jbcarol:
Colgate goes to 1-3 after whitewashing in Auburn

jbcarol:
Hope you took the over.

jbcarol:
Tom Green
‏Verified account@Tomas_Verde
 2m2 minutes ago

Instant analysis: The legend of #HeadbandSamir grows as No. 19 Auburn throttles Colgate, 91-62 to remain undefeated on the year https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/11/instant-analysis-samir-doughty-no-19-auburn-throttle-colgate-remain-undefeated.html

HyperDrive:
That was a Colgate team that made the NCAA tourney last year and lost by 7 to Tennessee it in.  They returned 5 starters from that team.  It was over in the first 5 minutes.

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: HyperDrive on November 19, 2019, 11:50:55 am ---That was a Colgate team that made the NCAA tourney last year and lost by 7 to Tennessee it in.  They returned 5 starters from that team.  It was over in the first 5 minutes.

--- End quote ---

Auburn picking up from where they left off last year. Gonna be a tough game for Arkansas.

HyperDrive:

--- Quote from: SeldomHere on November 19, 2019, 12:05:30 pm ---Auburn picking up from where they left off last year. Gonna be a tough game for Arkansas.

--- End quote ---

I'm a little surprised they're playing so well together this early.  I thought it would take a while with all the new people.  We're a really young team - 8 freshmen and 5 sophomores (along with 7 seniors, 2 of whom are scrubs).

I imagine we'll see some of that inexperience show up in some tight conference games though.  But we're a very long and athletic team this year. 

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: HyperDrive on November 19, 2019, 12:52:50 pm ---I'm a little surprised they're playing so well together this early.  I thought it would take a while with all the new people.  We're a really young team - 8 freshmen and 5 sophomores (along with 7 seniors, 2 of whom are scrubs).

I imagine we'll see some of that inexperience show up in some tight conference games though.  But we're a very long and athletic team this year. 

--- End quote ---

Length will be hard for us to handle on offense this year but our defense has definitely picked up.
Rebounding could be rough on us some nights.

HyperDrive:

--- Quote from: SeldomHere on November 19, 2019, 01:36:00 pm ---Length will be hard for us to handle on offense this year but our defense has definitely picked up.
Rebounding could be rough on us some nights.

--- End quote ---

So you like what you're seeing out of Musselman so far?  And why do you think things didn't pan out with Mike Anderson?  I thought he was a perfect fit when you guys hired him a few years ago.

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: HyperDrive on November 19, 2019, 01:49:02 pm ---So you like what you're seeing out of Musselman so far?  And why do you think things didn't pan out with Mike Anderson?  I thought he was a perfect fit when you guys hired him a few years ago.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it's a little like Sutton back in the day for Ark and at Ok St with the way he prepares and scouts the other team. The players are having to adjust to that but I think it will keep us in some games until he can get some size on the team.

I wanted Mike to work out but like Nolan said, He is stubborn and will not change anything. That is what did him in. You can't just play your game and not prep for the other team anymore. The odd thing is, the few times he did, we would look really good playing half court offense and defense, but then he would go back to pressing and good to great teams would adjust to that pretty quickly.

Of course, the big thing was not being able to recruit the state of Arkansas, so we will see how Muss does that. Lost a pretty good one to you but West Memphis is always a challenge. If we can get the other 3 things will definitely be looking up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View