• 10,630,099 Posts
• 417,126 Topics
• 24,411 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A few details that were left out  (Read 14482 times)

Redhogs

Re: A few details that were left out
« Reply #350 on: December 04, 2019, 02:28:45 pm »

Kiffin's flame-out in the NFL, and his flame-out at Southern Cal is worrisome.  Also, he didn't leave Tennessee in a professional manner.

The 5-7 at FAU last season is also a problematic indicator.

With the shape our football program is currently in, the above just doesn't give me any confidence that he can handle our rebuild.
Says poster that said Lane posing for a picture with a female fan was bangin her..give it a rest...you have less than 0 cred.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #351 on: December 04, 2019, 02:30:13 pm »

are dogs & cats living together, yet

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #352 on: December 04, 2019, 02:31:40 pm »

Season tickets have declined by more than 20,000 since the beginning of the Bielema era.

The Hawg Marshal

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • " National Champs 1909,1964 and 1977. "
« Reply #353 on: December 04, 2019, 02:32:46 pm »

Season tickets have declined by more than 20,000 since the beginning of the Bielema era.
If true, that's a lot of money.

presidenthog

« Reply #354 on: December 04, 2019, 02:33:24 pm »

Jerral W. Jones and John Tyson are not dummies.

They both know that Butch Davis and a possible Assistant Coach Staff of Sam Pittman, Tim Harris, Jr., Gene Chizik, and Randy Shannon would win a lot of games.

We already know about Pittman's ability to recruit and coach Offensive Linemen.

You can't get more connected in Florida recruiting than Davis, Harris, Jr., and Shannon.

We would be pulling a lot of recruits out of Florida.

Another hot darn take from the boards version of our PTB when it comes to good coaches.

hoglady

« Reply #355 on: December 04, 2019, 02:34:41 pm »

Iíve been told Jerry has said Laneís ok, proceed ahead. The other guy wanted more interviewed, and since weíre not announcing until after this weekend, no harm. And yes, HY is willing to stand up for the guy he wants, or so I was told.

Well - it appears it has the potential to be very harmful.
Kiffin is taking a second look at FSU and who knows - could be taking a hard look at Ole Miss, too.

Swestwill66

« Reply #356 on: December 04, 2019, 02:35:45 pm »

Bielema was a death by a thousand cuts. Chad was a .44 magnum to the head.

PorkSoda

« Reply #357 on: December 04, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »

Well - it appears it has the potential to be very harmful.
Kiffin is taking a second look at FSU and who knows - could be taking a hard look at Ole Miss, too.
its likely that was going to happen anyway.

We just got to hope that HY can close the deal.

BloodRedHog

• High School Educator
« Reply #358 on: December 04, 2019, 02:38:04 pm »

Let's do a little bit of reading between the lines.

As suggested, we could start a grassroots-level funding campaign. We'd need a boat load more than 60,000 of us each ponying up $100 to equal what the PTB (powers that be, for those getting to the thread late) pony up to UA each year. They don't just give money to UA athletics. They fund entire academic schools at UA.

They became that wealthy (staggering amount of wealth, really) by making good decisions made using good information. Maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't hire a top-end employee with Lane Kiffin's background. Thus, they think we shouldn't hire him as a coach. Maybe. Just sayin'.

And are we really failing to read the "Butch is #2" OP and the "Butch isn't in the picture" follow-up from well-connected sources as the same message? The PTB are pushing back an unacceptable choice (Davis) as a negotiating tactic.  This is where the "compromise" choice (NWA Hog gets it) swoops in at the end and leaves the PTB happy, the AD happy, the team happy, and most fans "ok" or better. The "true believers" - the "my guy or bust" fan who can't see the keyboard in front of them through the fog of disillusion - won't be happy, but likely "come around" at some point.

Ever since Gus came on the scene there has been a grassroots interest in the common fan feeling like they are connected to the UA coach. These folks are jealous of the PTB who really do command some attention, and the Cult of Gus was built by the commoner being made to feel important. Guess where it was learned? The Cult of Frank, because Broyles could work a room like no other (in his prime, anyway).

Florida State's involvement with Kiffin is about money and timing. We have to wait (timing) so any interest FSU shows Kiffin raises the payday. Maybe UA wins, but we'll still have to outbid FSU. If that falls through...Harsin and Leach stand to be announced sometime Sunday. I think you'll see someone like that brought in as the compromise hire - and don't think that Barry Switzer telling everybody he can that Leach is ready to come home and save the program doesn't carry some stroke with the PTB at UA.

Then Hunter will leave... if an AD who made the decision that Kiffin was the best fit to turn this program around based on his research and data is forced to hire a compromise by less-football savvy but wealthy folks, then he will not want to stay...
what man wants to be a puppet.

chortle

• A little Sooie now and then...
« Reply #359 on: December 04, 2019, 02:39:11 pm »

Then Hunter will leave... if an AD who made the decision that Kiffin was the best fit to turn this program around based on his research and data is forced to hire a compromise by less-football savvy but wealthy folks, then he will not want to stay...

Jeff Long.

jst01

« Reply #360 on: December 04, 2019, 02:40:23 pm »

Yep. I think Hunter will call their bluff honestly.  I'm hiring this guy, if you want to pull your money, do it. None of these guys are funding the program like T. Boone.  And these guys will be mad, but in the end, they will show up to their functions on their planes and sit in their boxes and rub elbows with all the rest b/c IT IS ALL THEY HAVE as a Hog fan.

Chris McWilliams

• "He's a self-made man and worships his creator."
« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2019, 02:42:35 pm »

Fans should not pay to read about their favorite teams.  I 100% disagree paying for premium content

Which why youíre the man and most of us appreciate being able to come here

JJHog

« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2019, 02:42:39 pm »

BOT : stay out of it and let our AD hire the coach
if they foul up Kiffin, iíll never buy another piece of chicken!
how can wealthy, smart people be so darn prideful!!

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2019, 02:43:04 pm »

Says poster that said Lane posing for a picture with a female fan was bangin her..give it a rest...you have less than 0 cred.

I never said that.

All I did was post the link to the article.

#hammerdown

• Hogvillian
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2019, 02:43:13 pm »

Maybe Butch will read this thread then call John and say Iím out. Nobody wants to be booed at their introductory press conference

Seebs

« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2019, 02:44:02 pm »

Hire him. Win. Shut them down and await their deaths.

soonerhawg

« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2019, 02:45:06 pm »

Jeff Long.

I think he wanted to be WITH a puppet.

ricepig

« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2019, 02:46:52 pm »

If true, that's a lot of money.

We sold 63k coming off the Cotton Bowl game of 2011/2012, we sold 43k last season, both of those figures include the student access pass sales. We hit 58k+or- a time or 2 under Bielema.

East TN HAWG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2019, 02:47:04 pm »

(3) A combination of factors. It would take many garden-variety fans to make up for contributions from big money; because the Razorbacks are the only game in Arkansas, there is an attendance “floor” (i.e., I - and many more fans like me - won’t stop going to games no matter who we hire); and the sting of non-attendance by garden-variety fans is mitigated somewhat by the river of money we get from being in the SEC.

Your kidding yourself if you believe the Razorbacks are the only game in town.  The Razorbacks are a form of entertainment.  If the entertainment is bad, the average Joes will quit coming to the show.  Then movies become a more viable option.  If there is no interest from the average Joe, the program will die. 

NASCAR is the best example of this.  The alienated their core fan base by catering to the big donors.  Increased prices etc.  Joes quit coming, and now, it is dying a little every year.   

The big donors keep screwing this up.  They obviously do not know what they are doing.  They really screwed it up last time.  This should be left to HY, and only him.

Cave City Joe

« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2019, 02:47:25 pm »

Time to start rooting for the HoustonTexans and stop eating chicken. Like hawgndaaz said HY should tell the university good bye and good luck

Spektre

« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2019, 02:47:52 pm »

Just think of where the football program could be if the people with the money didn't have the massive ego to go with it? You make millions and billions with chicken? Stick to the ******* chicken.

This is do or die time for the football program and the AD position as a whole. Either let the guy make his choice and butt the hell out, or watch as your selfish, egocentric, power-mongering ass drives the fan base and the current and any future AD's away.

You can call me anything you want to. I don't care a bit. I am good with Leach, Kiffin, Norvell, and any number of legitimate head coaches that HUNTER YURACHEK picked to lead our program if HE deems it the best choice. I'm game for whoever it is and we'll roll with it. If our AD isn't allowed to do his job and the people that are responsible for this mess **** it up again and again and again... I'm out. I'll follow another college or pro football team and pull for the Razorbacks in the other sports.

There is no consideration for the fan base or the program at all if that happens, which means guys like my pops who is getting on up in the years and is a die hard Razorbacks fan may not ever get to see his team be truly competitive because some asshat with money wants to wear the big boy pants for a day. My family bleeds Razorback red, but at some point you have to stand up for what you believe in. Driving away the best coaches we can get to lead the program just so some old bastards with a gob of money to spare can have their way isn't right.

If the folks with the big money had the best intentions for the program, they would just donate. No stipulations. No caveats. Just "here's my way of helping... make it count." Think of where the program would be right now if that was the case. It's not. That's why every person that forks out a big chunk of tax deductible dough isn't necessarily a true fan or even a legitimate friend of the program. The biggest investment anyone can make in anything is time. You don't get that back. It isn't tax deductible. It doesn't take long to write a check. Fans that plan entire weekends around ballgames... fans that drive hours and hours as a family to watch the Hogs live putting butts in the stands... we want what's best for the program, the teams, and the players. If your donation can't come with that perspective, then it isn't a donation. It's bribery.

Cotton

• Formerly of ESPN 8 "The Ocho"
« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2019, 02:48:15 pm »

Fans should not pay to read about their favorite teams.  I 100% disagree paying for premium content
+1000

Darth Hognutts

« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2019, 02:53:14 pm »

Iíve been told Jerry has said Laneís ok, proceed ahead. The other guy wanted more interviewed, and since weíre not announcing until after this weekend, no harm. And yes, HY is willing to stand up for the guy he wants, or so I was told.

Why all the sky is falling talk then? If Jerry says Lane is ok, and HY is ready to stand up for his guy, I feel like the dumbo who is trying to block Lane will eventually have to back down if he is outnumbered. Lord I hope so.

SSFrazorback

« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2019, 02:58:02 pm »

Kiffin's flame-out in the NFL, and his flame-out at Southern Cal is worrisome.  Also, he didn't leave Tennessee in a professional manner.

The 5-7 at FAU last season is also a problematic indicator.

With the shape our football program is currently in, the above just doesn't give me any confidence that he can handle our rebuild.

Saben and Patrinoís flame outs in the NFL are a concern too.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• That's nice.... Real nice!
« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2019, 02:59:09 pm »

Guys, it's just Wednesday. We haven't got to the Bobby Petrino being rehired rumors yet. It's going to be alright.

online-with-swine

• Blah, Blah, Blah
« Reply #375 on: December 04, 2019, 03:02:47 pm »

HY should just hold a press conference to announce his resignation and tell the the PTB  ďgood luck with this ď.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #376 on: December 04, 2019, 03:04:40 pm »

Just think of where the football program could be if the people with the money didn't have the massive ego to go with it? You make millions and billions with chicken? Stick to the ******* chicken.

YEa, just think. Who pays most of the coaches salary? The RF foundation ( ie big $ donors ). Who pays the buyouts when things go bad? Big money donors. Do you think, if it were up to the regular fans, they could come up with 3 or mil a year ( and that doesn't include assistants plus all the other sports ) year after year after year?

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I liked Big Mike but it was a lie
« Reply #377 on: December 04, 2019, 03:13:49 pm »

It is not going to be Davis. Whoever started that crap rumor is sitting back laughing at all of yíall.

Correct. And HY Will not be bullied either. I'm not worried

Alpha 211

« Reply #378 on: December 04, 2019, 03:16:24 pm »

I'm posting this on behalf of someone I spoke to this morning who is fully aware that I will be posting it.  He has read what Porkatarian posted this morning,  but also wrote what Lanny posted a day or two ago and doesn't want his home or work IP address associated with this. 

Here's the cliff notes version:

Pork is right about three things. First,  Kiffin is it.  Second, Davis is number 2 and has heavy hitters backing him.  Third,  Lane and his camp do now have their ears perked up about FSU.

That said, very important details are missing,  and he thinks it is intentional that they were left off,  as he believes that Pork is connected and would 100% be aware of this. Lane said "I do." Hunter said "I do." A very small but powerful and vocal faction said "We don't" and demanded that HY continue his "due diligence." LK was no longer considering FSU and was sold on Arkansas until this interference. IT WAS A DONE DEAL (his emphasis). Him now waiting to gauge potential interest from FSU is a tit for tat for the athletic department continuing their "due diligence" after he had already said yes to HY.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,  but there is absolutely a faction stomping their feet trying to get their way and potentially sabotaging the process. 

If we do end up with Kiffin,  it will be a testament to HY and his big brass balls. If not, it's because there has been zero shift in the power behind Arkansas sports and the same people are still pulling the strings.

Hogville is the pulse of the average Joe fanbase.  The PTB absolutely want the people who care enough to post here daily to be behind this hire. This final paragraph has been edited and the portion about the thread being deleted has been removed.  Lanny has stated he takes direction from no one, and I have no reason to not believe that.

Disclaimer - I mean no offense, I have an honest question, please.
Question about the portion I changed to red:
There are ~25,000 registered members on here, correct?
Just taking a WILD stab at numbers - let's say 33% (~8,300) members on here are season ticket holders.
The PTB are worried about how ~8,300 season ticket holders think about a coaching search?
That makes no sense - who are the PTB mentioned here?
Thank you.

How can this make sense?

East Clintwood

« Reply #379 on: December 04, 2019, 03:35:21 pm »

You know, we strive to be like Alabama, LSU, and Georgia from a football success perspective.

Here is the fundamental question.

Would Alabama, LSU, or Georgia hire Lane Kiffin to be their Head Coach?

They sure as hell wouldn't hire Butch Davis.

Dropkick

• I'm somewhere in the middle
« Reply #380 on: December 04, 2019, 03:36:32 pm »

Just taking a WILD stab at numbers - let's say 33% (~8,300) members on here are season ticket holders.
The PTB are worried about how ~8,300 season ticket holders think about a coaching search?
Thank you.

How can this make sense?
Bigger sample size than the media uses to push their agendas.............................

East_tex_hog

« Reply #381 on: December 04, 2019, 03:36:55 pm »

They sure as hell wouldn't hire Butch Davis.

LSU had the opportunity as well as UGA and both went with defensive guys instead....looks to have worked out pretty well for them both.

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #382 on: December 04, 2019, 03:38:08 pm »

Yet LSU has one of, if not, the greatest offense in the country

GoHogsGo

« Reply #383 on: December 04, 2019, 03:38:49 pm »

Thank you.

How can this make sense?

I think the idea would be that this is like taking a public opinion poll.  You donít usually literally ask everyone in a poll, but you hope cover enough to gauge the reaction of the whole.

East_tex_hog

« Reply #384 on: December 04, 2019, 03:41:17 pm »

Yet LSU has one of, if not, the greatest offense in the country

Well at least for another game anyway....

Twister

• Band Nerd
« Reply #385 on: December 04, 2019, 03:43:33 pm »

Thank you.

How can this make sense?

Actually if you assume the average season ticket holder buys about 4 tickets that would be 8300 X 4 = 33,200 tickets being represented here

FrankNBeans

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #386 on: December 04, 2019, 03:55:13 pm »

Thank you.

How can this make sense?

No offense taken. 8300 season tickets is currently about 20% or one fifth of the 43000 season tickets sold. That's more than enough to worry about. If 8300 season ticket holders decided not to renew after this hire, the U of A would melt down. Conversely, if 8300 new season ticket holders were added based on a home run hire, champagne bottles would be popping.

hoglady

« Reply #387 on: December 04, 2019, 03:55:49 pm »

Let's do a little bit of reading between the lines.

As suggested, we could start a grassroots-level funding campaign. We'd need a boat load more than 60,000 of us each ponying up $100 to equal what the PTB (powers that be, for those getting to the thread late) pony up to UA each year. They don't just give money to UA athletics. They fund entire academic schools at UA.

They became that wealthy (staggering amount of wealth, really) by making good decisions made using good information. Maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't hire a top-end employee with Lane Kiffin's background. Thus, they think we shouldn't hire him as a coach. Maybe. Just sayin'.

And are we really failing to read the "Butch is #2" OP and the "Butch isn't in the picture" follow-up from well-connected sources as the same message? The PTB are pushing back an unacceptable choice (Davis) as a negotiating tactic.  This is where the "compromise" choice (NWA Hog gets it) swoops in at the end and leaves the PTB happy, the AD happy, the team happy, and most fans "ok" or better. The "true believers" - the "my guy or bust" fan who can't see the keyboard in front of them through the fog of disillusion - won't be happy, but likely "come around" at some point.

Ever since Gus came on the scene there has been a grassroots interest in the common fan feeling like they are connected to the UA coach. These folks are jealous of the PTB who really do command some attention, and the Cult of Gus was built by the commoner being made to feel important. Guess where it was learned? The Cult of Frank, because Broyles could work a room like no other (in his prime, anyway).

Florida State's involvement with Kiffin is about money and timing. We have to wait (timing) so any interest FSU shows Kiffin raises the payday. Maybe UA wins, but we'll still have to outbid FSU. If that falls through...Harsin and Leach stand to be announced sometime Sunday. I think you'll see someone like that brought in as the compromise hire - and don't think that Barry Switzer telling everybody he can that Leach is ready to come home and save the program doesn't carry some stroke with the PTB at UA.

I'd be just fine with Leach being the compromise hire - we could only be so lucky.
And in my mind possibly a better hire than Kiffin.
I'd be counting the days to the first game to see what he could do with this offense.

But I'd still like for HY to have his guy - he's the AD and I think it's important that the AD and the coach have a great working relationship. After all, his job is probably on the line with this hire.
And it seems Kiffin is his guy.

JONAS

« Reply #388 on: December 04, 2019, 03:56:37 pm »

This is do or die time for the football program and the AD position as a whole. Either let the guy make his choice and butt the hell out, or watch as your selfish, egocentric, power-mongering ass drives the fan base and the current and any future AD's away.

You can call me anything you want to. I don't care a bit. I am good with Leach, Kiffin, Norvell, and any number of legitimate head coaches that HUNTER YURACHEK picked to lead our program if HE deems it the best choice. I'm game for whoever it is and we'll roll with it. If our AD isn't allowed to do his job and the people that are responsible for this mess **** it up again and again and again... I'm out. I'll follow another college or pro football team and pull for the Razorbacks in the other sports.

There is no consideration for the fan base or the program at all if that happens, which means guys like my pops who is getting on up in the years and is a die hard Razorbacks fan may not ever get to see his team be truly competitive because some asshat with money wants to wear the big boy pants for a day. My family bleeds Razorback red, but at some point you have to stand up for what you believe in. Driving away the best coaches we can get to lead the program just so some old bastards with a gob of money to spare can have their way isn't right.

If the folks with the big money had the best intentions for the program, they would just donate. No stipulations. No caveats. Just "here's my way of helping... make it count." Think of where the program would be right now if that was the case. It's not. That's why every person that forks out a big chunk of tax deductible dough isn't necessarily a true fan or even a legitimate friend of the program. The biggest investment anyone can make in anything is time. You don't get that back. It isn't tax deductible. It doesn't take long to write a check. Fans that plan entire weekends around ballgames... fans that drive hours and hours as a family to watch the Hogs live putting butts in the stands... we want what's best for the program, the teams, and the players. If your donation can't come with that perspective, then it isn't a donation. It's bribery.

I agree.   Donate money to help the program and let the AD pick the coach.  Right now, I'll support whoever HY picks.  I will not support whoever some old, rich dude picks.

Alpha 211

« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2019, 04:05:13 pm »

No offense taken. 8300 season tickets is currently about 20% or one fifth of the 43000 season tickets sold. That's more than enough to worry about. If 8300 season ticket holders decided not to renew after this hire, the U of A would melt down. Conversely, if 8300 new season ticket holders were added based on a home run hire, champagne bottles would be popping.
Thank you. I had no idea how to get my head around that one.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #390 on: December 04, 2019, 04:53:48 pm »

Jeff Long would have hired Tommy Bowden without intervention.  Later when the tables had turned, he hired JLS and then Beliema all on his own.  Then, he rammed through an obscene contract and the money men let him.

I donít know if there really are people who oppose Kiffin and are making a stink.  But if there are, maybe they just remember some of what has happened before.  I donít know who is right and what the right answer is, but it ainít as black and white as many here would believe.

Tommy Bowden used the pursuit for a raise, and then got fired the very next year. He wasn't coming to Arkansas.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #391 on: December 04, 2019, 04:58:36 pm »

Tommy Bowden used the pursuit for a raise, and then got fired the very next year. He wasn't coming to Arkansas.

Actually Tommy Bowden unofficially accepted the Arkansas job but Jeff Long was told not to bother bringing him before the BOT because they wouldn't agree to the hire.

tusksincolorado

• This isn't Razorback Football!
« Reply #392 on: December 04, 2019, 05:00:36 pm »

He most likely will. Im sure there will be a lot of fans leaving or at least not watching Arkansas football anymore.

I know one....

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #393 on: December 04, 2019, 05:10:44 pm »

Great post.  However,  you failed to address the meat and potatoes of the post.  It was a done deal.  Kiffin had already said yes and was no longer interested in FSU. Of course FSU is a better job.  Doesn't matter in the least.  HY had his man,  just like with Muss. It was over.  I'm hoping this is just agentry and an attempt to add some money to the contract.  However,  the main assertion in your post is invalid.  LK in this case would not take the FSU job over Arkansas.  He'd already agreed to coach at Arkansas.  Unless you can provide something to dispute that,  your entire post is just an opinion. I appreciate the thoughts though.

Are you frank'n serious?
You don't have any absolutely proof it was a done deal. The job has been Kiffin's first to take since the LSU game weekend, and it's never been completely done and won't be until Kiffin knows for certain he's not in line to land the FSU job. Nothing came up and made him think, "uh-oh, some of those terrible Arkansas good ol' boys are trying to make them hire Butch or Leach, I better try and see of FSU will offer me the job." They (Norvell and Kiffin) both have the same agent working for them. I know the agent fairly well as well as others who worked for him for years, for gosh sakes. I'll leave it at that. Now, if HY, Steve Cox or Jon Fagg personally told you that "Kiffin told us yes, but now he's waffling and trying to get the FSU job," then say it. Otherwise, I would say you're just throwing around yours or someone's opinion of where it all stands.
I cannot believe how people here just throw out rumor du jour and assumption du jour after speculation du jour, heard from somebody who heard it from somebody else or was following a frickin' plane around and surmised every candidate by the cities the plane stopped in, but you say to me, "Unless you can provide something to dispute that,  your entire post is just an opinion." I mean, WTH? I don't post "an opinion" here, as you call it, unless I've checked it several times over.

hawgtime

« Reply #394 on: December 04, 2019, 05:46:16 pm »

Don't worry about it guys. HY said he won't let us down.... I believe that

plus HY needs time to get all of the Hog gear so that LK looks sweet in the photos and presser.

ShadowHawg

« Reply #395 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:30 pm »

I'm posting this on behalf of someone I spoke to this morning who is fully aware that I will be posting it.  He has read what Porkatarian posted this morning,  but also wrote what Lanny posted a day or two ago and doesn't want his home or work IP address associated with this. 

Here's the cliff notes version:

Pork is right about three things. First,  Kiffin is it.  Second, Davis is number 2 and has heavy hitters backing him.  Third,  Lane and his camp do now have their ears perked up about FSU.

That said, very important details are missing,  and he thinks it is intentional that they were left off,  as he believes that Pork is connected and would 100% be aware of this. Lane said "I do." Hunter said "I do." A very small but powerful and vocal faction said "We don't" and demanded that HY continue his "due diligence." LK was no longer considering FSU and was sold on Arkansas until this interference. IT WAS A DONE DEAL (his emphasis). Him now waiting to gauge potential interest from FSU is a tit for tat for the athletic department continuing their "due diligence" after he had already said yes to HY.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,  but there is absolutely a faction stomping their feet trying to get their way and potentially sabotaging the process. 

If we do end up with Kiffin,  it will be a testament to HY and his big brass balls. If not, it's because there has been zero shift in the power behind Arkansas sports and the same people are still pulling the strings.

Hogville is the pulse of the average Joe fanbase.  The PTB absolutely want the people who care enough to post here daily to be behind this hire. This final paragraph has been edited and the portion about the thread being deleted has been removed.  Lanny has stated he takes direction from no one, and I have no reason to not believe that.

Playing games in LR was doing the bidding of the GOBN. Now you are selling he has decided to buck up against the "old guard".

If he is so in charge, why isn't his guy hired already?

It's not the information I doubt, it's the interpretation of the competing factions that isn't adding up. It sounds more like LR playuz want Kiffin and NWA want Davis. But the LR playuz and 60s era former players are the old GOBN.

LRhawg926

• Senior
« Reply #396 on: December 04, 2019, 06:11:09 pm »

If the LR playuz want Kiffin, sounds like they have more sense.especially since WMS had the best environment this year...

PorkSoda

« Reply #397 on: December 04, 2019, 06:13:16 pm »

Playing games in LR was doing the bidding of the GOBN. Now you are selling he has decided to buck up against the "old guard".

If he is so in charge, why isn't his guy hired already?

It's not the information I doubt, it's the interpretation of the competing factions that isn't adding up. It sounds more like LR playuz want Kiffin and NWA want Davis. But the LR playuz and 60s era former players are the old GOBN.
I'm sure the GOBN has about the same consensus of opinion that hogville does, which is none. 

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

• Varsity
  • The best of men, are men at best.
« Reply #398 on: December 04, 2019, 06:15:00 pm »

I'm sure the GOBN has about the same consensus of opinion that hogville does, which is none.

Bet the GOBN is a bit more civil about it  ;D :D ;D :D

Wahls

• The Real King of De Queen.
« Reply #399 on: December 04, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »

Another hot darn take from the boards version of our PTB when it comes to good coaches.

At least I haven't seen him bring up Clint Conque.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas