RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Tua

(1/1)

Soooie21:
Looks like his season is over....

jkwhite1007:
Stupid decision to leave him out there...Fire Saban!!!😈

ms_hog:
Yep. Saban looked like he was in tears on his interview at half.

Buff:
His hip, not the ankle.  Twitter reports are that he was "screaming in pain"

ramonday:
I thought the commentators were gonna start crying. Maybe ESPN should be renamed to TUA. I understand favorites but get a room. Buncha Marys.

Gonzo:
Yeah, looks like something major, hopefully fully recoverable, hate seeing any players get hurt, opponents or not.

But I'm chuckling at all the talking heads getting preachy about Saban having him in the game. His reasoning given at the halftime sideline interview made total sense, I think it's completely reasonable to have him in the game … or to not have him in the game, either way. It was just a freak fall with two players on him that could happen at any point of any game.

Maybe the talking heads should start alerting coaches as to exactly when these things are going to happen so that they can get the backup players hurt instead. (last comment total sarcasm for those who don't get it)

Go Hogs!

jbcarol:

--- Quote from: ramonday on November 16, 2019, 12:56:05 pm ---I thought the commentators were gonna start crying. Maybe ESPN should be renamed to TUA. I understand favorites but get a room. Buncha Marys.

--- End quote ---

There was no one to weep for Childs.

jbcarol:
Nick Saban addressed those questions

--- Quote ---He called it "a freak thing that you seldom see," and that he was being evaluated for the hip injury.

Saban said he was "at least as good as he was a week ago" in the LSU game when warming up Saturday morning and this injury has nothing to do with the high-ankle sprain.

They are not second-guessing the decision to keep him in the game up 35-7 at that point in the game saying they wanted to practice the two-minute situation.

Tagovailoa left the game after taking a big hit on the final Alabama offensive possession of the first half. ESPN immediately reported it was a hip injury and that the quarterback was screaming in pain on the field.

A cart was brought out and Tagovailoa was taken to the locker room for x-rays. He was later spotted leaving the stadium in an ambulance on a day that also included injuries for Raekwon Davis and Henry Ruggs.

This post will be updated with complete quotes from Saban.
--- End quote ---

razorhog52:
Looks like an acetabular fracture. Ball of the hip gets blown through the socket. Pretty big surgery if so bc you have to go through the pelvis to repair.

Soooie21:

--- Quote from: jbcarol on November 16, 2019, 02:52:39 pm ---Nick Saban addressed those questions

--- End quote ---
So was Bo Jackson's hip injury......

Dillar Dog:
Flew to Birmingham. He’s in surgery now.

It's not good at all

counsellorhog:
Tua's career may be over.  Forget the NFL.  What was Saban thinking???

Augustus:

--- Quote from: razorhog52 on November 16, 2019, 03:13:22 pm ---Looks like an acetabular fracture. Ball of the hip gets blown through the socket. Pretty big surgery if so bc you have to go through the pelvis to repair.

--- End quote ---

Jesus... will he ever play again? Or be 100% again?

Gonzo:
You don't/can't plan for accidents like what happened. According to Saban's interview, they (including Tua apparently) wanted him to get some live action 2 minute drill since he'd been out for awhile. Nothing wrong with that, just as there would have been nothing wrong had he already been out. Freak fall that could have happened on any play, only way to make sure something like that doesn't happen is don't play … at all.

Go Hogs!

lsu8888:
I hate to hear this about Tua or any young athlete. Best wishes for Tua

Aaron Suttles

@AaronSuttles
Breaking News: Tua Tagovailoa is out for the season with a dislocated hip with a posterior wall fracture, a person with knowledge of the situation tells me.

Boarcephus:
First thing that popped in my mind was Nutt having Stoerner in a game that was already a blowout and he dislocated his right shoulder right before the Bama game.  Just goes to show an $8 million a year coach can still pull a stupid move. 

RoyHobbs92:
This is a serious threat to his career. I hate this happened. You can root against a team but I haven't seem anything in his character to make me think he deserves this. That's millions of dollars potentially being flushed. Best of luck kid.

jbcarol:
Barrett Jones
‏Verified account@BarrettAJones

Lots of second guessing out there on whether Tua should have played/still been in game. Reality: He clearly looked healthy enough to play, and had a freak injury on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT body part. Saban plays guys who are healthy enough to play, no matter the opponent, period.

jbcarol:
University finally releases statement regarding Tua Tagovailoa’s status

--- Quote ---“Tua Tagovailoa sustained a right hip dislocation that was immediately reduced at the stadium. He is undergoing further testing to determine the best course of treatment. He is expected to make a full recovery but will miss the remainder of the season.”
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---Tua. T  🇦🇸
‏Verified account@Tuaamann

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes! God always has a plan 🙏🏽

7:11 PM - 16 Nov 2019

--- End quote ---

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---“Well, first of all, our thoughts and prayers are with Tua. What a sad day yesterday to see that happen.

“When you look at the medical situation — that has to play out. We don’t have all the answers on that to what the hip situation is moving forward in terms of the rehab, but what we do with the ankles, slight knee and lower extremity injuries over the last couple of years have obviously affected Tua and impact how teams will view him moving forward, especially when you think about Joe Burrow at LSU with the great year he’s had. He’s moved up to that No. 1 quarterback spot up near the top of the draft board. Then, Tua was right in with Justin Herbert from Oregon who’s been red hot of late with a big game last night. He’s on a roll and has weapons on that offense. He’s a big rocket armed quarterback. So, now, you look at Tua. He’s not 6-3. He doesn’t have the big-time arm strength and now the durability concern is obviously real and has been for a period of time because of the ankle injuries. So, this kind of complicates matters when you’re competing with two other quarterbacks who are highly rated — it puts you (Tua) right now third in line instead of No. 1 or No. 2 when you project forward to late April.”

It sounds like he’d still be considered a first-round pick, but who knows if he’ll even be able to participate in the NFL Combine?
--- End quote ---

Boarcephus:

--- Quote from: jbcarol on November 16, 2019, 06:03:40 pm ---Barrett Jones
‏Verified account@BarrettAJones

Lots of second guessing out there on whether Tua should have played/still been in game. Reality: He clearly looked healthy enough to play, and had a freak injury on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT body part. Saban plays guys who are healthy enough to play, no matter the opponent, period.

--- End quote ---

I disagree.  He was healthy enough to play providing everything goes well and all he has to do is move around in the pocket a little.  A healthy Tua runs away from those two MSU players and Bama is still in the the NC hunt.  Not now

jbcarol:
former Alabama running back Shaun Alexander took to Twitter to share his support for Tagovailoa

Alexander played for Owen Hauck at Boone County before committing to Bama.

jbcarol:
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzQhYr-Pj9o
SEC Shorts comedy troupe sends best wishes

vandybuff:
I am very sorry for any injured athlete.  I hope and pray for a quick and full recovery.

jbcarol:
SEC Football News@SECfootball
 29s29 seconds ago

Timeline reportedly set for Tua Tagovailoa to return to throwing following hip surgery

--- Quote ---Laura Rutledge says Tagovailoa will be held out of any athletic activity for 3 months. But, she reports, by spring, he’ll be able to resume throwing if all goes well:
--- End quote ---

grayhawg:
Hopefully things go well for him and he has a full recovery

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---“It pains me to say this, I think Tua has to go back to school,” Emmanuel Acho said. “And it is monetarily speaking, what does Tua have to lose by going back to school? If he gets hurt again, he already has the injury notion that he is injury prone but if he goes back and he plays clean, you are talking about 15-plus million dollars guaranteed … I’m not for college athletes going back typically but in this case, Tua has more to gain by going back.”

A main part of Acho’s argument is that Tua might fall into the second round of the draft and therefore not get the amount of guaranteed money that a first-round pick would receive.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View