• 10,886,631 Posts
• 423,935 Topics
• 24,840 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad was  (Read 32973 times)

CAR TigerPig

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Chad was
« Reply #350 on: November 10, 2019, 07:38:00 am »

The entire program is the problem. Unrealistic fan expectations.  No one will ever win 10 games at Arkansas consistently. especially when Auburn, Bama, LSU and A2M are way ahead in every facet of the game.

When Arkansas won in the past most of the programs were way down. Same as it was in the SWC. Feasted off awful programs.

What about beating the rent-a-wins?  Do you think Arkansas could ever do that?  Because if Chad had done just that - he would get year 3.

Jonbo

« Reply #351 on: November 10, 2019, 07:44:47 am »

He isn't going to go on because it's not true.

Chad really thought he was safe because he was told that Friday.

After basically not showing up to play, a player revolt and a meltdown by Chadley....he had to go.

And Hunter pulled his card.

PRJ
I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but something in the scenario you're describing seems off to me. You said last night that after the game "Hunter pulled his card". I take that to mean that Hunter told him he was being terminated. Now, I could see that happening. Lord knows, most of us here have been desperately desiring it for a long time now. But if Hunter did indeed "pull his card", that is, tell him he's fired, how is it that the school is waiting until today to announce it? Isn't it more normal and make more sense to announce the firing publicly immediately after telling the recipient. Waiting 18 or 24 hours, or something like that, you're just asking for it to leak out uncontrollably all over the place, social media take ahold of it and a thousand rumors get flying, players or their parents to start saying stuff on Twitter they weren't supposed to, etc. It just doesn't seem to make sense for Morris to be told last evening, but it not be made public till sometime later today.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Redbeard

« Reply #352 on: November 10, 2019, 07:47:14 am »

I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but something in the scenario you're describing seems off to me. You said last night that after the game "Hunter pulled his card". I take that to mean that Hunter told him he was being terminated. Now, I could see that happening. Lord knows, most of us here have been desperately desiring it for a long time now. But if Hunter did indeed "pull his card", that is, tell him he's fired, how is it that the school is waiting until today to announce it? Isn't it more normal and make more sense to announce the firing publicly immediately after telling the recipient. Waiting 18 or 24 hours, or something like that, you're just asking for it to leak out uncontrollably all over the place, social media take ahold of it and a thousand rumors get flying, players or their parents to start saying stuff on Twitter they weren't supposed to, etc. It just doesn't seem to make sense for Morris to be told last evening, but it not be made public till sometime later today.
Would give the coach a chance to tell his players and for the Admin to get their reasons/thoughts on paper before announcing today.

hogcards

« Reply #353 on: November 10, 2019, 07:49:11 am »

There's still a lot of other sites that are reporting it as done deal.  That's why I was shocked that all of the posts that were started here last night about it being a done deal, were deleted this morning.

Hell, I was hoping to read the details of the buyout, but now all of the posts are gone.

Hogimus Prime

« Reply #354 on: November 10, 2019, 07:49:17 am »

This kinda reminds me of when  White told Stan Heath his job was safe after a SEC tournament win then Broyles fired Heath after a NCAA tournament loss.

Jonbo

« Reply #355 on: November 10, 2019, 07:52:00 am »

Career suicide for any young coach to come to Arkansas.  Better off staying a G5 school.
I don't think that's true. Chad's career has taken a large hit because he's very clearly in over his head, a fact that gets magnified each week. I have to think the entire football world can see that. If he were competent as a Razorback coach, none of this chaos would be happening. A decent coach can come in and do perfectly well. I have to think that's obvious to just about everyone in the coaching fraternity.

AF1

« Reply #356 on: November 10, 2019, 07:54:23 am »

I woke up this morning and thought...did we really just lose to WKU?

Cambridge Hog

« Reply #357 on: November 10, 2019, 07:55:44 am »

I woke up this morning and thought...did we really just lose to WKU?

did we really get our doors blown off by WKU?

hogcards

« Reply #358 on: November 10, 2019, 07:57:33 am »

did we really get our doors blown off by WKU?

"It's gunna take time."

Jonbo

« Reply #359 on: November 10, 2019, 07:58:57 am »

The entire program is the problem. Unrealistic fan expectations.  No one will ever win 10 games at Arkansas consistently. especially when Auburn, Bama, LSU and A2M are way ahead in every facet of the game.

When Arkansas won in the past most of the programs were way down. Same as it was in the SWC. Feasted off awful programs.
Look, even with inherited personnel issues, being extremely upset about Arkansas losing to SJSU, at home, along with a host of other failings I won't bother to list, with no commensurate coups beyond a pretty good signing class last season, one that seems extremely unlikely to be repeated, being extremely pissed about these things does not constitute an unreasonable Arkansas fanbase.

Hogeyeblind

« Reply #360 on: November 10, 2019, 08:07:04 am »

Should never hire egg heads as chancellors.  Nerds.  Nebbish geeks.  John White?  Steinmetz?  Do manly men with ball sacks not get PHds in higher ed?

TNRazorbacker

« Reply #361 on: November 10, 2019, 08:16:12 am »

There's no reasons for him to negotiate a buyout unless we're willing to make him coach here next year as punishment, or if he doesn't want to work anywhere the next four years so he can watch his son somewhere and he's not sure he can get a job there.

This is what Iím thinking. Unless the desire to part ways is mutual the University has no leverage in this negotiation. The time for that was when the contract was written.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #362 on: November 10, 2019, 08:19:30 am »

i believe the name y'all are hunting for is Jerry Jones . and with the players going to HY , you either fire Morris or watch them start transferring in clusters

BallHog1

« Reply #363 on: November 10, 2019, 08:20:11 am »

So did HY just pull his card or what?

Mr Jade

• Senior
« Reply #364 on: November 10, 2019, 08:21:17 am »

Supposedly. The timeline for announcing it just keeps getting pushed back.

ricepig

« Reply #365 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:31 am »

Stick to NASCAR, Miami, or the Redpups.

hogcards

« Reply #366 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:55 am »

10 am?

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #367 on: November 10, 2019, 08:29:47 am »

if by some crazy choice , they decided to keep Morris . he would likely have to find a way to recruit 40 or 45 players . after the blow up a group went to HY . you may see something similar to what happened at Mizzou a few years ago

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #368 on: November 10, 2019, 08:31:24 am »

This is what Iím thinking. Unless the desire to part ways is mutual the University has no leverage in this negotiation. The time for that was when the contract was written.
a lot depends on what the players told HY .

code red

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #369 on: November 10, 2019, 08:36:56 am »

Lol...what parents know he's gone probably have for a while.

OldCoot

« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2019, 08:44:51 am »

Why are you even on this board? Itís for Razorback fans.

I guarantee you we can make as much noise as oklahoma, or either of those Alabama schools.

lumphog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I love this picture
« Reply #371 on: November 10, 2019, 08:56:30 am »

This thread reads like Bob Dylan lyrics. Idk WTH any of it means but itís provocative and I like it

Awesome Post

presidenthog

« Reply #372 on: November 10, 2019, 09:00:19 am »

You realize these chad teams should have won atleast 1 of those A&M games right?

The Auburn's LSU's, and bama's we will not beat consistently. We can if we get off rythem of Auburn's 4 year ups and downs. Usually Arkansas is the same. 4 year ride with a peak. Then a fall. Then a rise. Then a peak. Historically that is. Auburn is exactly the same. Just their highs are higher and now our lows are lower.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2019, 09:15:33 am »

yep, he walked in with "TEXAS" printed in big letters on his dork chest, and he'd never even played any sport even at a small college

big TEXAS man

he's gonna tell these D1 players how it is back on the ranch where he learned how to dance like Goober from Andy Griffin
all hat...no brain

duckman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Outkicked my coverage
« Reply #374 on: November 10, 2019, 09:27:30 am »

Deleted posts, hmmm....

Lady Razorback

« Reply #375 on: November 10, 2019, 09:27:58 am »

Please! This statement is so dated. I donít see any fans thinking this program will rip off 10 win season. Bring something more 2019 to this discussion.

Lady Razorback

« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2019, 09:32:02 am »

Should never hire egg heads as chancellors.  Nerds.  Nebbish geeks.  John White?  Steinmetz?  Do manly men with ball sacks not get PHds in higher ed?

Hire a busy woman to get this done in her free time. Avoids all of this.

SMB Hogfan

« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2019, 09:34:04 am »

Hogeyeblind

« Reply #378 on: November 10, 2019, 09:35:50 am »

Hire a busy woman to get this done in her free time. Avoids all of this.

Just have a clue about athletics.  No one is showing up to watch a chemistry professor lecture.

Danimal

« Reply #379 on: November 10, 2019, 09:35:58 am »

There's still a lot of other sites that are reporting it as done deal.  That's why I was shocked that all of the posts that were started here last night about it being a done deal, were deleted this morning.

Hell, I was hoping to read the details of the buyout, but now all of the posts are gone.
Uh oh....

Lady Razorback

« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2019, 09:37:28 am »

Just have a clue about athletics.  No one is showing up to watch a chemistry professor lecture.

Yes, true.

hotdog hog

« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2019, 09:38:14 am »

This thread reads like Bob Dylan lyrics. Idk WTH any of it means but itís provocative and I like it
Epic ^^

hogcards

« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2019, 09:44:06 am »

So we'll hear something in 15 minutes?

SeldomHere

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • | I like this Swede |
« Reply #383 on: November 10, 2019, 09:45:05 am »

Deleted posts, hmmm....

Why would they be deleted?

Mr Jade

• Senior
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2019, 09:45:23 am »

I sincerely doubt it.

ricepig

« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2019, 09:46:27 am »

Is it that important to you when it happens? Go to church/brunch, and then check back later. The firing isn't dependent on your timeline.

Pigstie

« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2019, 09:46:34 am »

He isn't going to go on because it's not true.

Chad really thought he was safe because he was told that Friday.

After basically not showing up to play, a player revolt and a meltdown by Chadley....he had to go.

And Hunter pulled his card.

PRJ
A melt down?? Who in the world is claiming chad had a meltdown? Who says players went to Hunters office? Sorry but sounds far fetched. Some of these areas are even locked on Saturdays and Sundays.

Pennywise

« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2019, 09:47:07 am »

It was an odd optic seeing players laughing and chumming it up for pictures after getting beat down by WKU yesterday in the extended coverage by sec network.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2019, 09:49:54 am »

It was an odd optic seeing players laughing and chumming it up for pictures after getting beat down by WKU yesterday in the extended coverage by sec network.

I saw that and thought it was weird.  Winning isn't a goal with this staff.

Redhogs

« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2019, 09:50:41 am »

Is it that important to you when it happens? Go to church/brunch, and then check back later. The firing isn't dependent on your timeline.
......IF there is a firing.

farmhawg

« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2019, 09:51:36 am »

Wait, what?

Pigstie

« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2019, 09:51:41 am »

I saw that and thought it was weird.  Winning isn't a goal with this staff.
True, and it also didn't look like a player revolt.

farmhawg

« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2019, 09:52:37 am »

That is how you know he lost the team if the play on the field wasnít enough. Anyone see a senior with tears in his eyes?

Captain Hamerica

• Varsity
  • Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2019, 09:53:24 am »

Yeah I thought it was odd also.  Maybe they were just glad that it's almost over.

AF1

« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2019, 09:56:24 am »

There still is a coaching search forum, so until that is removed I still think he is getting fired.

Redhogs

« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2019, 09:57:38 am »

Deleted posts, hmmm....
Ya strange...what do you make of it? Especially since Lanny and the other mods have been so vocal about getting rid of him. I would not put in the positive column for a dismissal.

AF1

« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:13 am »

Maybe some of them can explain why they removed them.

Hog Spread

« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2019, 10:00:10 am »

Pulled his card.  When folks use analogies like this, theyíre full of it. Gambling to be right is what this is. No one knows anything on this board. Should he be FIRED. Yes.  Will he? 

jgphillips3

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2019, 10:01:23 am »

Are you sure the posts are removed or did they just get moved to the coaching search forum?

hogcards

« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2019, 10:02:08 am »

I noticed that also.   He should have had their arses in the kicker room chewing them out.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas