RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Florida 23 Missouri 6 Final in Columbia

(1/1)

jbcarol:
From today's P-D: In Year Two, Mullen brings Florida football back to life https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/in-year-two-mullen-brings-florida-football-back-to-life/article_b5dd57a1-4708-5ed1-8090-ead04d530d1a.html … via @stltoday

--- Quote ---COLUMBIA, Mo. — When a reporter asked Florida’s Dan Mullen this week about his two coaching peers who were recently fired in their second year on the job — one in his own state, Florida State’s Willie Taggart, and one in his own conference, Arkansas’ Chad Morris — the head Gator couldn’t help himself.

“I’m worried about winning this week so I don’t add to that list,” Mullen said Monday in Gainesville, Fla. “I’m in my Year Two, too. So I guess we’ll see. I’m sure Scott’s evaluating how I do this week.”

“That’s a joke,” he quickly clarified. “It’s not funny for those guys.”
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:
jb's pick: UF 24 Mizzou 17

Pat Goss:
what happened with KB at Mizzou?

jbcarol:
Dave Matter Live

--- Quote ---QUESTION: So Taylor Powell was told he was starting on Wednesday but Odom said otherwise as late as Friday? Hmmmmm. Vegas can’t be happy about that, but what about the SEC? Can he be fined for that deception?

MATTER: Fined why? There's no honesty policy in college football or the SEC when it comes to injuries. As a reporter I'd obviously prefer coaches be transparent and honest, but Odom doesn't have any incentive to announce on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday that Powell is starting at quarterback.

After the Georgia game, Powell said the coaches told him he was starting on Wednesday. Odom has since said they told Powell to be ready to start on Wednesday. Either way, they needed Powell to know there was a good chance early in the week that he very well might start. Maybe if Bryant looked ready by Friday they could have still started him.

+Bottom line, Mizzou had few, if any, advantages in this matchup. No sense in giving Kirby Smart multiple days to know the dual-threat senior QB wasn't playing.
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:
5 Victories in five home games and four losses in four road games for Missouri this season. Under coach Barry Odom, the Tigers are 18-8 at home and 6-15 outside Columbia. When Missouri squares off against Florida on Saturday, the Tigers will be playing at home for the first time since Oct. 12

jbcarol:
UF 3  MU 0  12:11 1st

jbcarol:
Big CBS game. Refs mic not working in Mizzou's stadium.

jbcarol:
Bryant to Vance gets Mizzou out from the shadow of their goal posts.

jbcarol:
Post pattern completion from Bryant to Knox into UF territory, 44-yard pass play.

jbcarol:
Half  Florida 6  Mizzou 3

jbcarol:
Florida up 13-3 in the third

99toLife:

--- Quote from: Pat Goss on November 15, 2019, 08:39:19 pm ---what happened with KB at Mizzou?

--- End quote ---

Been banged up

jbcarol:
Florida up 20-6, 1:15 3rd

jbcarol:
UF 23  MU 6  8:24  4th

jbcarol:
Florida covers as Vegas takes a bath on two straight road favorites.

Hope you took the under big time.

jbcarol:

--- Quote ---Fantastic effort by the defense holding Missouri to six points at home.
Offensively, played well aside from negative yardage plays.
“Everybody gets all freaked out about the rushing, but I don’t.”
--- End quote ---

jbcarol:
Wes Rucker
‏Verified account@wesrucker247

Mizzou with three penalties on one play.

I’m not even mad. That’s amazing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View