• 10,794,528 Posts
• 421,212 Topics
• 24,750 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter Golf  (Read 424 times)

GolfNut57

Winter Golf
« on: December 02, 2019, 05:06:58 pm »

How many here brave the cold temps to get in a few holes when the mercury drops below 40? What are your tricks to score well despite being bundled up under 20 lbs of cold weather gear?

I went out for a round at 9 this morning and it was pretty darn nipply out there with it being around 38 degrees. And that was without the constant wind blowing.....when it did blow that made the temp feel like it was in the mid 20's. And the balls felt like you were hitting round pieces of granite.

kingofdequeen

Re: Winter Golf
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 11:40:12 am »

nice round boomer.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 12:58:28 pm »

Considering I didn't keep score it was a GREAT round.  :)

joeyself

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 09:21:22 pm »

I have a rule--maybe more of a guideline, but at my advanced age, it's approaching a rule--that I don't play in bad weather.  If it's too hot, too cold, too windy, too wet (during or following a rain), I don't play.  I don't like to play on a wet track, and I don't care to be uncomfortable the whole time I'm supposed to be enjoying myself.  The wind, maybe I'll deal with that if otherwise it's not too cold.

The good thing is that in Arkansas, I can usually find a day each month that is OK to play in.  Yeah, I'll take conditions in February that would cause me to pass in May, but I know I don't have to play when it's sub 40, or 100+ or too wet if I am patient.

JcS

respirback

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 09:59:03 pm »

Bring a bottle of Hot Damn.

Martygit

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 01:39:26 pm »

I used to play regardless of the weather - have played in snow and ice storms - when the day came to play, I played - now, not so much - If it's in the high 40's, sun shining and no wind, I'll play - otherwise, I'll stay in - no interest in bundling up in multiple layers and freezing my butt off at this point in my life

kingofdequeen

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 08:46:43 am »

played at North Hills Saturday and shot 76 - felt like 66 on dormant bermuda and with the cold weather.   got the bug to play so im forcing it.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 08:48:19 am »

My dad firmly believed in the 90 degree rule.  If it was 90 or above, he'd play.

Below 50 was strictly build a fire and drink beer weather.  And go striper fishing.  He loved him some stripers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas