• 10,843,827 Posts
• 422,464 Topics
• 24,798 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haynes King  (Read 3452 times)

Bmockeg

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Haynes King
« on: December 15, 2019, 05:00:02 pm »

Any chance we can get back in on him or has that ship sailed as well? Really gonna suck having to play against him at A&M knowing he wanted to be a Hog.

Matt Ryan

• Senior
Re: Haynes King
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 05:04:57 pm »

He really wanted to be a hog, and chad chased him off? How many more of these stories are there

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 05:11:34 pm »

Like most any coaches, CM was taking only 1 QB in the class.  That was Chandler.  So of course he didnít pursue King. 

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 05:15:56 pm »

He really wanted to be a hog, and chad chased him off? How many more of these stories are there

Kid was wearing hog swag all during his junior year while playing and such.  Then selected A&M.  I canít say chad didnít go after him and try to close him,  it chandler committed around the same time king did to A&M. 

Bmockeg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 05:23:48 pm »

Not a conspiracy theorist but I wonder in the back of my mind if Gus told Chad to take the Arkansas job and screw us up with the fall back of taking the O coordinator job after. Makes you think, how does a guy do well at SMU and lose to Colorado State and San Jose State at Arkansas? How does Ben Hicks play 3 years in Morrisí offense and look that bad?

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 05:26:38 pm »

Not a conspiracy theorist but I wonder in the back of my mind if Gus told Chad to take the Arkansas job and screw us up with the fall back of taking the O coordinator job after. Makes you think, how does a guy do well at SMU and lose to Colorado State and San Jose State at Arkansas? How does Ben Hicks play 3 years in Morrisí offense and look that bad?

Yeah, youíre definitely a conspiracy theorist.

Bmockeg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 05:37:28 pm »

Yeah, youíre definitely a conspiracy theorist.
Lol, maybe. Doesnít seem strange how Chad Morris was/is supposedly a great offensive coordinator and called the plays here and our offense looked like crap? Poor oline typically makes coaches run bootlegs and screens, short passes, slants that are hard to defend. Never adjusted our offense to any strength or with any direction. If you think Chad really tried, then he has no business coaching at any level. I bet Auburn looks really good next year when he ďremembersĒ how to coach.

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 05:43:54 pm »

Lol, maybe. Doesnít seem strange how Chad Morris was/is supposedly a great offensive coordinator and called the plays here and our offense looked like crap? Poor oline typically makes coaches run bootlegs and screens, short passes, slants that are hard to defend. Never adjusted our offense to any strength or with any direction. If you think Chad really tried, then he has no business coaching at any level. I bet Auburn looks really good next year when he ďremembersĒ how to coach.

He had below average talent, a below average coaching staff, and was a below average HC himself.  All while playing in by far the best division in college football.  He and everyone around him were completely outclassed.  Decent OCís donít necessarily make even average HCís.

He was in way over his head.  Not hard to fathom at all. 

Bmockeg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 06:10:58 pm »

He had below average talent, a below average coaching staff, and was a below average HC himself.  All while playing in by far the best division in college football.  He and everyone around him were completely outclassed.  Decent OCís donít necessarily make even average HCís.

The same ďbelow average talentĒ that 247 sports rated as the 24th best talent in FBS? Houston Nutt would have won 14 games the last two years lol. Itís obvious that he was in over his head, but every QB that he played regressed. Story looked better at WKU. Hicks and Starkel went from good QBs to being replaced by a walkon. Even if he had below average talent, and DECENT play caller is going to adjust the game plan based on the talent to achieve the best success possible. Chad Morris forgot how to adjust an offense and call plays the last 2 years? Doesnít make sense.

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 06:15:29 pm »

The same ďbelow average talentĒ that 247 sports rated as the 24th best talent in FBS? Houston Nutt would have won 14 games the last two years lol. Itís obvious that he was in over his head, but every QB that he played regressed. Story looked better at WKU. Hicks and Starkel went from good QBs to being replaced by a walkon. Even if he had below average talent, and DECENT play caller is going to adjust the game plan based on the talent to achieve the best success possible. Chad Morris forgot how to adjust an offense and call plays the last 2 years? Doesnít make sense.

LOL, youíre definitely a conspiracy theorist.  And what 24th ranking are you talking about?

Jahog2020

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2019, 06:19:52 pm »

Kid was wearing hog swag all during his junior year while playing and such.  Then selected A&M.  I canít say chad didnít go after him and try to close him,  it chandler committed around the same time king did to A&M.

Pittman is looking for staff members.   Wonder if HKs dad is looking to leave Longview?? 🤔

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2019, 06:20:35 pm »

LOL, youíre definitely a conspiracy theorist.  And what 24th ranking are you talking about?
According to 247 rankings our roster is the 26th best in the country. Which tells you how bad our coaching has been, we are not a garbage program, we have had garbage coaching.

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2019, 06:24:04 pm »

According to 247 rankings our roster is the 26th best in the country. Which tells you how bad our coaching has been, we are not a garbage program, we have had garbage coaching.

PotATo, potato.  It can be garbage for any number of reasons.  And nobody wanted this job.  We were supposedly about to hire Lunney.

And we were playing teams with top 10 rosters, which makes our talent below average.

BigSexyHog

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2019, 06:36:46 pm »

Just stop it.  We didn't or don't have below average talent. 

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2019, 06:37:46 pm »

Just stop it.  We didn't or don't have below average talent. 

Compared to our SEC brethren, sure we do.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2019, 06:54:50 pm »

But we couldn't beat the teams in the 70s 80s 90s and beyond because of horrible coaching. We are not looking to beat the Bamas and LSUs just yet.

Matt Ryan

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2019, 06:59:47 pm »

we got spanked by north texas and western kentucky.Then there was san jose state, colorado state, kentucky with a wr at qb, and beating portand state by a touchdown.

Sow Lancelot

• Hogvillian
  • #NumquamDescedete!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2019, 07:02:13 pm »

All the while pushing talent to his alma mater.

Full tin hat firmly ensconced.

King Kong

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2019, 07:15:33 pm »

Kingís interest was largely due to Traylor and Morris as his dad is a big time Texas HS coach

Bubba's Bruisers

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2019, 07:20:53 pm »

we got spanked by north texas and western kentucky.Then there was san jose state, colorado state, kentucky with a wr at qb, and beating portand state by a touchdown.

Why are you people only focusing on my talent comment?  I clearly stated CM and his staff were also inferior.  It all adds up. 

The idea that some dude on here thinks itís plausible that CM committed fraud by purposely tanking our program is just insane. 

hogfan14

• Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2019, 07:58:31 pm »

In their defense Kentucky probably ended up being a better team with that WR at QB than we initially thought lol

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 08:04:51 pm »

That WR won some post season award for being the most versatile player in all of college football.  I think it was the Paul Hornung Award.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2019, 10:19:49 am »

If you have to start a sentence with "Not a conspiracy theorist" you are a conspiracy theorist.

old hog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2019, 10:29:58 am »

Knew I shouldn't have used my "tin foil hat" to tent that steak last month.

MFG

• Senior
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2019, 10:37:45 am »

Hes an early enrollee and is signing early. Ship has sailed.

MFG

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2019, 10:45:42 am »

We will just have to wait till after early signing day to see who's left.

N HOG

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2019, 10:55:36 am »

He is playing for the great Jimbo Fisher.

Con el Cerdos

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2019, 12:04:37 pm »

Like most any coaches, CM was taking only 1 QB in the class.  That was Chandler.  So of course he didnít pursue King. 

Telling about CM's eye for talent, or was he willing playing favorites taking a commitment from his son.

To be as fair, I think both Haynes and Chandler are talented.  I've seen both play.  But IMO, Haynes, by a wide margin, is the more talented.  Haynes is definitely has P-5 talent, not sure where Chandler fits.

Both have a "problem" that will hinder them against SEC type head-hunting defenses. Both are very thin framed.  Skinny in other words.  Too survive, they will have to add weight.

Still, I would love it if CSP could flip Haynes.

SeldomHere

• | I Miss Baseball |
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2019, 12:20:56 pm »

If you have to start a sentence with "Not a conspiracy theorist" you are a conspiracy theorist.
NTTIAWWT
How else are we going to find out about the aliens at Area 51 taking over congress to deny it.
I saw it on the History Channel so it must be fact based.

SeldomHere

• | I Miss Baseball |
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2019, 12:22:14 pm »

He is playing for the great Jimbo Fisher.

The only great thing about Jimbo lately is his bank account.
Can't and will not blame him for taking those checks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas