• 10,750,140 Posts
• 420,099 Topics
• 24,694 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Chad was  (Read 31458 times)

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
Re: Chad was
« Reply #250 on: November 09, 2019, 08:52:21 pm »

Do the math for me on 7 opposed to 10.
He just won the damn lotto.  As Steve Miller said, "Go on, take the money and run." 

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #251 on: November 09, 2019, 08:54:23 pm »

you got the money to be the one to replace them? money brings power
Bless your heart...we were talking about the fact that yesterday the PRJ sources said he was safe today regardless.  Do you think he should be?  Please weigh in.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Rudy Baylor

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Naked STP Girl loves Sam Pittman
« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2019, 08:55:50 pm »

which Booster was at the game with family playing and not named Lindsey

yep, and this is why on page 6 of this thread, no one will say it was Hunter who told him that

because it wasn't Hunter

billionaires know they can lie and not get called on it even by the people they lie to

WoePigSooie

• Senior
« Reply #253 on: November 09, 2019, 09:02:16 pm »

He needs to be at a North Texas or Texas State
You realize North Texas beat us?

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #254 on: November 09, 2019, 09:02:50 pm »

I think the fallout is that folks are going to find that the reported toxic locker room issues he inherited never went away- and he never found the team.

And I think its been worse than folks realize.

Iíve heard for quite some time that up to 10 players were a flight risk to the portal plus 1 retiring. Thereís up to 8 freshman that could still leave, by my count.  Part of that is due to them being impressionable to the attitudes of some upperclassmen. The other part of that is due the Morris selling one message but not following through with actions to back it up.

At least one player on the team could be viewed as a headwind to our recruiting. Heís an upperclassman that keeps things real for prospective recruits. He tells them what to expect from the recruiting process and then what to expect once they are here. That message has caused several to look elsewhere because what is sold is not what is actualized.

At this point, I would say the main source of toxicity in the locker room is due to two key things. First, Morris is hands off and unapproachable behind the scenes despite his sales pitch. Second, the messaging within the staff has no consistency. Absolutely no one is on the same page. Each position group pretty much does their own thing and itís then supposed to magically come together somehow. Many players are absolutely dumbfounded by what they do and thusly, are playing for their position coach aspect more than the team as a whole.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #255 on: November 09, 2019, 09:07:15 pm »

Bless your heart...we were talking about the fact that yesterday the PRJ sources said he was safe today regardless.  Do you think he should be?  Please weigh in.
he was told he was safe by a booster . Not HY . it doesn't take much thought to start coming up with a name of who might benefit by that. No in my opinion San Jose should have ended it but really we have no one on staff as a qualified Interim coach. At this point we have nothing to play for anyway. Keep in mind UCA has bragging rights over Arkansas. that alone should be cause

Hogwop

• All-American Hogvillian
  • You've raised my frosty dander!
« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2019, 09:09:19 pm »

I will be lambasted and roasted for this post, but I don't care.  I truly feel sorry for Chad Morris, if reports of his  extreme emotional distress are indeed factual.  I want him gone from our program; he has been a complete disaster at the helm of The Razorbacks. - - But I certainly would take no joy in a mental breakdown on his part.  I am not sadistically turned, and I would consider that personal tragedy to poignantly top off an extremely sad period in Arkansas Razorbacks history.

I wish him gone; - - - but I do not wish him ill.

I imagine most hog fans don't want the man to have a nervous breakdown, just want him gone.

mboot

• Varsity
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2019, 09:10:39 pm »

I imagine most hog fans don't want the man to have a nervous breakdown, just want him gone.

I had one when he was hired and again when we lost to SJS and still dont wish that on him.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2019, 09:13:10 pm »

he was told he was safe by a booster . Not HY .

cosign

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2019, 09:15:45 pm »

he was told he was safe by a booster . Not HY . it doesn't take much thought to start coming up with a name of who might benefit by that. No in my opinion San Jose should have ended it but really we have no one on staff as a qualified Interim coach. At this point we have nothing to play for anyway. Keep in mind UCA has bragging rights over Arkansas. that alone should be cause
Well, I guess that was my point.  It is a moot point when you lose to WK or Southern Idaho.  I am an alum of the University and I am really disappointed to say the least. 

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2019, 09:21:26 pm »

I will be lambasted and roasted for this post, but I don't care.  I truly feel sorry for Chad Morris, if reports of his  extreme emotional distress are indeed factual.  I want him gone from our program; he has been a complete disaster at the helm of The Razorbacks. - - But I certainly would take no joy in a mental breakdown on his part.  I am not sadistically turned, and I would consider that personal tragedy to poignantly top off an extremely sad period in Arkansas Razorbacks history.

Agree. I canít imagine many Hog fans wish Morris any ill. As you stated well, we just want to part ways. In my opinion, Morris is much like Icarus. He was guilty of hubris and flew too close to the sun with wings made of wax and feathers and fell as hard as any hire possibly could. It was his own doing, Heíll be a keeper for someone but just keep her the hell away from the UofA going forward.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Eric Musselman!
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2019, 09:25:20 pm »

Agree. I canít imagine many Hog fans wish Morris any ill. As you stated well, we just want to part ways. In my opinion, Morris is much like Icarus. He was guilty of hubris and flew too close to the sun with wings made of wax and feathers and fell as hard as any hire possibly could. It was his own doing, Heíll be a keeper for someone but just keep her the hell away from the UofA going forward.
The wax wing situation is fluid.

thebignasty

• This one goes to 11.
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2019, 09:26:23 pm »

Drank a little too much of his own koolaid for his own good.

RGRHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2019, 09:32:16 pm »

This is HOGVILLLE at its best right here.  Who said that it was not HY?  You have no insight and should stop.

Muleriderhog

• Hogvillian
  • For the love of God, please hire Drinkwitz
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2019, 09:38:11 pm »

If you lie enough, you start to believe it.

Hogs958

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2019, 09:41:04 pm »

UA paid SJS and WKU 1.5 million to play us. Weíve lost that and more because of a lack of ticket sales and Iím sure merch sales. He has to go. No one believes in the product.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2019, 09:41:14 pm »

I imagine it would be a difficult thing for a man of his profession to face the hard reality that he is not as good at his job as he once thought himself to be.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2019, 09:44:39 pm »

Left one out: Aggie sized brain.

That takes a  microscope to find.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2019, 09:45:51 pm »

I would imagine it would be a difficult thing for a man of his profession to face the hard reality that he is not as good at his job as he once thought himself to be.

Well - if wants to be a good head coach in the future he should step back and realize he did some things wrong.
Learn from his mistakes and all.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2019, 09:52:34 pm »

He's an Aggie. He can't help it or avoid it.

dayofthehawg1

• Senior
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #270 on: November 09, 2019, 10:00:03 pm »

He seems to be a good guy.  His staff are good people.  He was just in over his head.  That's on the Arkansas decision makers.  And most likely a product of not having an actual AD at time of hire.  Let's get him gone and move to the next.  Hopefully due diligence is done on the next HC.  We need to get this next one right.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
  • "We got that wood rot her"
« Reply #271 on: November 09, 2019, 10:03:30 pm »

This is HOGVILLLE at its best right here.  Who said that it was not HY?  You have no insight and should stop.

Well, I guess that was my point.  It is a moot point when you lose to WK or Southern Idaho.  I am an alum of the University and I am really disappointed to say the least. 

Sorry I quoted myself.

So, the source didn't think we MIGHT lose to WKU?  Really?  I understand you fanatical retardism.  But, we are a really bad coached team and if people in power can't see that yesterday then maybe they need to be replaced too.

I ain't mad bro.  i don't take meds bro. PRJ may not have any REAL insight into what is really happening with the new regime in place.  That is probably a hard concept for you to understand.  I don't have any problem with you or PRJ.  Dude we suck really, really bad.  That changes things.   
Either 1 of 2 things is going on. 1.You either are missing your meds or 2. You are so drunk you keep forgetting you are signed in with your wrong account.

I say this because you quote and reply to a post saying one thing then quote the same post saying something off the wall next.

Rudy Baylor

« Reply #272 on: November 09, 2019, 10:07:38 pm »

He seems to be a good guy.  His staff are good people.  He was just in over his head.  That's on the Arkansas decision makers.  And most likely a product of not having an actual AD at time of hire.  Let's get him gone and move to the next.  Hopefully due diligence is done on the next HC.  We need to get this next one right.

No, he's not a good guy. He is dishonest about little things and reverses track on whatever can make him sound good today, and he plays favorites to some players and shuns others. He is also a pissy little bitch in press conferences.

dmaxfan

• Varsity
« Reply #273 on: November 09, 2019, 10:09:39 pm »

Amen. I haven't disliked a coach like Bert because Bert couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the "c" and the "t" and was faking his way by being a drunk salesman. But even then, I may joke, but I do not wish harm on anyone.

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #274 on: November 09, 2019, 10:11:52 pm »

Iíve heard for quite some time that up to 10 players were a flight risk to the portal plus 1 retiring. Thereís up to 8 freshman that could still leave, by my count.  Part of that is due to them being impressionable to the attitudes of some upperclassmen. The other part of that is due the Morris selling one message but not following through with actions to back it up.

At least one player on the team could be viewed as a headwind to our recruiting. Heís an upperclassman that keeps things real for prospective recruits. He tells them what to expect from the recruiting process and then what to expect once they are here. That message has caused several to look elsewhere because what is sold is not what is actualized.

At this point, I would say the main source of toxicity in the locker room is due to two key things. First, Morris is hands off and unapproachable behind the scenes despite his sales pitch. Second, the messaging within the staff has no consistency. Absolutely no one is on the same page. Each position group pretty much does their own thing and itís then supposed to magically come together somehow. Many players are absolutely dumbfounded by what they do and thusly, are playing for their position coach aspect more than the team as a whole.
This is fairly disturbing to hear....but makes sense in comparison to what we watch on Saturdays.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #275 on: November 09, 2019, 10:12:00 pm »

No, he's not a good guy. He is dishonest about little things and reverses track on whatever can make him sound good today, and he plays favorites to some players and shuns others. He is also a pissy little bitch in press conferences.
He gets those narrow eyes like he wants to attack you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:26:05 pm by Pig in the Pokey »

BroyledNutts

« Reply #276 on: November 09, 2019, 10:12:42 pm »

He gets though narrow eyes like he wants to attack you.

It's obvious he doesn't like to be questioned or challenged about anything.

SRV

• Senior
« Reply #277 on: November 09, 2019, 10:19:49 pm »

Nobody up there thought we were gonna get beat today.

Nobody.

Think the players had something to say about Chad after the game....

They said it to Hunter.

PRJ

How could they possibly have not seen this coming?

jbott

• Senior
  • Joey!!
« Reply #278 on: November 09, 2019, 10:24:08 pm »

Lol. Not how this works. Ha ha

Told yesterday he was safe.....

Then Hunter pulled his card.

Word is Morris is legit melting down.

Announcement tomorrow.

PRJ

dmaxfan

• Varsity
« Reply #279 on: November 09, 2019, 10:27:32 pm »

How could they possibly have not seen this coming?

Because money men, no matter how successful they are in the professional world, are really off in other areas of their life. The meddling and football thing is a passionate hobby to them, that they really need to stay out of because they are no good at it. I, for instance, am pretty successful, but if I try to work on my ranger or my diesel pickup, I usually break more than I fix.

porkrindjimmy

• Hogville.net
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2019, 10:32:48 pm »

Lol. Not how this works. Ha ha

It's exactly how it worked.

Exactly

PRJ

I_Called_That_Play_Brotha

• Varsity
  • Never beaten a P5.
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2019, 10:32:54 pm »

If we're thinking extreme emotional distress in the same way?  I've never been a bigger fan of a post. I, like you, am not a sadist.

But if we're talking about a Red Bull fueled and narcissistic self-righteous Vesuvius? An entitled explosion where he never grasped the problem is in the mirror?

I might feel differently...

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2019, 10:35:59 pm »

Here's an example from an ex-player as to how Morris initially came in.

Briston Guidry Twitter:

"I remember the first meeting him telling us if ya'll was doing things right I wouldn't be here.....lol well the tables have turned."

Also saw where Jared Cornelius said he didn't learn a thing under this staff. Said they were nice guys but not sure they knew how to gameplan or develop players.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2019, 10:37:45 pm »

I saw on another board that Morris didn't go to the "Senior dinner" because he was too upset.

Is that true?
Did they even have a Senior dinner?

EconHawg

« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2019, 10:39:00 pm »

I saw on another board that Morris didn't go to the "Senior dinner" because he was too upset.

Is that true?

I dont think there ever was a senior dinner. Just a story someone made up. 

jbott

• Senior
  • Joey!!
« Reply #285 on: November 09, 2019, 10:39:27 pm »

Lol.

It's exactly how it worked.

Exactly

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2019, 10:41:04 pm »

Lol.

You should really just listen to what the man has to say.

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2019, 10:42:07 pm »

Here's an example from an ex-player as to how Morris initially came in.

Briston Guidry Twitter:

"I remember the first meeting him telling us if ya'll was doing things right I wouldn't be here.....lol well the tables have turned."

Also saw where Jared Cornelius said he didn't learn a thing under this staff. Said they were nice guys but not sure they knew how to gameplan or develop players.

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. Thanks for sharing it. 

jbott

• Senior
  • Joey!!
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2019, 10:45:08 pm »

That chad was told he was safe yesterday.
Total bs. Fact

You should really just listen to what the man has to say.

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2019, 10:50:04 pm »

Total bs. Fact

Just pay attention because you aren't. He didn't say WHO told him that.

jbott

• Senior
  • Joey!!
« Reply #290 on: November 09, 2019, 10:54:08 pm »

Ok. Your right he was told he was safe yesterday.
Total shock what happened today.

I wasnít paying attention.
Gtfo

Just pay attention because you aren't. He didn't say WHO told him that.

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:29 pm »

Ok. Your right he was told he was safe yesterday.
Total shock what happened today.

I wasn’t paying attention.
Gtfo

Keep mouthing. I'm sure it makes you feel better but it doesn't make you right. Have a great night.

SeldomHere

• My all-time favorite gender.
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:35 pm »

You realize North Texas beat us?

Serves'm right then. They deserve him.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2019, 10:56:28 pm »

Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. Thanks for sharing it. 

I know it seems like I'm really piling on but the players have taken flack for 2 years about this locker room.
And I think now the fans will finally see it's not all on the players.

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2019, 10:58:39 pm »

I know it seems like I'm really piling on but the players have taken flack for 2 years about this locker room.
And I think now the fans will finally see it's not all on the players.

You're right and it's all good information. It's no wonder things have turned into what they are now.

Deeznutts

• Senior
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2019, 11:06:52 pm »

Blah blah blah. Idiots spewing shite. None of you know dick. Iíll wait for the press conference. Toads.

Marshfieldhog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2019, 11:08:46 pm »

Blah blah blah. Idiots spewing shite. None of you know dick. Iíll wait for the press conference. Toads.

Gulp! Gulp! Gulp!

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2019, 11:11:50 pm »

Total bs. Fact

In fact they reached a buyout settlement Friday and was supposed to get till end of year. The O'Grady incident, The Taggert firing, and the embarrassing loss have expedited things.

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2019, 11:12:10 pm »

Gulp! Gulp! Gulp!

lol

More like Choke! Spit! Spit!

SooieGeneris

• Put On The Ol' Feedbag Boys, 270 lbers are passe!
« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2019, 11:35:19 pm »

I read with great interest things said by current or former players because they have access to knowledge or inside info we don't hear.

For a hire to work out as disastrously as this one has, there are reasons. IMO the players were/are here to have won 5 or 6 games both last year and this one.

We can't compare to Alabama or LSU or the top of the SEC in talent, but unless the all knowing recruiting gurus are totally wrong we should be able to manhandle teams like San Jose and WKU.

It's coaching that has been lacking more than anything is what I keep hearing. Failure to tweak schemes to fit the personnel which is very important after a regime change.

There are things that cannot be simply explained to the point that it makes me wonder aloud every game: "What have these guys been doing all week?" "Did we prepare for this game AT ALL?"

"It's not who we play, it's how we play" is a Chadism that we kept hearing. That attitude was Nolan's downfall in his later years IMO, not changing anything to react to the opponent. Nolan was a great coach in his prime.

Morris MAY have been a great HS coach, but has proved nothing as a college HC that would validate having that attitude. Clemson likely had much better talent than their opponents nearly every game he was OC making it much easier to just do what you do.

There was always Dabo to over rule if he wanted to do something stupid like run the wildcat over and over even as it kept getting blown up at the LOS.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas