• 10,669,169 Posts
• 418,151 Topics
• 24,522 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: favorite matches on youtube  (Read 148 times)

husker71

favorite matches on youtube
« on: November 28, 2019, 03:39:59 pm »

When I am talking wrestling to someone and they want to watch a match for just enjoyment I always show Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in the Cell.  How about you??  One match on youtube that you could watch what would it be??  For some reason I like Memphis wrestling alot to (more exciting) Lawler vs every bad guy Hart could find.  One hidden gem to me is the Ox Baker riot match where the wrestlers barely made it back to the dressing room (just type in Ox Baker riot)

Dr. Starcs

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
Re: favorite matches on youtube
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 04:11:05 pm »

I enjoy just about any match that has a good storyline. Now days, too many matches seem like they’re just thrown together with no reason and no build.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jbcarol

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 04:23:19 pm »

husker71

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 01:27:05 am »

Cornette says this match saved wrestling for Jerry Jarrett and his company.  Forgot all about it but thanks for posting it here

jbcarol

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »

Dante Fox v. Killshot (Hell of War)

Hogwop

• All-American Hogvillian
  • You've raised my frosty dander!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 09:49:59 pm »

too many matches seem like they’re just thrown together with no reason and no build.

That's because they are

husker71

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 06:16:40 pm »

This is what I miss about all the regional wrestling we had back in the day. Say there were 7 or 8 regions then you could bring in guy(s) into your region from say Memphis to Dallas or to Minneapolis or to Portland and then get them into your storyline and then after a few months and the story is dead on to Florida or Georgia or the Carolinas.  Now mostly the same guys just in different combinations

husker71

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 06:19:58 pm »

I remember when I was in 5th grade or so going down to the magazine and cigar store and getting a wrestling magazine that showed all the regions with the top 10 or so in each reason and then the same with the tag teams.  Guys I wanted to see were the Kangaroos from the East coast and the original Sheik from Detroit and the Funks from Texas

secthumper

• Senior
  • 2005 Hogville College Football Pickem Champion
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 03:38:44 pm »

When I am talking wrestling to someone and they want to watch a match for just enjoyment I always show Undertaker vs Mankind Hell in the Cell.  How about you??  One match on youtube that you could watch what would it be??  For some reason I like Memphis wrestling alot to (more exciting) Lawler vs every bad guy Hart could find.  One hidden gem to me is the Ox Baker riot match where the wrestlers barely made it back to the dressing room (just type in Ox Baker riot)
Any match on U-Tube between Bruiser Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher AND Danny Hodge vs. Hiro Matsuda!

husker71

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 06:07:09 pm »

I know I sound like an old guy here but I really think that especially tag teams were so much more "storied up" back in the day.  Just think of Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher in todays wrestling.  I know they could not do it now but those teams always gave us a big bang for our buck.

jbcarol

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 06:16:06 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas