RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Wednesday Night SEC Basketball Action

(1/1)

jbcarol:
No game rates airing on the SEC Network broadcast channel

Do you miss the days of regional networks that would air early season games, even if on tape delay?  SEC Network agreement eliminated them via the non-compete.

jbcarol:
Wednesday night results

jbcarol:
Bulldogs make it 5 in row over Tech in basketball

--- Quote ---ATHENS — The “Ant Man Show” everybody came to see never really materialized, but the Georgia Bulldogs got a good show from Rayshaun Hammonds, and that gave a near-capacity crowd at Stegeman Coliseum the main thing it wanted to see — another win over Georgia Tech.

With Anthony “Ant Man” Edwards struggling to find his offensive game in the first half, Hammonds was more than happy to step up with 19 points. And when Hammonds got slapped with his fourth foul in the second half, Edwards took over by scoring 16 during that period. Put together, they finished with 26 and 18 points, respectively, and that helped the Bulldogs to a 82-78 win over the Yellow Jackets before an appreciative home crowd of 10,205, or about 300 spectators short of a sellout.
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---Struggling to score and trailing with less than five minutes remaining, Texas A&M desperately needed to add some punch to its offense.

Walk-on guard Mark French, a surprise starter, quite literally provided it.

French followed a game-tying three-pointer by punching a defensive rebound to Savion Flagg for a transition dunk. Those two baskets started a decisive 12-0 run, which lifted Texas A&M to a 56-52 college basketball victory over Troy on Wednesday night Reed Arena.

The Aggies (3-1), who trailed by nine points early in the second half, converted 12 of 16 free throws in the final 3:39 to hold off the stubborn Trojans (1-4).

Josh Nebo posted a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds. He also blocked five shots to lead the way. Jay Jay Chandler also had 10 points

French’s 12-point showing was shocking. The 5-foot-8 senior had scored 18 points in his career and had not scored this season.

Yet, he was thrust into the starting lineup because freshman point guard Andre Gordon sustained a foot injury in practice on Monday, had X-rays on Tuesday and was in a walking boot during the game.

Gordon will see a doctor again on Monday to determine the next steps.

“From what I know, it’s not good,” A&M coach Buzz  Williams said.

French indicated he did not know he would be in the starting lineup until about five minutes before tip-off.

“Coach is kind vague with it,” French said. “You’ve just got to go and be productive. That’s what I tried to do.”

Williams said he made the decision based on advice he recalled from coach Jerry Wainwright, a mentor and former colleague at Marquette.

“Jerry Wainwright told me any time there is something unexpected that happens, make as few changes as possible to address the unexpected happening,” Williams said. “Dre had been running the point for us. I thought allowing French to start would be the least amount of change with Dre not being available.”

At first, the results of starting a backup guard seemed predictable as the Aggies struggled mightily in the first half.

A&M committed eight turnovers and shot just 19.2 percent (5 of 26) to fall behind 25-17 at halftime. The Aggies did not go to the locker room at halftime.

Rather, Williams addressed them at the baseline in front of the A&M bench.
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:
Adam Sparks
‏Verified account@AdamSparks

"I'll coach my team and you coach yours"

Why Vanderbilt's Jerry Stackhouse, Austin Peay assistant got heated in handshake line

jbcarol:
Bad Beat

--- Quote ---@ZachKleinWSB

Do. Not. Gamble. Kiddos

UGA -4.5
Up 7 .....
Georgia Tech... at the buzzer from 45 feet..
UGA wins by 4

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View