General Sports Discussion > NFL Board

Myles Garrett...WTH

(1/2) > >>

Tejano Jawg:
Texas A&M's finest.

Browns' Myles Garrett hangs onto Steelers' QB Mason Rudolph long after he gets the pass off...then rips Rudolph's helmet off...THEN uses it, in a full swing, to hit him over the head with it. Insanity, truly.

Okay, NFL, what are you going to do about this? You blow the whistle early on a scrambling quarterback, so let's see how you treat this. I say done this year AND next year, for starters.

Look it up.

onebadrubi:
Iím thinking this might be borderline turned over to the cops.  Suspension isnít big enough.  I hope they donít punish the Steelers big uglies for taking up for their QB.  One guy put Garrett on the ground and wasnít letting him get up

Buff:
Pouncey may get one game for his reaction but it shouldn't be more than that. 

I'm all in favor of the NFL making an example of Garrett.  Minimum calendar year expulsion from the league.  And that's assuming it doesn't go legal.

Tejano Jawg:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2019, 11:23:09 pm ---Iím thinking this might be borderline turned over to the cops.  Suspension isnít big enough.  I hope they donít punish the Steelers big uglies for taking up for their QB.  One guy put Garrett on the ground and wasnít letting him get up

--- End quote ---

In close quarters, I'm not sure what the Steelers O-linemen could see. They saw Rudolph under Garrett, so that was reason enough to whip his ass. But after watching several replays...wow, they should have seriously dealt Garrett a blow. Like break some ribs kind of blow.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 14, 2019, 11:37:41 pm ---In close quarters, I'm not sure what the Steelers O-linemen could see. They saw Rudolph under Garrett, so that was reason enough to whip his ass. But after watching several replays...wow, they should have seriously dealt Garrett a blow. Like break some ribs kind of blow.

--- End quote ---

One certainly tried.  I have to believe heís going to get a blindside block coming his way next time he plays them.  Might even be at the knees. 

onebadrubi:
Iím seeing on Twitter by some ESPN guys retweeting that Cleveland police were seen going in the Cleveland locker room.  Iím not so sure the nfl wonít ask the police to get involved here. 

Tejano Jawg:

--- Quote from: onebadrubi on November 14, 2019, 11:44:38 pm ---Iím seeing on Twitter by some ESPN guys retweeting that Cleveland police were seen going in the Cleveland locker room.  Iím not so sure the nfl wonít ask the police to get involved here. 

--- End quote ---

Totally. I've seen (not very often) a player swinging a helmet...but not at the guy with NO helmet.

EastexHawg:
I'm not going to take up for Garrett, but I just saw my first view in which the camera stayed on Rudolph and him.  I don't know what was said, but it looked like when they were on the ground Rudolph was trying to pull Garrett's helmet off.  It then looked like he kicked Garrett twice, at least once in the crotch.

What a nasty scene.

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2019, 12:03:18 am ---I'm not going to take up for Garrett, but I just saw my first view in which the camera stayed on Rudolph and him.  I don't know what was said, but it looked like when they were on the ground Rudolph was trying to pull Garrett's helmet off.  It then looked like he kicked Garrett twice, at least once in the crotch.

What a nasty scene.

--- End quote ---

There will be many angles come out the next day or two.  Will be interesting to see.  I personally didnít see what you did, but have not watched a replay since it was on TV and was more focused on what was to come than when Garrett was on top of Rudolph.

Hawg414:
even if Rudolph did grab at garret's helmet, and call him a big meanie at the same time... there is no justification for what garret did.  that was flat out assault, well beyond the realm of a football play.

garret should, at absolute minimum, see neither the field nor another paycheck for the rest of this season.

kodiakisland:
Don't know that I've ever seen a guy rip another guys helmet off and hit him in the head with it.  I've seen people use their own helmet as a weapon, but not this.  Dude should be off the field for a year.  He could have killed him.  I've seen criminal charges filed from hockey fights.  I'd say that was assault.

Pigsknuckles:
This, and the previous helmet hit was a "stop the clock" moment in NFL football. It must end "tonight".

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: kodiakisland on November 15, 2019, 01:57:09 am ---Don't know that I've ever seen a guy rip another guys helmet off and hit him in the head with it.  I've seen people use their own helmet as a weapon, but not this.  Dude should be off the field for a year.  He could have killed him.  I've seen criminal charges filed from hockey fights.  I'd say that was assault.

--- End quote ---

I've only become a hockey fan in the past decade. The only thing I don't like are the fights. My opinion is if you are throwing punches at another person you should be handcuffed and charged. No place for it in sports.

jbcarol:
Rare video:

Helmet shot

Aftermath

jbcarol:
https://twitter.com/NFL

Cotton:
Suspend him until 2021.

Or suspend him a calendar year and charge him with assault with a deadly weapon.

justin2000m80:
Has anyone heard of criminal charges being filed at any level in past on anyone? Iíve never heard of it.  Is there precedent for it?

onebadrubi:

--- Quote from: justin2000m80 on November 15, 2019, 10:54:20 am ---Has anyone heard of criminal charges being filed at any level in past on anyone? Iíve never heard of it.  Is there precedent for it?

--- End quote ---

Hockey there is.

justin2000m80:
Just saw that Garrett is suspended indefinitely

Pouncey three games

lLarry Obunjuba (spelling) one game

Dark Helmet Hog:
Go visit the Texas Ags forums. Over half of them are trying to justify the behavior.

The dude should never play again.

jbcarol:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 15, 2019, 12:05:23 pm ---Go visit the Texas Ags forums. Over half of them are trying to justify the behavior.

--- End quote ---

Claiming it was not targeting, not helmet-to-helmet.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 15, 2019, 12:05:23 pm ---Go visit the Texas Ags forums. Over half of them are trying to justify the behavior.

--- End quote ---

Two grown men were fighting.  One of them, after being kicked in the nuts, hit the other with the nearest object he could find.  I don't think "he should never play again" is warranted.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2019, 12:58:56 pm ---Two grown men were fighting.  One of them, after being kicked in the nuts, hit the other with the nearest object he could find.  I don't think "he should never play again" is warranted.

--- End quote ---

dude had a cup on man...and if he didn't then that is his own stupidity and i doubt he is getting up like that if he didnt

if we get in a fight and i pick up a bat and hit you in the head with it i am pretty sure im going to jail.

im not saying permanent ban either but dang

justin2000m80:
Rudolph isnít innocent here by no means.  Shouldnít ran back into the fight with no helmet on and he wouldnít have gotten hit.  Garrett though took it to another level.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: justin2000m80 on November 15, 2019, 01:05:05 pm ---Rudolph isnít innocent here by no means.  Shouldnít ran back into the fight with no helmet on and he wouldnít have gotten hit.  Garrett though took it to another level.

--- End quote ---

Rudolph thought he was safe because one of his linemen was holding Garrett.  Up until the point that Garrett hit him with the helmet he was practically foaming at the mouth, looking like he was going to tear him apart if he could get to him.  I've never seen a man engaged in a fight with another man, and apparently wanting to beat him to a pulp, suddenly throw up his hands as if to say "that's not fair" when he gets hit.  To me that indicates that he wasn't really fighting, he was putting on a show for his teammates and the crowd.

That said, Garrett has to pay a price for using Rudolph's helmet as a weapon.  He was obviously enraged about something, but he went too far.

By the way, Mason Rudolph is 6'5" and 235.

311Hog:

--- Quote from: EastexHawg on November 15, 2019, 01:27:17 pm ---Rudolph thought he was safe because one of his linemen was holding Garrett.  Up until the point that Garrett hit him with the helmet he was practically foaming at the mouth, looking like he was going to tear him apart if he could get to him.  I've never seen a man engaged in a fight with another man, and apparently wanting to beat him to a pulp, suddenly throw up his hands as if to say "that's not fair" when he gets hit.  To me that indicates that he wasn't really fighting, he was putting on a show for his teammates and the crowd.

That said, Garrett has to pay a price for using Rudolph's helmet as a weapon.  He was obviously enraged about something, but he went too far.

--- End quote ---

Garrett is honestly lucky as hell Rudolph to, that hit coulda gone left so easy.

daprospecta:
I'm not justifying it what so ever but Mason should not have charged after Myles. His lineman pulled him away and it was done. Now Myles should not have swung his helmet and hit him but Mason has to have some responsibility as well.

Bacons Rebellion:
I thought the suspensions were pretty much right. I predicted (to my son) three games or season for Garret and two games for Pouncey because they had to give him something more than #65, who was obviously going to kind of set the baseline here with one game.

justin2000m80:
Indefinitely.  So Iím sure the nfl will require anger management or what not.  Rudolph didnít get suspended but should at least have to watch the film and have the NFL point out to him what he could have done differently to keep this from escalating.

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---ďLast night, I made a terrible mistake,Ē Garrett wrote in a statement. ďI lost my cool and what I did was selfish and unacceptable. I know that we are all responsible for our actions, and I can only prove my true character through my actions moving forward.

ďI want to apologize to Mason Rudolph, my teammates, our entire organization, our fans and to the NFL.Ē

--- End quote ---

kim_jong_sqUeAl:
if you watch the replay closely you can see that Rudolph was trying to take Garrett's helmet off first. kinda interesting. no telling what was said on field before hand. 

ImHogginIt:

--- Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 15, 2019, 06:52:50 pm ---if you watch the replay closely you can see that Rudolph was trying to take Garrett's helmet off first. kinda interesting. no telling what was said on field before hand.

--- End quote ---

Well it was the last play of the game where the Browns were gonna win 21-7. So... there was no reason for Garrett to throw the QB to the ground after he had already thrown the ball. Rudolph had every right to be pissed

Dillar Dog:

--- Quote from: kim_jong_sqUeAl on November 15, 2019, 06:52:50 pm ---if you watch the replay closely you can see that Rudolph was trying to take Garrett's helmet off first. kinda interesting. no telling what was said on field before hand. 

--- End quote ---

And if you keep watching the replay, you'll see Garrett hit Rudolph in the head with a helmet.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 15, 2019, 07:09:26 pm ---And if you keep watching the replay, you'll see Garrett hit Rudolph in the head with a helmet.

--- End quote ---

And right before that you'll see Rudolph kick Garrett twice, at least once cleats first to the nuts.  If he doesn't want to get hurt maybe he ought to give up this fighting thing.

hoglady:
I bet Mason Rudolph doesn't ever try to pull off a defensive player's helmet again.
Garrett went crazy, shouldn't have swung the helmet and he will pay a pretty heavy price for it.

Rudolph should have gotten a suspension, too.
Not as severe but it shouldn't go unpunished just because he didn't have the strength to rip Garrett's helmet off.

hoglady:

--- Quote from: justin2000m80 on November 15, 2019, 02:45:34 pm ---Indefinitely.  So I’m sure the nfl will require anger management or what not.  Rudolph didn’t get suspended but should at least have to watch the film and have the NFL point out to him what he could have done differently to keep this from escalating.

--- End quote ---

The first thing Rudolph could have done was not try to pull Garrett's helmet off.
Can't believe he's getting a pass on that.
That's how all the helmet crap started.

jbcarol:
Mason Rudolph wonít seek legal action against Myles Garrett

--- Quote ---Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph will not seek legal action against Cleveland Browns defensive end and former Texas A&M star Myles Garrett after Garrett struck Rudolph with his own helmet in a fight on Thursday at the tail end of the Brownsí win over the Steelers.

A move by Rudolph to seek legal action against Garrett was a possibility, his agent, Tim Younger, told ESPN via text message on Friday morning. Meanwhile, Cleveland police stated that the incident would not be investigated by their department.
--- End quote ---

Rudolph keeping it light after big fight. 

justin2000m80:
Iím glad Mason is letting it stay an NFL issue.

bacon&eggs:
Garrett is totally a fault here and indefinite suspension is appropriate.
The part about criminal action is a bunch of BS.
No one in the NFL wants any part of that type of media circus.

Rudolph comes across as a complete wuss and grown-up child.
This probably cost Rudolph his career.

While Garrett is suspended indefinitely, He can recover. Even become NFL man of the year at some point.

Carl Lazlo:
Lmao^  no way in hell he becomes "NFL man of the year" WTH

311Hog:

--- Quote from: Carl Lazlo on November 17, 2019, 02:24:00 pm ---Lmao^  no way in hell he becomes "NFL man of the year" WTH

--- End quote ---
Ray Lewis says Hello

PermianPig:
Throw that aggie out of the league.  I should have expected it was someone from there.

justin2000m80:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on November 19, 2019, 12:26:10 pm ---Ray Lewis says Hello

--- End quote ---

Thatís cold lol.

justin2000m80:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/mason-rudolph-takes-responsibility-for-role-in-myles-garrett-fight/ar-BBX3nmR?li=BBnb7Kz

311Hog:
aaaand it happened Garrett says Rudolph called him a racial slur....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

who was that ESPN reporter that said this then retracted it? i guess she can put it back up there .....

Dr. Starcs:
And I got called a racist for saying this was a possibility.

EastexHawg:

--- Quote from: 311Hog on November 21, 2019, 12:49:21 pm ---aaaand it happened Garrett says Rudolph called him a racial slur....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28130757/during-appeal-myles-garrett-accused-mason-rudolph-using-racial-slur

who was that ESPN reporter that said this then retracted it? i guess she can put it back up there .....

--- End quote ---

I don't know what was said, but something happened that made Garrett go berserk.

#1 STUNNA:
Why didnt he come out and say this from the get go instead of apologizing to Rudolph.. dont believe it one bit..

jbcarol:
NFL finally rules on suspension appeals by Myles Garrett, Maurkice Pouncey from Steelers-Browns brawl

--- Quote ---Garrett remains suspended indefinitely, at least for the remainder of the regular season and any playoff games for his team.

Maurkice Pouncey saw his suspension reduced from three games to two games. Following the hit from Garrett on Rudolph, Pouncey tackled, punched and kicked Garrett while he was on the ground. After the game, the former Florida standout said that he blacked out...

--- End quote ---

Worked at Florida

kim_jong_sqUeAl:
Let em fight. Make it like hockey. That outta solve the lack of ticket sells the NFL is experiencing. That and no Kaepernicks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View