• 10,749,490 Posts
• 420,075 Topics
• 24,695 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really enjoyed...  (Read 1958 times)

Foshodo

Really enjoyed...
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:03:27 pm »

Hearing Henderson’s energy through the broadcast...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:27:02 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

Bucksnout

Re: Really enjoyed...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »

Why the HECK does Henderson not play more?????????  Bad practicing?  What?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

daprospecta

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:00:58 pm »

I can't figure it out. He's our tallest player and one of the most athletic. He blocked two shots back to back and then dunked on a rebound the very next possession. We haven't seen anything like that since DG.  I really really like Muss but I think he is under utilizing EH.

Hogfan1980

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:13 pm »

Every time he comes in the game, watching him away from the ball, he looks like he's still confused and trying to figure out the system. I was just a few rows off the floor tonight, and watched him closely again.. he looked MUCH more comfortable tonight. It's obvious that his nerves are part of it. Won't be long, I think he'll take Cylla's minutes away.

cardinalhawg

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 10:13:31 pm »

I can't figure it out. He's our tallest player and one of the most athletic. He blocked two shots back to back and then dunked on a rebound the very next possession. We haven't seen anything like that since DG.  I really really like Muss but I think he is under utilizing EH.

I think with Henderson it goes back to defensive positioning and consistent hustle.  He still gets beat on defense although he can recover nice with his length, but overall tends to put himself in the less than ideal positions on defense.  It is obvious that he doesn't have the strength needed at times, but is still battling well and does certain things that show his potential such as the offensive rebound and quick smooth dunk and ability to block shots when even out of position and trying to recover on defense. 

I remember from when I was at the exhibition game against UALR that Muss communicated to Williams which led to Williams quickly talking to Henderson out on the court regarding where he needed to be, so I am guess it is a work in progress on Henderson being where he needs to be.

With all of that being said, I enjoyed the effort and battling from Henderson tonight and thought he gave us a spark with his blocking, rebounding effort, and offensive putback. 

USChog

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 10:18:20 pm »

Yes he provided good energy but also was out of position and picked up 3 quick fouls being too aggressive. Here's to hoping he keeps developing and gives us some length.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 10:31:41 pm »

Coach Musselman, on Ethan Henderson’s contribution to the game:
Henderson minutes were phenomenal , the block shots, mentally ready to play at that juncture of the game, to come in tonight and produce.

I was pumped and jacked up for Ethan Henderson , he played his heart out - Coach Musselman Arkansas.

“Ethan came in and gave us great energy. If he keeps that up, he’ll earn more minutes this season.” - Isaiah Joe

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:38:21 pm »

Every time he comes in the game, watching him away from the ball, he looks like he's still confused and trying to figure out the system. I was just a few rows off the floor tonight, and watched him closely again.. he looked MUCH more comfortable tonight. It's obvious that his nerves are part of it. Won't be long, I think he'll take Cylla's minutes away.

Doubtful, unless Cylla shoots his way off the floor.

SWD26

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 10:58:40 pm »

If he keeps improving he could be the difference in making the post-season this year. May be our missing piece to the puzzle.

Alpha 211

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 11:12:36 pm »

Loved seeing Ethan's work tonight

PetrinoFan

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 11:28:44 pm »

Proud of Ethan Henderson, but one thing I can point out is he guards soft and needs to be more physical guarding in the paint.  Replay is up on YouTube.

BeaverHog

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 11:38:33 pm »

Proud of Ethan Henderson, but one thing I can point out is he guards soft and needs to be more physical guarding in the paint.  Replay is up on YouTube.

Coach is not like Anderson. He will only play his 7-9 always. Only with foul trouble will he  extend. And you can do that if you’re not full pressing the whole court and pick up cheap fouls.

PetrinoFan

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 11:43:11 pm »

Coach is not like Anderson. He will only play his 7-9 always. Only with foul trouble will he  extend. And you can do that if you’re not full pressing the whole court and pick up cheap fouls.

I'm confused on how you throw in about Coach is not like Anderson.  I know this, and I never even mentioned him.  If you watch the highlights, you will see how Ethan plays.  Proud of his contribution, however he needs to be a little more physical.

Hogfan1980

• Band Nerd
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 11:55:17 pm »

Doubtful, unless Cylla shoots his way off the floor.

Imo he already has... he's only scored a few buckets all season. Looks totally uncomfortable 99% of the time

Tejano Jawg

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 12:39:49 am »

If you hear Musselman's presser (referenced above) when he talks about Henderson, that will give you an idea what he's after.

AtticusHawg

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 12:52:20 am »

If you watch Henderson away from the ball, he gets lost - he leaves holes. I was watching today just because I wanted to see if I could figure it out. Henderson is a vulnerability when it comes to defense. He plays with energy, but this is a different system and a different coach. The way he plays is also why he picked up 3 fouls in 4 minutes of play. Because he's usually out of position and having to recover, just like he did on that block. I think he can definitely work his way into the lineup, but he's got to have a higher basketball IQ.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:08 am »

The block on the big at the rim appeared to be the result of the guy standing alone because Henderson lost him. It was like a CB looking into the backfield and getting burned. He was watching the play in front of him and the guy positioned himself to get the ball and go up. Good thing is Henderson recovered and made a play.

I loved seeing his play last night. I love watching player development. I love watching the guy that the instant gratification people have written down as the next transfer, develop and become a useful piece. There is nothing wrong with a guy on the end of the bench getting limited minutes as a sophomore, becoming useful as a junior and being a productive piece as a senior. I don't know if that is the path for Ethan but I would love to see it. His path might be to transfer down but I would love to see him be an Adrio type player, sticking it out. Now, we might become too talented for that guy to get appreciable minutes but I will wish nothing but the best for him.

As far as him getting minutes only when we are in foul trouble, I've got news. We are going to get in foul trouble.

hogfan98

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Agree to Disagree
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 10:16:14 am »

Henderson definitely looks lost on the floor sometimes.  But I think he earned some second half playing time that he didn't get.  A little disappointed Muss didn't reward the first half effort.  I'm sure Ethan was too. 

Satellite

• Varsity
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 10:30:51 am »

Henderson definitely looks lost on the floor sometimes.  But I think he earned some second half playing time that he didn't get.  A little disappointed Muss didn't reward the first half effort.  I'm sure Ethan was too.

This isn't the CMA era where guys get rewarded for flashes of great plays. Ethan is going to have to earn his time in the practice gym and more importantly the film room. If he can use these minutes to show CEM that he's working on fixing the lapses he shows on O and D. He may get more time. But as of now, I think someone said it best, Muss is only going to go 7 maybe 8 deep. And that will depend on foul trouble. I don't trust Ethan in the game when it's close against older, smarter players. And it seems neither does Muss. It'll be great once he puts it all together but until then he needs to study and understand what he needs to do on the floor. His athletic ability won't save him against equally athletic teams

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 03:53:26 pm »

Imo he already has... he's only scored a few buckets all season. Looks totally uncomfortable 99% of the time

He's got a long way to go before that happens.    I wouldn't look for a Henderson with his PT shake up unless we went on something like a 5 game skid.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas