Varsity
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2019, 11:58:05 pm »

Let's run with this for a moment.

Sam Pittman has just taken a job for which there is really no way for him to fail.  Short of the death penalty or dropping to a lower level of competition, Arkansas is in about as bad of shape (from many perspectives) as it can be.  In other words, Pittman can only move the needle in one direction at Arkansas.

Having said that, IF Coach Pittman does exactly that (and the program improves) do you honestly think larger programs will not take notice and come after Coach Pittman?
All of the statements can be made about Arkansas being a destination for Coach Sam Pittman but the reality of the writing on the wall says if he brings the program back at all - especially to something approaching respectability - you can bet larger programs will come after him. 

Programs with larger budgets, and increased willingness to spend money - not so much controlled by shadowy figures who lurk outside the program and beyond the public scrutiny.

The current situation Coach Pittman finds himself in at Arkansas can be a career building one.  But the problem with success is that it tends to bring attention - and usually the kind where some larger school comes after your coach. 

Let's hope that is a problem Arkansas has to face a few years down the line.   

Based on this logic, we would be winning at a pretty good clip for an extended amount of time, at which time we will no longer be paying any other former coaches and the bottom line will be looking much better (attendance up etc). Arkansas will adjust Pittman's salary accordingly to help retain / reward him.

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

• Hogvillian
« Reply #413 on: December 16, 2019, 12:52:00 am »

WOW!!! I thought PRJ on flew in for games.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #414 on: December 16, 2019, 12:59:45 am »

WOW!!! I thought PRJ on flew in for games.

Well....

Me and pig in the pokey's appearances are pretty legendary.

I mean, we float through life like a couple of 1970's country music stars.

Truth is Pokey, he doesn't even love the country music, he listens to Eric B & Rakim, but he plays the part well. Fur coats and an impeccable taste for cowboy boots.

Me, I dress like Conway Twitty about 80% of the time and the other 20% I dial it up to full throttle Junior Samples fashion.

We don't usually let much grass grow under our feet...we got to keep moving. Hell tonight Denver, tomorrow is Memphis Tennessee.

PRJ

Chief Mac

• "He's a self-made man and worships his creator."
« Reply #415 on: December 16, 2019, 01:42:08 am »

Amazin'...

9 pages of...

should of...

could of...

would of...

GO HAWGS!

and yet here you are in it

Chief Mac

• "He's a self-made man and worships his creator."
« Reply #416 on: December 16, 2019, 01:43:09 am »

I thought I would try to log in and see....and I'm back again. Thanks Lanny.

Now on to other things.

I was wrong on Kiffin. Not by much but I was wrong.

Sometimes I push my information a little hard and it backfires.

We did have a verbal agreement with Lane. It's up to everyone to determine who screwed it up.

So...let me have it.

PRJ

S

Keep bringing what you're hearing. 

Much appreciated!

East Clintwood

« Reply #417 on: December 16, 2019, 02:39:11 am »

I wish. Never happen. “That direction” isn’t entertaining enough for some. It would take almost a total reset.

And the world is not the same it was 10 or 5 or even 1 year ago.  Social media has given everybody a voice they didn't have before and they've embraced that voice and use it often and loudly.  Twitter and facebook have altered the collective personality of the country and not in a good way.

The OTR

• I’m sure this makes everyone happy.
« Reply #418 on: December 16, 2019, 06:19:59 am »

Keep bringing what you're hearing. 

Much appreciated!

Finally someone with some sense.  Not exactly an apology but maybe as close as we’re gonna get from some of these numbskulls.

Good work, Jimmy.  Good work indeed. 

VanMeter

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #419 on: December 16, 2019, 06:20:10 am »

When we were the best job he thought he could land I'm sure Kiffin said he was coming here. End of the day he decided Ole Miss was a better job right now and went there. It's not complicated.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #420 on: December 16, 2019, 06:33:29 am »

Where did mike Irwin say it was blj job

OldCoot

• Hogvillian
« Reply #421 on: December 16, 2019, 08:15:16 am »

I can drive anything Hoss.

I fight roosters for a living and hire my wrinkle neck mules out for extreme hunting adventures.

Finest mules this side of Mexico.

I'll throw in a picture of a fine wrinkle necked mule in with that 50.00 dollar trucker special....

Well it was 50.00 until you caught the vapors in here with your horrible disposition..

It's 75.00 now.

Still a fair deal.

PRJ

I don't know if the rooster thing is a joke, but my  uncle used to raise them roosters.  A dog got in and killed one of them and it was a LOT of money for one darned rooster.  That was back when it was legal and stuff. :D  He's an old Vietnam Vet and has been really sick the last few years.  He did get his limit of deer this season.

WizardofhOgZ

« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2019, 11:21:53 am »

I had been surprised that BLJ left the program that he loves more than any other to go to UTSA, but now its crystal clear.   BLJ thought he had the job and then when a member of the BOT put the kaibach on it, he felt like that was his cue to move on down the road so he did. 

Sounds like he got "Norvelled".

East Clintwood

« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2019, 12:21:25 pm »

Good ADs are not going to stick around if BOT members are always looking over his or her shoulder and meddling in what is supposed to be the AD's job.

I don't think the BOT wants a good AD.

They want somebody they can manipulate and control.

jabberjawls

• Senior
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2019, 03:34:42 pm »

Well....

Truth is Pokey, he doesn't even love the country music, he listens to Eric B & Rakim, but he plays the part well. Fur coats and an impeccable taste for cowboy boots.

Me, I dress like Conway Twitty about 80% of the time and the other 20% I dial it up to full throttle Junior Samples fashion.

We don't usually let much grass grow under our feet...we got to keep moving. Hell tonight Denver, tomorrow is Memphis Tennessee.

PRJ
You can run for president of the crawfish club.  Seems to be several on here in your little club.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #425 on: December 16, 2019, 04:52:38 pm »

You can run for president of the crawfish club.  Seems to be several on here in your little club.

I don't crawfish.

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #426 on: December 16, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »

I for one am very glad to see PRJ back on the board with all the information. Maybe some of you don't like the delivery but the information is as good as anyone... and information changes.

You just need to learn an appreciation for the approach he brings. The world of professional cock fighting is not for the faint of heart, and there are snowflakes on here that would break down at first glance. I appreciate that he can expose us to the finer things in life while keeping us in the loop. I'm hoping he'll start bringing little PT into the ring with a new smoke machine and Hells Bells playing.

Sit back, sip some apple and light a Cohiba. Throw some classic country on and relax. I just put in "Wanted! The Outlaws" and Put another Log on the Fire is 1 minute into the mix. Life doesn't get lot better does it? Just need the football team to start winning now. And it will. 

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #427 on: December 17, 2019, 07:20:07 am »

BTW, what did the post you replied to have to do with crawfishing?

You want to jabber your jawls about crawfishing....but you quote a post that is basically saying me and PITP are just a couple of pinche` gringos....

It's ok to envy a couple of dudes with walk around with a Tex Mex Tone....

But stop with the jealousy because we are fans of George Gervin and have danced with the devil at El Camoron Cita....

And the worst is you're more than likely pissed off because Pokey and me eat our bacon, egg and cheese Taco's with a side of Pico....

We live the life.

PRJ
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:35:03 am by porkrindjimmy »

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #428 on: December 17, 2019, 07:30:22 am »

I for one am very glad to see PRJ back on the board with all the information. Maybe some of you don't like the delivery but the information is as good as anyone... and information changes.

You just need to learn an appreciation for the approach he brings. The world of professional cock fighting is not for the faint of heart, and there are snowflakes on here that would break down at first glance. I appreciate that he can expose us to the finer things in life while keeping us in the loop. I'm hoping he'll start bringing little PT into the ring with a new smoke machine and Hells Bells playing.

Sit back, sip some apple and light a Cohiba. Throw some classic country on and relax. I just put in "Wanted! The Outlaws" and Put another Log on the Fire is 1 minute into the mix. Life doesn't get lot better does it? Just need the football team to start winning now. And it will. 

Damn straight Dark Helmet. Damn straight.

I saw this post a minute ago and thought hot damn, I've got to make up a few tortillas, stir up some refried beans, warm the brisket, put the sour cream and cheese on the table, and get down in the cellar and fetch me a bottle of my good friend, Randy Boone's Cilantro Salsa.

I mixed all that together and wow....it ought to be illegal to be eating this good at 7:30 in the morning. It's so good, I'm on my second cold Coors beer.

Pancho, the deer legged Chihuahua is still in the bed. I brought lil Porked Tongue inside the mud room last night to avoid frost bite to his cackles. He ain't very happy about it...

But one day he'll thank me for it.

Whoops....need to go flip the Crystal Gayle album over to side two...

PRJ

jabberjawls

• Senior
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #429 on: December 17, 2019, 12:29:01 pm »

BTW, what did the post you replied to have to do with crawfishing?

You want to jabber your jawls about crawfishing....but you quote a post that is basically saying me and PITP are just a couple of pinche` gringos....

It's ok to envy a couple of dudes with walk around with a Tex Mex Tone....

But stop with the jealousy because we are fans of George Gervin and have danced with the devil at El Camoron Cita....

And the worst is you're more than likely pissed off because Pokey and me eat our bacon, egg and cheese Taco's with a side of Pico....

We live the life.

PRJ
in the south, the term "crawfishing" is slang to describe a person who retreats from an earlier position that he took.  Surely, i don't have to remind you of your history.....

Cotton

• If she ain't foreign she borin'
« Reply #430 on: December 17, 2019, 12:57:22 pm »

Sorry Jimmy, am I late to the party?

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #431 on: December 17, 2019, 03:00:04 pm »

Sorry Jimmy, am I late to the party?
Party's over, but there's still plenty of time to meet me at Love's.   >:(

Cotton

• If she ain't foreign she borin'
« Reply #432 on: December 17, 2019, 03:49:03 pm »

Party's over, but there's still plenty of time to meet me at Love's.   >:(
Already here smashing a couple tall boys waiting on Rev and Rudy and Pharm Lite.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #433 on: December 17, 2019, 07:26:53 pm »

in the south, the term "crawfishing" is slang to describe a person who retreats from an earlier position that he took.  Surely, i don't have to remind you of your history.....

Yeah I think you do.

I would like to know where I retreated.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2019, 07:27:53 pm »

And again....

Where in the post you quoted...what could've been construed as crawfishing?

PRJ

porque

• Senior
« Reply #435 on: December 20, 2019, 10:03:03 am »

I don't think the BOT wants a good AD.

They want somebody they can manipulate and control.

And the way you fix this is you hire a strong Chancellor.  He will provide cover and allow the AD to do his job.  The Chancellor we have now is a limp noodle.

grayhawg

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #436 on: December 20, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »

And the way you fix this is you hire a strong Chancellor.  He will provide cover and allow the AD to do his job.  The Chancellor we have now is a limp noodle.
And gave the order to hire Chaddy

East Clintwood

« Reply #437 on: December 20, 2019, 08:18:36 pm »

Better to have a limp noodle than a chancellor with an agenda of destroying the program -- see John White.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2019, 10:28:08 am »

Better to have a limp noodle than a chancellor with an agenda of destroying the program -- see John White.

This. 

Medication can fix one of these issues.  The other is a more long-lasting problem.

tusksincolorado

« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2019, 07:21:54 pm »

Well....

PRJ

That's a little run in 1 day...

Den/StL/Mem?
or
Den/Wich/Tul/LR/Mem?

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #440 on: December 21, 2019, 08:50:55 pm »

That's a little run in 1 day...

Den/StL/Mem?
or
Den/Wich/Tul/LR/Mem?

Den/Wich/Tulsa/LR/Memphis.

PRJ

tusksincolorado

« Reply #441 on: December 21, 2019, 09:01:33 pm »

Den/Wich/Tulsa/LR/Memphis.

PRJ

That's a tough grand....

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #442 on: December 21, 2019, 10:39:27 pm »

That's a tough grand....

Yeah but hell, I hate that drive to St Louis and then to Memphis. It's just an awful drive.

I like to spend as much time as I can on the highways and interstates of Arkansas.

Where you at in Colorado?

PRJ

tusksincolorado

« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2019, 09:52:17 am »

Yeah but hell, I hate that drive to St Louis and then to Memphis. It's just an awful drive.

I like to spend as much time as I can on the highways and interstates of Arkansas.

PRJ

Now!?

The Springs. Lived in Avon, Denver, Littleton, Castle Rock for over 18 years.

Prior...LR, Bella Vista, Flower Mound, Bellevue WA, Simi Valley, Wentzville, Buckhead, and Germantown.

Surprised my wife has stayed with me this long....we have moving down to a science. Sell everything except for the dog and kids then buy new crap when we get there.

tusksincolorado

« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2019, 09:56:28 am »

PRJ

I have made that 350 many a time...nice little Love's around Sikeston.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas