• 10,843,827 Posts
• 422,464 Topics
• 24,798 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "if pittman doesn't work, where will we go next for a head coach"  (Read 468 times)

hoginbama79

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I keep seeing this, as if this hire is more important than all the other hires people said were 'so important'. 

Well...to answer the question- if the lifetime position coach we just hired lasts 2-3 years as expected and then gets fired, we will hire another person like Sam Pittman who wasn't on anyone elses radar for HC....

It's not like there arent dozens of Sam Pittmans(well thought of lifetime position coaches) that would take a power 5 HC job at 3 million per year.   So yeah, I'm not worried about that at all.....

this is a low risk hire.  We don't have anything to lose.  The expectation is that it won't work out, but when it doesn't....eh, just try again and we'll be at the same point.

Hogwild

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: "if pittman doesn't work, where will we go next for a head coach"
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 08:51:14 am »

I keep seeing this, as if this hire is more important than all the other hires people said were 'so important'. 

Well...to answer the question- if the lifetime position coach we just hired lasts 2-3 years as expected and then gets fired, we will hire another person like Sam Pittman who wasn't on anyone elses radar for HC....

It's not like there arent dozens of Sam Pittmans(well thought of lifetime position coaches) that would take a power 5 HC job at 3 million per year.   So yeah, I'm not worried about that at all.....

this is a low risk hire.  We don't have anything to lose.  The expectation is that it won't work out, but when it doesn't....eh, just try again and we'll be at the same point.

If it doesn't work out, that would be a question for the next AD

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • aka Beopig
    • Linkedin
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 08:52:30 am »

Let's let the guy hire a complete staff before we start worrying about the next coach

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 08:53:58 am »

Bitching and moaning and whining and crying will not change the fact that we hired Pittman as head coach.  Time to get over it.  You don't have to like the hire but its time to stop posting this crap in MMQB and move onward and let's just see how things work out for us. 

carolinahogger

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:54:27 am »

The real question is if Pittman doesn't work out and the next guy doesn't work out then where do we go if the NEXT GUY AFTER THAT doesn't work out???????

Or we could just see how Pittman works out and then go from there.

youngthunder

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 08:59:23 am »

This was a big hire, I don't think Pittman was the right choice to be honest. I'm not going to bash him or anything but apparently we didn't learn anything from hiring the hot shot Chad Morris who was suppose to be a great recruiter and help Clemson get where they are now. Morris was only a head coach for only two years when Arkansas hired him. Pittman has no head coaching experience. Nobody knows what offense his going to run or nothing. I really believe Pittman is going to be Bielema 2.0.  I don't believe that HY really put any effort into hiring a new coach. I think he made this hire so he can get fried in couple years. Pittman isn't going to answer all the questions. How much time are we willing to give Pittman to turn Arkansas around? How long are we going to wait? Why is it when other programs hire a new coach they don't take that long to make a good impact. At Arkansas it takes it lot longer for a coach to make a good impact. The only coach that made a impact when he got here was Bobby. I'm tired of waiting for Arkansas to do something, I'm tired of hearing got to give it time, I been giving it time since 2012 and nothing has happen due to the poor coaching hires. This is going to be another poor coaching hire, there are lot of questions I feel like people are not wanting to ask. I'm going to get bash for this post and I don't care anymore. I'm tired of being the Cleveland Browns of the SEC. Arkansas got Pittman because he was a cheap hire and that's all Arkansas could afford due to the last two buyouts plus Long buyout as well.

I don't see them winning an SEC game next year as well. I think they will end up going 3-9 and will be lucky to go 4-8 next year.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 09:09:50 am »

This was a big hire, I don't think Pittman was the right choice to be honest. I'm not going to bash him or anything but apparently we didn't learn anything from hiring the hot shot Chad Morris who was suppose to be a great recruiter and help Clemson get where they are now. Morris was only a head coach for only two years when Arkansas hired him. Pittman has no head coaching experience. Nobody knows what offense his going to run or nothing. I really believe Pittman is going to be Bielema 2.0.  I don't believe that HY really put any effort into hiring a new coach. I think he made this hire so he can get fried in couple years. Pittman isn't going to answer all the questions. How much time are we willing to give Pittman to turn Arkansas around? How long are we going to wait? Why is it when other programs hire a new coach they don't take that long to make a good impact. At Arkansas it takes it lot longer for a coach to make a good impact. The only coach that made a impact when he got here was Bobby. I'm tired of waiting for Arkansas to do something, I'm tired of hearing got to give it time, I been giving it time since 2012 and nothing has happen due to the poor coaching hires. This is going to be another poor coaching hire, there are lot of questions I feel like people are not wanting to ask. I'm going to get bash for this post and I don't care anymore. I'm tired of being the Cleveland Browns of the SEC. Arkansas got Pittman because he was a cheap hire and that's all Arkansas could afford due to the last two buyouts plus Long buyout as well.

I don't see them winning an SEC game next year as well. I think they will end up going 3-9 and will be lucky to go 4-8 next year.

If you really believe everything you just posted then I feel really bad for you. 

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 09:31:19 am »

Long got a job at Kansas that paid him more than we were, we donít owe him anything. When I see posts like this, I immediately dismiss them as the poster doesnít know enough about the program to keep up, only that their guy didnít get hired, thus a complaint.

Harryhock

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2019, 10:29:30 am »

I bet jl got tired of hearing "you're welcome Jeff" the whole time bp was here...

Arnold Ziffel

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2019, 11:05:44 am »

Hiring Coach Pittman is a little riskier than most hires but there is no guarantee that a head coach with a successful track record would set the world on fire when he gets here.  The intangibles that CSP possesses that most of his counterparts don't have is he absolutely wants to be here and he will have genuine tight bonds with his players as well as assistant coaches.  I expect that the Coaches and players will all fight hard in the trenches for each other!  Sam wont have it any other way!  Now, how that translate into team success and how many wins we notch is anyone's guess but I sure as heck like our future chances a lot better than with the last two opportunists we have had.

southeasthog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Resident Inspector
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2019, 11:52:18 am »

Bitching and moaning and whining and crying will not change the fact that we hired Pittman as head coach.  Time to get over it.  You don't have to like the hire but its time to stop posting this crap in MMQB and move onward and let's just see how things work out for us.

But did you read the part about ďlifetime position coachĒ? No? Donít worry. The next time he posts heíll tell you again.

youngthunder

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 01:45:01 pm »

If you really believe everything you just posted then I feel really bad for you.

Your're going feel stupid when I'm right in two to three years. Going to print off your response and put it in a folder and bring it back up later in the future.

youngthunder

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 01:46:35 pm »

Long got a job at Kansas that paid him more than we were, we donít owe him anything. When I see posts like this, I immediately dismiss them as the poster doesnít know enough about the program to keep up, only that their guy didnít get hired, thus a complaint.

I know Arkansas is a dumpster fire and people who lives in a bubble like you are scared to see the reality to it. Keep waiting on next year to come and keep giving coaches time, sooner or later that time is going to expire.

hogbbq

• Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 01:50:14 pm »

Got to disagree.  If Pittman fails it means the program hasn't mad significant progress.  That means finding the kind of coach to fix it gets harder.  Hiring not hard, lots of guys will take 2-3 million to take a stab at it and be ok if it fails.  But fewer really good coaches capable of fixing the mess will be willing to try.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The Peopleís Mod
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 02:47:09 pm »

Your're going feel stupid when I'm right in two to three years. Going to print off your response and put it in a folder and bring it back up later in the future.

No, I won't feel stupid.  I'm fully aware this hire may not work out and I was VERY underwhelmed by this hire.  The simple fact is we are a bad job right now and were turned down by several more highly regarded coaches.  That's just the way it is. 

PearlHarbor

• Senior
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »

I know I'd be a lot more confident if we had a good OC hired.
I'm not good at patience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas