• 10,794,537 Posts
• 421,212 Topics
• 24,753 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Myles Garrett...WTH  (Read 971 times)

justin2000m80

Re: Myles Garrett...WTH
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2019, 08:31:27 pm »

Why didnít Garrett say that from the very beginning?

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:26 pm »

Why didnít Garrett say that from the very beginning?

Because that's not how things work.

For starters, nothing Rudolph may have said justifies a potentially deadly physical reaction.

Therefore, stage one is an apology. And the only people who apologize by saying "but so and so did _____" are children and politicians.

You let things cool off, and you issue an apology that solely focuses on the apology. Then, in the investigation is exactly when you bring up the motivation.

Imagin a husband who raises his hand against his wife. You think it'd be productive to have day 1 be "I'm sorry I hit you but you said something mean"? Absolutely not. Now, yeah, if she is being verbally/emotionally abusive, that too does need to be addressed. The husband's physical abuse does not negate that she is being abusive as well. However, the verbal abuse still does not justify the physical. So, the basic course of action there would be the husband staying in a hotel for a week essentially apologizing and once things cool down, then the verbal/emotional abuse needs to be addressed.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawg414

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:33 pm »

Because that's not how things work.

For starters, nothing Rudolph may have said justifies a potentially deadly physical reaction.

Therefore, stage one is an apology. And the only people who apologize by saying "but so and so did _____" are children and politicians.

You let things cool off, and you issue an apology that solely focuses on the apology. Then, in the investigation is exactly when you bring up the motivation.

Imagin a husband who raises his hand against his wife. You think it'd be productive to have day 1 be "I'm sorry I hit you but you said something mean"? Absolutely not. Now, yeah, if she is being verbally/emotionally abusive, that too does need to be addressed. The husband's physical abuse does not negate that she is being abusive as well. However, the verbal abuse still does not justify the physical. So, the basic course of action there would be the husband staying in a hotel for a week essentially apologizing and once things cool down, then the verbal/emotional abuse needs to be addressed.

haha

Why didn’t Garrett say that from the very beginning?

bc it isnt true.  it's just the only card people can play nowadays that elicits an automatic "ooohh that changes everything"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas