RB Sports Discussion > SEC Sports

Any updates on LSU, Auburn and the FBI

(1/1)

Wildbill:
Investigations, or will it all be put under the table.

bkjbearcat:
Ahh the FBI... instead of focusing on MS-13, human trafficking, drugs or terrorist cells. Nope lets focus on cheating in college basketball.

 

Hawg Red:

--- Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 13, 2019, 03:30:30 pm ---Ahh the FBI... instead of focusing on MS-13, human trafficking, drugs or terrorist cells. Nope lets focus on cheating in college basketball.

--- End quote ---

But a shoe company funneled 5k to a kid's family!!! Damnit, man. This is ripping the country apart. Don't you see?

WorfHog:

--- Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 13, 2019, 03:30:30 pm ---Ahh the FBI... instead of focusing on MS-13, human trafficking, drugs or terrorist cells. Nope lets focus on cheating in college basketball.

--- End quote ---

Fraud is fraud. Any other federal laws you think the FBI should ignore?

snoutface:
Aunt Becky?

daprospecta:
The government wants their cut, if you have millions of dollars being funneled to recruits every year and they aren't paying taxes, somebody's ass is grass!

ErieHog:
Its still probably the better part of a year away from us having any clear picture of what the final outcomes are going to be here.

We're not near the end of these timelines; we're at about the midpoint.

SSFrazorback:

--- Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 13, 2019, 03:30:30 pm ---Ahh the FBI... instead of focusing on MS-13, human trafficking, drugs or terrorist cells. Nope lets focus on cheating in college basketball.

--- End quote ---

Youíre aware that they can do more than one thing at a time?

Wildbill:
What bothers me is if and when this goes down, which could be years from now, it will affect players that had nothing to do with this

Kevin:
Shhhhh. It is basketball season.  Donít say anything about the programs or coaches in the scandal.

Nothing to see here

LRHawg:

--- Quote from: Wildbill on November 13, 2019, 10:03:30 pm ---What bothers me is if and when this goes down, which could be years from now, it will affect players that had nothing to do with this

--- End quote ---

Players and coaches. Like when Carroll bailed on USC right before the hammer dropped.

bkjbearcat:

--- Quote from: WorfHog on November 13, 2019, 07:24:21 pm ---Fraud is fraud. Any other federal laws you think the FBI should ignore?

--- End quote ---

Ya, anything but cheating in college basketball. Hey, there's a report that a large shipment of illegal weapons coming into Brownsville, TX tomorrow. But nope...the FBI has to look into Bill Self and KU cheating.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=12EKKLCwktA

bigred223:

--- Quote from: bkjbearcat on November 14, 2019, 08:03:22 am ---Ya, anything but cheating in college basketball. Hey, there's a report that a large shipment of illegal weapons coming into Brownsville, TX tomorrow. But nope...the FBI has to look into Bill Self and KU cheating.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=12EKKLCwktA
--- End quote ---

Pretty sure they can do both. Also, doesnít the ATF have jurisdiction over that?

farfromgroovins:

--- Quote from: snoutface on November 13, 2019, 08:41:43 pm ---Aunt Becky?

--- End quote ---

Like

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: bigred223 on November 14, 2019, 09:44:31 am ---Pretty sure they can do both. Also, doesnít the ATF have jurisdiction over that?

--- End quote ---

LOL, Don't let a little thing like jurisdiction ruin a good meme and rant.

SeldomHere:

--- Quote from: Wildbill on November 13, 2019, 10:03:30 pm ---What bothers me is if and when this goes down, which could be years from now, it will affect players that had nothing to do with this

--- End quote ---
That is on them, they know what is up and chose to go there. They have options.

3kgthog:
Auburn wonít even get probation. All Chuck Person got was 200 hrs of community service + probation.

IMABIELEMA:

--- Quote from: 3kgthog on November 14, 2019, 01:22:28 pm ---Auburn wonít even get probation. All Chuck Person got was 200 hrs of community service + probation.

--- End quote ---
I donít really see what Auburn did wrong.  An assistant coach was paid by a shoe company and an agent to steer Auburn players to that agent.  Players werenít paid,  so I donít know how you can say Auburn cheated (proof speaking).  Persson deserved a harsher sentence.

ErieHog:

--- Quote from: IMABIELEMA on November 16, 2019, 10:15:31 am ---I donít really see what Auburn did wrong.  An assistant coach was paid by a shoe company and an agent to steer Auburn players to that agent.  Players werenít paid,  so I donít know how you can say Auburn cheated (proof speaking).  Persson deserved a harsher sentence.

--- End quote ---

Its an express violation of the NCAA rules to pay coaches to help steer players to your program.    That's what's so bad about it.    If Arkansas convinced our shoe rep to put  the Arkanasas Wings HC on the payroll, to get his kids to come to Arkansas, then its a really bad thing, and deserving of the harshest sanctions possible.

Auburn and Pearl are as dirty as it gets.

IMABIELEMA:

--- Quote from: ErieHog on November 16, 2019, 05:46:34 pm ---Its an express violation of the NCAA rules to pay coaches to help steer players to your program.    That's what's so bad about it.    If Arkansas convinced our shoe rep to put  the Arkanasas Wings HC on the payroll, to get his kids to come to Arkansas, then its a really bad thing, and deserving of the harshest sanctions possible.

Auburn and Pearl are as dirty as it gets.

--- End quote ---

You completely misunderstand what Chuck Person did.   There is zero proof that they paid kids to go to Auburn.  Chuck (an Auburn assistant coach) was paid to steer CURRENT AUBURN UPPERCLASS PLAYERS to LEAVE Auburn and go professional and sign with a certain agent.  Zero to do with recruiting,  so there is no recruiting violations.  Chuck was hurting Auburn by convincing good players to leave early, not helping them. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version
Mobile View