• 10,683,728 Posts
• 418,514 Topics
• 24,569 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tell Your Story: How / When / Why you came up with your Avatar and/or Sig Line?  (Read 321 times)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Tell Your Story: How and when and why you came up with your avatar and/or sig line and/or User Name for Hogville. Do they have a special meaning? Have you had other avatars and sig lines in the past?

What is the best avatar/sig line/user name you have seen and who has/had it?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 12:32:12 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

IronMountainHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • “It ain’t Arkan, it’s Arkansas baby!!” -DMAC 2007

I came up with my user name because I was born in Iron Mountain, Michigan in 1970, moved to Springdale in 1976, and been a rabid Razorback fan ever since.

My avatar is Darren McFadden running in for a touchdown against the Tigers. I picked that because I had hoped and prayed that one day the state of Arkansas would produce a native son that the rest of the nation could argue was the best in there was. Not only during his playing days, but of all time.

My sig line is from after Arkansas took down #1 LSU and they were interviewing Houston Nutt, DMac rolled up with his little bat and delivered a message on national tv. “I got that wood! And it ain’t At-Kan, it’s Arkansas baby!” (directed at Les Miles for not pronouncing Arkansas correctly earlier that week). Love it.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.

I've always thought The Iceman in the movie Top Gun was underappreciated. He was the true good guy and hero of the story. So my name and avatar honors that.

WorfHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • neH wa' Qap

I thought the new logo looked like a Klingon from Star Trek TNG. I had Doug change my name a few years back to WorfHog.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 10:21:08 pm by WorfHog »

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!

Username...I played gigs for a living, now I don't.

Avatar...not sure where I came across it, but thought it was funny how the blonde looks to be sizing herself up with the competition.  When life gives you lemons...just makes more sense to me now!

Sig line...big Caddyshack fan back in the day when I could actually play golf.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Welcome Coach Sam Pittman

USERNAME— As I remember, it was the first thing I thought of. I've lived in Texas since graduating the UA in Spring of '85, so I wanted something geographical. And I did like the alliteration of the 'HAno/HAWG' sound.

Regarding the term Tejano (like Tejano music), I really don't know what that is specifically. I think it's Selena, but not necessarily accordion. Nor am I a Spanish speaker, although I did have a native Spanish-speaking girlfriend in the mid-90s, so I picked up some stuff.

AVATAR— My first one after joining Hogville in '05 was a classic off-brand Razorback hog graphic, like you'd see on stickers or calendars in the 1960s. I had it for maybe 3 years. Then I found my current one, which is perfect...the hog wearing a sombrero, while chilling on the beach. I think it was a 1950s vintage illustration from a cookbook or something.

GoshenHog

Had a pretty stout pitbull mix (avatar pic) that came from Goshen.  A friend of mine started calling him the Goshen Hog.

WizardofhOgZ

In the early internet days, when the uniqueness of the user name didn't seem so important, I went by "Super Dave" because a co-worker at the time used to call me that and when registering (wherever it was) for the first time on-line, it was the first thing that came to mind.  After a few years, and venturing beyond the Hog-oriented websiites, it became clear to me that there were several "Super Daves" out there.  Time to get a new handle.

I've always been a huge fan of the movie Wizard of Oz.  It fascinated me from the first time I saw it as a first grader, and I still like it a lot.  My ex (wife at the time) knew that, of course, and one time when we were discussing user names she suggested that I should be the Wizard or have some name related to the movie.  I thought about it for a while and came up with the one I use here (and other places) that incorporated Hogz in a way i think is somewhat creative (as we Arkansas fans are known for).

A year or two later (maybe 2001-2002) was when people started loading avatars on these types of sites.  Again, I gave it some thought "who else but JFB would be the grand Wizard in a Razorback oriented world?"  And so, I talked to a poster on one of the boards who was good at that sort of thing (I'm afraid I can't remember his name now - looked for it to give him appropriate credit), gave him the idea for what I wanted, and he created it for me.  I've used it ever since.  Don't know how I could improve upon it, given the handle I've chosen.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids

I idolized USAF Colonel Steve Austin as a adolescent. 

SMB Hogfan

I am an amateur radio operator. Got my first license at age 55. 

I have always had a fascination with radio. It first started in about 1959 sitting around an old Philco living room radio listening to Bud Campbell call the games. That radio was an actual piece of mahogany furniture in the living room.

Later, my grandfather (mother's side) bought a Bearcat scanner. The thing had "crystals" in it. If you wanted to add a frequency, you had to go to Radio Shack and buy the appropriate one.

• Username: I was going to use my amateur radio call sign, but; I realized someone could look it up and find out who I was and where I lived. So, I just used my initials and Hogfan. Which I have been for many, many years.
  • Signature line:  The 1st line is one of my ham radios. The D-Star part of it is a form of digital communication developed by the Japanese Amateur Radio League (JARL).
                           The 2nd line is the formula for computing voltage between two specific points.
                           The 3rd line is Ohm's Law (one of 3 ways to use it).
  • Avatar: Early ham radio guys were often said to be riding the dragon (radio waves/electricity)

stronguard

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • And remember, I said with all due respect.....

USERNAME:  It was the name of the character I played in a game for a very long time

SIG LINE:  I used to have "Rules, in a knife fight?" but too few understand the beauty that is BC&TSK, I cahnged it recently when I found out who a few posters were.

AVATAR:  Looks a bit like me and the angry scowl was perfect for how I felt the last few years of the Nutt regime

Seebs

Seebs: a shortening of a family name

Avatar: Part disturbing, part avantgarde, spoke to what most of my contribution is on this board. Udder nonsense.

Sig Line: I don't know how to make a sig line.

Tejano Jawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Welcome Coach Sam Pittman

AVATAR:  Looks a bit like me and the angry scowl was perfect for how I felt the last few years of the Nutt regime

I wish we could assemble an avatar subset, a gallery of names and themes directly related to Nutt. There were so many, example NotShavinTilNuttGo. Devicehigh had some animated avatars that were Nutt related. Another hilarious one from years ago was some dude called Fire Numb Nutts—his avatar was a mushroom cloud and his line was something highly venomous (wish I'd done a screen shot of it.) There was no doubt where he was coming from.

Alpha 211

I run a Legend Alpha 211 DCX bass boat

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Seebs: a shortening of a family name

Avatar: Part disturbing, part avantgarde, spoke to what most of my contribution is on this board. Udder nonsense.

Sig Line: I don't know how to make a sig line.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY

NAME: my real name, cause mike irwin wants said some thing like people hide behind made up names.
Avatar: our dog Lily, who died about a year ago. Still miss her.

BroyledNutts

I wish we could assemble an avatar subset, a gallery of names and themes directly related to Nutt. There were so many, example NotShavinTilNuttGo. Devicehigh had some animated avatars that were Nutt related. Another hilarious one from years ago was some dude called Fire Numb Nutts—his avatar was a mushroom cloud and his line was something highly venomous (wish I'd done a screen shot of it.) There was no doubt where he was coming from.

Started mine in 2007 when all the rage to fire Nutt was happening. I was trying to think of something related to Broyles, or Nutt, and inspiration just hit me.

My avatar is, of course, from Oh Brother Where Art Thou, a movie I find particularly brilliant ... and most times I feel like I have that very look on my face when I read some things on Hogville ... including my own posts.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:47:32 pm by BroyledNutts »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Well Tejano, you can have a HHOF thread for that. All you have to do is start a thread for it and explain what the thread is about and what you would like to see in it. 

I would suggest you title the thread: "Everything Houston Nutt Themed Thread: Avatars, Usernames and more" or something similar.

Members with anything HDN related themes, including Avatars or Usernames or Sig lines or whatever can post in the thread to show their theme or members can link to the members with those or just talk about it.

Remember that just about anything Razorback or Hogville related can be included in this HHOF forum.

BroyledNutts

Thank you for #2400, ARK ...

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Thank you for #2400, ARK ...
You're welcome and there is number 2401.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

I think you will like my new signature line.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

I think you will like my new signature line.
Funny! Well done. Threw me off for a moment.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas