• 10,887,564 Posts
• 423,968 Topics
• 24,841 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deon Stewart  (Read 5063 times)

lamont7906

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Deon Stewart
« on: December 20, 2019, 09:39:19 am »

Ok, made the suggestion that Jackson should possibly become a strong safety due to his size weight and strength. Looking at Deon Stewart here is another one I believe should look at possibly seeing if he can make the transition. Richard Sherman went from WR to DB his senior year coming from injury. Deon definitely has the speed and he is a lengthy 5'11 player that's not afraid of contact.  I don't know his plans but I don't see him seeing the feild as much as a reciever DB we are weak on and need speed back there. Once again ball tracking should be easier for him coming from a receiver. Thoughts?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: Deon Stewart
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 09:40:23 am »

Let's let the coaches decide who plays where shall we.............

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

lamont7906

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 09:43:24 am »

Well duh they are going to do that anyway einstein.

#1 STUNNA

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 09:48:31 am »

bet he plays for a different school next year

MissippHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 09:50:48 am »

You literally ask for people's "thoughts" then respond like this when someone tells you what he thinks?

lamont7906

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 09:56:18 am »

You literally ask for people's "thoughts" then respond like this when someone tells you what he thinks?
  Well what I said was true, with that response why even have a board? Should we look at this recruit? Let the coach decide. Who should we go for as an OC? let the coach decide. He was being a smart ass, that's why.

Sourpuss

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 09:58:36 am »

He asked for thoughts....not admonishments

hoggusamoungus

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2019, 10:05:00 am »

I remember Juan Einstein.  He was the sweat hog that always had a note from his mother.

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2019, 10:21:16 am »

This is an out of place post. How dare anyone discuss next season's personnel.

Wardhog85

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2019, 10:33:32 am »

No way lol. He weighs about 160 lbs soaking wet.  You cant just move someone to defense because they can run, you have to have a completely different mentality for defense.

SeldomHere

• | I like this Swede |
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2019, 10:35:35 am »

No way lol. He weighs about 160 lbs soaking wet.  You cant just move someone to defense because they can run, you have to have a completely different mentality for defense.
Hunter vs Hunted

Pudgepork

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 10:39:53 am »

bet he plays for a different school next year

Maybe not Stewart but in theory I agree with STUNNA.  Coach Pittman has said they'll sign 25 if they find quality.  Somebody must leave.  I think a little deadwood at the receivers position and a couple/few olinemen will be helped to leave.  The coaches must find room for quality over quantity.  Like somebody said the other day, hoglady I think, some oline on the roster should never have been signed.  Somebody must go.

They will look at film.  Odom and Davis already KNOW which linemen fire off the ball and hard to play against and who just stands there lost or maybe leans on a defender.

We have to feel RS is safe, if small.  He has a mean streak.  FANONTHEHILL has said good things about a couple, I can't remember who.   

We can't trust anything the previous staff said about the oline.  We have to wait on this staffs opinion but I think unless several of those guys hit the weights and grow a mean streak, somebody is leaving

lamont7906

• Senior
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2019, 10:42:11 am »

I completely understand you have to have the mentality but he is not afraid of contact especially being a returner lol, also he weighted 160  when he first got here lol he have to be 180 atleast now lol if he don't I would be shocked.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2019, 10:44:44 am »

so, what;s Hogville for then?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2019, 10:45:59 am »

Bruh... jfc, man. The guy trolled him- he didnt "share his thoughts" on the move at all. He poo poo'd the question.

Y'all some trolls.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2019, 10:47:27 am »

Maybe not Stewart but in theory I agree with STUNNA.  Coach Pittman has said they'll sign 25 if they find quality.  Somebody must leave.  I think a little deadwood at the receivers position and a couple/few olinemen will be helped to leave.  The coaches must find room for quality over quantity.  Like somebody said the other day, hoglady I think, some oline on the roster should never have been signed.  Somebody must go.

They will look at film.  Odom and Davis already KNOW which linemen fire off the ball and hard to play against and who just stands there lost or maybe leans on a defender.

We have to feel RS is safe, if small.  He has a mean streak.  FANONTHEHILL has said good things about a couple, I can't remember who.   

We can't trust anything the previous staff said about the oline.  We have to wait on this staffs opinion but I think unless several of those guys hit the weights and grow a mean streak, somebody is leaving
I think we'll see a dozen or so business decisions after Spring Football.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2019, 10:49:33 am »

I completely understand you have to have the mentality but he is not afraid of contact especially being a returner lol, also he weighted 160  when he first got here lol he have to be 180 atleast now lol if he don't I would be shocked.
i was 5'11 170 in High School , 160 my Sophomore year, and I played Saftey and Corner and I'd light people up when I wasnt getting out ran. Speed counts for a LOT, and , yes, a 175 lber can still pack a punch. It's the size of the bite not the dog...

That said, none of us know Deon's "mentality" but he wasnt afraid of punt/kick returner... at whatever weight he is now... and that's the scariest job in football.

Wardhog85

• Varsity
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2019, 10:49:39 am »

I completely understand you have to have the mentality but he is not afraid of contact especially being a returner lol, also he weighted 160  kowhen he first got here lol he have to be 180 atleast now lol if he don't I would be shocked.
Still, it is completely different when you are the one who is in charge of initiating the contact. Also, there is no way he is 180, he looks exactly the same as when he was a freshman. He's even listed at 161 lbs on the roster. Not trying to being a jerk, just giving my opinion.

The NewEra

• New Era
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2019, 10:49:51 am »

This years Spring Game should be different than we have seen in years.  I suspect a lot of personnel decisions will be made during and after that training period.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious smash mouth football come Spring.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2019, 10:51:56 am »

This years Spring Game should be different than we have seen in years.  I suspect a lot of personnel decisions will be made during and after that training period.  I wouldn't be surprised to see some serious smash mouth football come Spring.
100%

Smokehouse

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2019, 10:55:11 am »

You must be fun at parties

jackflash

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2019, 11:48:12 am »

I  look for him too transfer

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2019, 12:41:54 pm »

Then don't ask.

Snouty

• Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2019, 12:51:51 pm »

I remember Juan Einstein.  He was the sweat hog that always had a note from his mother.

It's been a while, but I believe the name was Epstein.

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2019, 12:54:25 pm »

d3maybe

• Varsity
  • Don't argue with the Idiots
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2019, 12:55:26 pm »

Yes I was because I think your question was not necessary or warranted. I've been here a long time. My advice to you is grow a pair.

What the hell does "necessary" or "warranted" even mean on a message board????

d3maybe

• Varsity
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 12:59:42 pm »

Yes I was because I think your question was not necessary or warranted. I've been here a long time. My advice to you is grow a pair.

And so *** what you've been here a long time... that dang sure doesn't make your drivel more "necessary" or "warranted" that anybody else's.

Hog_One_Stop

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 01:02:22 pm »

Ok, made the suggestion that Jackson should possibly become a strong safety due to his size weight and strength. Looking at Deon Stewart here is another one I believe should look at possibly seeing if he can make the transition. Richard Sherman went from WR to DB his senior year coming from injury. Deon definitely has the speed and he is a lengthy 5'11 player that's not afraid of contact.  I don't know his plans but I don't see him seeing the feild as much as a reciever DB we are weak on and need speed back there. Once again ball tracking should be easier for him coming from a receiver. Thoughts?

Guess coaches don’t know what position players should play but hogville does

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 01:05:52 pm »

And so *** what you've been here a long time... that dang sure doesn't make your drivel more "necessary" or "warranted" that anybody else's.

I didn't say it did. But by having a pair myself I'm able to not let stuff get to me and thus my longevity.

rzrbkman

• Senior
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 01:07:14 pm »

You just don't enjoy open discussion do you?

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2019, 01:08:26 pm »

Stewart is a good slot receiver. He has a place in the offense. He's not big/strong enough to play defense, I don't believe.

d3maybe

• Varsity
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2019, 01:10:15 pm »

I didn't say it did. But by having a pair myself I'm able to not let stuff get to me and thus my longevity.

In that case you didn't have to respond to the question in the first place.

lightsout

• Senior
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »

Richard Sherman is 6’3” 200 lbs; Deon Stewart is 5’11” 160lbs. 

/thread

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • What does not kill you makes you almost dead.
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2019, 01:12:20 pm »

/thread

I don't know. Maybe Stewart could play left tackle.

d3maybe

• Varsity
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2019, 01:13:34 pm »

/thread

I have to agree with this... Deon is a much better reciever than I think he would be on the defensive side of the ball... Although we do need way more speed back there that we have now.

#hammerdown

• Hogvillian
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2019, 02:55:01 pm »

I  look for him too transfer

I do two

hoggusamoungus

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 02:55:30 pm »

It's been a while, but I believe the name was Epstein.

And apparently it's been a while since you recognized a play on words.

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2019, 03:18:36 pm »

IMO length doesn’t matter as much at Safety as it does at Corner/Nickel Corner. Wide wingspan obviously doesn’t hurt anywhere on the field.  If he’s a ball hound, not afraid of the middle, and can play mean it shouldn’t be too hard to teach him how to play Safety.  He could always be thrown bones playing the inside on 2 wide and 3 wide sets to block on screens, stretch runs and the occasional screen action option routes that target him.  Safeties can be huge contributors on O and ST if they love contact.  Longer than normal wingspan is one of the metrics NFL scouts get all lathered up about too. So if the kid becomes a stud, that could be the thing that gets his number called before other draftees.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2019, 03:31:53 pm »

Guess coaches don’t know what position players should play but hogville does
Yep in history a coach has never played the wrong player, or played someone at the wrong position.

razorson

• Senior
  • God Bless Our Troops
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2019, 03:48:26 pm »

When CBB recruited him I thought wth.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »

Then don't ask.
Someone's Cheerios look a bit yellow...

As for the actual thread, hopefully Stewart finds a home (either a different position or place).  The point is valid that PT is going to be hard to come by at WR.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Come to the Dark Side
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2019, 04:35:29 pm »

No it's not.  You made a similar comment toward me the other day.  You said I was a joke.  I followed up that you were a joke and explained why.  I did not curse or say anything inappropriate.  The thread was locked with the last post being Okla quoting me and explaining why my post was wrong while nothing was said to you for doing the same.

It's fine,  I learned a long time ago that certain posters can call names and be insulting with zero repercussions.  Beware people this one claiming his has a set will whine about you and click Report to mod faster than anyone.

Pudgepork

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2019, 06:23:34 pm »

Are we almost to the new season yet?

blu

• Senior
  • Love God, love others.
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2019, 06:59:22 pm »

Waste of 5 minutes reading this one.

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2019, 07:52:43 pm »

Epstein, not Einstein!  He was classic with all the excuse notes. 

hoggusamoungus

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 07:57:09 pm »

Epstein, not Einstein!  He was classic with all the excuse notes.

Didn't read the entire thread, did you? 

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 08:11:12 pm »

it's jackleg BS for anyone to be predicting/hoping for any player to quit

that's the BS we just got done with and it needs to [CENSORED] stop

it's the reason Biddy and that little punk Danny West are backtracking, because they encouraged that mindset from fans to gain subscriptions

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2019, 08:14:30 pm »

and I will say that to Biddy's face if I ever see him in NWA

in a nice lowkey way, but I'll say it

aloha_kid

• Hogvillian
  • CTMCS USN (Ret)
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2019, 08:23:38 pm »

Nah, he was the guy that didn't hang himself.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2019, 08:46:13 pm »

wishing players would quit, predicting players would quit, this crap has been going on since 2017 and it's still going on

deleting this thread now won't make it go away, leave it up and let anyone who wants to come defend their BS actions on here

hell I got banned for defending players - twice - because the whiny babies on here wanted to defend Chad by bashing players

I think the admins have said that's not kosher anymore, and I know I heard Sam Pittman tell every player on this team that they are all his players

so stop with the BS "insider" stuff because you know a coach or you know a player. Hell I knew John Pelphrey and I think I never posted in Jump Ball the whole time he was here. We've all known players and coaches and we didn't run to message boards every time we talked to one of them - I'll bet that would piss the coaches or players off if they knew someone was taking what they said and ran to board with it
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas