• 10,676,615 Posts
• 418,357 Topics
• 24,554 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Football over....Who else is ready for some Baseball!! Baseball School Baby!  (Read 661 times)

FaulknerHogfan

I cant see how we don't make a run at the World Series this year and especially next year...   What do y'all think?

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!

You won't see a ton of people in this forum making guarantee trips to Omaha.  This board never gets too high or too low.  Baseball is a long game, a long season, and a sometimes downright frustrating sport.  Making it to the CWS is extremely tough.  Takes a great team.  Elite coaching.  And some luck.  I'd say we are likely to have the first two but you never know about the third.  Lady luck can be cruel.

To your other point.  We are pretty much an everything but football school now.  Hoops is doing great so far.  Women's track wins another national championship.  I think the golf programs (both men and women's) are solid.  Softball and soccer are awesome.  Even our club level hockey team is good.  Football will make it's comeback.

In the meantime, welcome to extra innings.  Hope you make your way to Baum-Walker (if you don't already).  Would love to pack the stadium every game if we could.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

JonClaudeVanHam

If Noland and Wick make the leap in consistency that Campbell made last year then we’ll be tough. If not, then we’ll need to see an unknown step up to really have a shot at Omaha. I expect the offense to remain elite though.

baseball.u.stat

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Really curious to see if Auburn and Ole Miss can repeat their success from last year. Auburn returns basically everyone and Ole Miss has been recruiting at an unreal pace.

OwassoHog

Baseball is a funny game. Washington Nationals win the World Series after starting 19-31. It's a long season and it is not for the mental midgets. We have a lot of experienced pieces coming back, so on paper we are looking good. Just need to stay healthy and play our game and we will have a shot.

hogginbama

Baseball is a funny game. Washington Nationals win the World Series after starting 19-31. It's a long season and it is not for the mental midgets. We have a lot of experienced pieces coming back, so on paper we are looking good. Just need to stay healthy and play our game and we will have a shot.

And we have to remember, slumps will happen to the best of hitters. As fans we can't get down in the gutter and ride the players when they occur.

daprospecta

Don't sleep on our basketball team guys. We are 7-0 and nation is slowly starting to take notice.

jabberjawls

I'm ready for some baseball, but in the meantime, the coaching search has been pretty entertaining.

Hogwop

• All-American Hogvillian
  • You've raised my frosty dander!

Don't sleep on our basketball team guys. We are 7-0 and nation is slowly starting to take notice.

This cannot be said enough. Those kids on that basketball team play hard and deserve all our support

BSJ

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

I'm ready for some baseball, but in the meantime, the coaching search has been pretty entertaining.

Have to agree, but my son's team starts baseball practice this weekend.  I'm ready for it to

JONAS

I'm definitely ready for baseball after this football coaching search.

ucahogfan

Really curious to see if Auburn and Ole Miss can repeat their success from last year. Auburn returns basically everyone and Ole Miss has been recruiting at an unreal pace.
Auburn has to do better on offense this year and they lost two of their bigger threats in Holland and Julien.  While their BAs were towards the bottom, they provided some thump at the plate.  They were a bad SEC offense and need to improve greatly there.  Thompson has also shown he will ride his ace into the ground and I doubt Burns makes it through the entire year healthy.  He got hurt last year as well as Mize got hurt before him.

Ole Miss lost a ton heading into this year as they lost five regulars including their top four hitters in Kessinger, Olenek, Zabowski and Dillard.  They also lost their defensive stud behind the plate in Cooper Johnson.  Sure, the Hogs lost more regulars in between 2018 and 2019 without much of a drop off, but it really comes down to what we returned in Kjerstad, Martin and Fletcher.  Getting Nikhazy back is huge, but how does he do as the Friday night guy?  Who also knows how valuable Ealy and Plumlee will be as two sport guys?  We saw how Noland struggled during spring ball and then adjusted after it was over.

I think they slot in more in that second tier in the SEC West behind us, Mississippi State and LSU.

Razorback7281

Auburn has to do better on offense this year and they lost two of their bigger threats in Holland and Julien.  While their BAs were towards the bottom, they provided some thump at the plate.  They were a bad SEC offense and need to improve greatly there.  Thompson has also shown he will ride his ace into the ground and I doubt Burns makes it through the entire year healthy.  He got hurt last year as well as Mize got hurt before him.

Ole Miss lost a ton heading into this year as they lost five regulars including their top four hitters in Kessinger, Olenek, Zabowski and Dillard.  They also lost their defensive stud behind the plate in Cooper Johnson.  Sure, the Hogs lost more regulars in between 2018 and 2019 without much of a drop off, but it really comes down to what we returned in Kjerstad, Martin and Fletcher.  Getting booger eating Nikhazy back is huge, but how does he do as the Friday night guy?  Who also knows how valuable Ealy and Plumlee will be as two sport guys?  We saw how Noland struggled during spring ball and then adjusted after it was over.

I think they slot in more in that second tier in the SEC West behind us, Mississippi State and LSU.
Think there's a new law in Arkansas that states you must remind the reader when speaking of the booger eater.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas